Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

carne asada fries in the east bay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Yes. They have a burrito almost as big and long as my forearm and fist... the burritozilla.

Dammit... I'm going to Iguana's now. Another time when the owner's there, I'll talk to him about hooking up Cali burritos. Or better yet, I'm gonna call one of them.
I read reviews about the burritozilla... Large in size but lacking in quality. There were a few places like that in San Diego where one can get a 3 foot long burrito for $12. It looks impressive but tasted like garbage.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bmpnride
I went to SDSU. I know all about the 24 hour mexican places. Drunk folks used to swarm over to Los Panchos and dine on their garbage food. I was always a fan of Albertos ......
Is that the place that has the steep roof on the corner of Montezuma? If so that place was crap. I went to UCSD.

Alberto's, Aibertos, Roberto's, and some Cotixan's, are good. Taco Fiesta was good at night, but the next morning there was a fiesta going on in your stomach...not the good kind either.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by bmpnride
I read reviews about the burritozilla... Large in size but lacking in quality. There were a few places like that in San Diego where one can get a 3 foot long burrito for $12. It looks impressive but tasted like garbage.
There are actually a few other places that I prefer to go to when I want a burrito or taco... I only go to Iguana's when I want some carne asada nacho fries.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Hooman6MT
Is that the place that has the steep roof on the corner of Montezuma? If so that place was crap. I went to UCSD.

Alberto's, Aibertos, Roberto's, and some Cotixan's, are good. Taco Fiesta was good at night, but the next morning there was a fiesta going on in your stomach...not the good kind either.
It sure was. Los Ponchos was always the busiest place on nights with frat parties. We would see groups of 20+ people walking to get food there. I used to go to Sombreros on occasion. I have tried almost all the places in SD especially the ones that ended in "bertos"

Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
There are actually a few other places that I prefer to go to when I want a burrito or taco... I only go to Iguana's when I want some carne asada nacho fries.
For good burritos in 650 I recommend La Morena in SSF, Chavez in RWC, Araujos in San Bruno for the 24 mexican munchies, La Corneta in Burlingame (SF) and Pancho Villa in San Mateo. La Tapatia in SSF has killer carnitas and chicken and the best beans but the burrito quality has slipped from what they once were.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was at SJSU, La victoria in Downtown SJ was the best. I always preferred La Vic's(Carne Asada Super Quesadilla FTW!) and there red sauce was/is frikkin addictive. I never cared much for Iguana's. But then I never tried the Carne Asada Fries.
Dave

Last edited by MyRedG03.5; 01-10-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
The guys at Iguana's said they have been and will do Cali burritos, but it's not on their menu yet, so they don't have a set way to make em, so you gotta know what's gonna go in it.

There's another very interesting sounding burrito that they're thinking about adding to the menu but won't make for customers right now, but I'm gonna head over there to try it tonight!

Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Update: I went to Taqueria Las Vegas in Fremont and got a California Burrito. At first they were a little confused but after I explained it was a carne asada burrito with fries in it, they knew.

I have to admit, while it wasn't as good as other burritos I've had in San Diego, it was pretty damn good. And I wasn't even drunk I would recommend the burrito there. It's a bit pricey for a random burrito spot (7 bucks for a burrito), but it was very filling. I would check it out if you are in the area, it's worth the money.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:43 AM
dut
Here I am again, I clicked on NEW POSTS and wound up in here.

Anywho, being from SAN DIEGO I can tell you guys that you're missing out.

When I'm sort of hungry I get a Cali burrito (which SUPPOSEDLY was 'invented' here?)

When I'm starving I get Carne Asada Fries, got damn FTMFW!

I pretty much have it set on which "hole in the wall" (yes, the more ghetto, the more better) has the best burrito/fries.

Also, I'm sure you guys have this... but what better way to make your favorite food better??? YOU FRY IT! Try a Carne Asada chimichanga.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
so i guess no one can recommend a place that sells carne asada fries in the east bay huh? dammit.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Taqueria Las Vegas in Fremont had Carne Asada fries. I didn't order them, but 3 out of the 5 people that came in the store while I was there ordered them. So I figure they must be decent at least.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Taqueria Las Vegas in Fremont had Carne Asada fries. I didn't order them, but 3 out of the 5 people that came in the store while I was there ordered them. So I figure they must be decent at least.
Hmmmm . . . That stuff sounds good. I'm going to have to try it one of these days.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
workin...

Originally Posted by G-MENTED
so i guess no one can recommend a place that sells carne asada fries in the east bay huh? dammit.
isn't fremont considered east bay?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:15 PM
workin...

andy, let's have a meet here....

Originally Posted by andy2434
Hmmmm . . . That stuff sounds good. I'm going to have to try it one of these days.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:21 PM
theres also a Taqueria Las Vegas in milpitas too.....
wasnt there supposed to be a meet to go there??

i havent eaten there, but i hear its really good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: carne asada fries in the east bay?