Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Window Tint Suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Oh, I'll get them too. Don't you worry.

23120. No person shall operate a motor vehicle while wearing
glasses having a temple width of one-half inch or more if any part of
such temple extends below the horizontal center of the lens so as to
interfere with lateral vision.
Hahaha, didnt know those are illegal...poor old ppl, can you cut them a break?

Old 03-10-2008, 04:55 PM
i went to KINGTINT last sunday to make the appointment. The guy told me if i want to use 3M i need wait his 15+ years exp guy back from his holiday. it takes around a month.
Should i wait, or some other better place to do it?? i need some suggest. in bay area thx so much

Old 03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
himsky - Phil's tint guy should be coming back from vacation soon. i wanted to get darker tint for HIN, but the guy wasn't back yet so those plans fell through. Phil is expecting him any day now. while i haven't personally gotten tint there yet, but it comes very highly recommended

Old 03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
thx so is Phil's is the boss??
if he is i will try to ask him if i bring some more frd in, will be any special for me
wahahahahaha
i talked to him few time he is great guy.He warned me 20% for font driver and passenger side will get catch by COP. i still little be worry but i really want my car looks cool too

Old 03-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Guess what? I am in Kingtint now! by using their internet to write this.
i am waiting my car get tint all around 20%. i would say the rest area is cool internet, cable tv, massage chair...Phil even can dive me to the mall nearby. i am going to have lunch with my frd then come back for my car. wahahaha

i will post my car photo up asap. ^__^

Old 03-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Good luck with them, post some pics when you get the chance.

Last edited by ICANHASFRANKIE; 03-15-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by himsky
Guess what? I am in Kingtint now! by using their internet to write this.
i am waiting my car get tint all around 20%. i would say the rest area is cool internet, cable tv, massage chair...Phil even can dive me to the mall nearby. i am going to have lunch with my frd then come back for my car. wahahaha

i will post my car photo up asap. ^__^
How much, how many windows, and what kind of tint? I may do a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a great deal at Best Image in San Mateo on S.Railroad.. I paid $120 for all 5 windows (not front windshield) and it comes with a lifetime warranty against purple, bubbling, or anything like that. I got 35% in the front and 20% in the back, they did a great job and it hugs the edges of the windows so close, you can't tell it was tinted.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:31 PM
elayman................what a deal......................................

By the way
i get it done yesterday, cost me $310 for 5 windows 20%
(no front windshield)with 3M

Have bubble and cloudy on window now, the guy say need to wait 2-3 day to let the bubble gone.

when i look inside is not really really dark, i can see all my stuff at font (hot sunny day)
when i get in the car, first feel is cool, really cool, i don't think i need open A/C anymore rest of my life.WAhahaha
when i look outside clear, really clear. Although still have bubble and kind of cloudy now, but no problem for any vision problem for me(even i dont have good eye...)i believe it will come better next few day TOO!!!

At night.......look inside, cannot really see my stuff in car, only shadow(nearly pure black if in really dark night), BUT once again look outside form car, NO any vision problem TRUST ME! SO CLEAR IF U HIT THE BRAKE for back. No any problem for side window too!!!

MY Heart feeling:
I can easily find the different between 3M and other brand, 3M IS BETTER. KINGTINT is really expensive for me, but they did the good job. 35% all around the car is too light for me. 20% is PERFECT i dont have any problem with it. BUT the problem is how the COP think.......most of my frd look at my car at night and say i would got TICKET pretty soon.... i would say may be is time to learn how to roll down the window when got pull over or see COP on the road. I see a lot of car in my school S.F state have really dark tint in font like me. (THE 3M tint is not mirror screen i hope it can reduce the cop attention (Day Dreaming..))so i would like to take the risk other than with 35%.
LAST THING when i inside the car i feel relax, my car inside space bigger and feel has my own private place(still can see outside, outside still can see inside)

P.S i will take some photo, then upload to u guys. thx for helping these day!!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
what are you going to do on a rainy day and you see a cop???
you still going to roll down your windows???

Old 03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Last night i saw two cop on the road.
Fist the cop is outside his car handlig traffic,(he is busy) so i just pass him regularly. no problem didn't roll down window.
Second the cop is in front of me, then i try to follow his back and don't stop next to him at traffic light. at last he make a turn then i pass him regularly no problem didn't roll down window.

i think if i don't drive crazy don't crap the cop attention i may be fine. also because my car is sedan, may be it helps too
(daydreaming again... )

Originally Posted by I has Kitty
what are you going to do on a rainy day and you see a cop???
you still going to roll down your windows???
in rainy day if the cop pull me over then when he come out his car i will roll down the window. hope that never happen

Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Last edited by I has Kitty; 03-17-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by himsky
in rainy day if the cop pull me over then when he come out his car i will roll down the window. hope that never happen
are you serious? what if that is the reason he pulled you over in the first place??? rolling down the window before he comes up to it isnt going to help you

Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM
i say go 20% all around

Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I usually drive around with my windows down completely or just half way down. This has nothing to do with the tint, just driving behavior.

If it is raining, Im not gonna roll my windows down to avoid a ticket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Suggestion