Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Another "I got a tint/front plate ticket" thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
useless lifeless "police" wasting our and their time citing mindless infractions for authoritarian laws no-one follows.

it's always confused me about America how the entire legal system seeks to make a criminal out of the normal person...branding as illegal basic personal freedoms such as tint, front license plate, and drinking age in a seemingly suicidal effort to erase its own relevance.

that said, I JUST got pulled over and got a triple citation: tint (5% up front), no front license plate, and my back tires were too bald (yes, you can get a ticket for that hahaha)

the slimy cop was in the left lane, waiting for the light to run green. I pulled up to the stop light (windows down), stopped, and prepared to turn right. The waste-of-space rips across 3 lanes to get behind me, pull me over, and harrass yet another tax-paying citizen with triple his education, a hundred times his bank account, and a thousand times his utility. He didn't have **** on me until he walked to the front of the car to see no plate, got me to roll up my windows to see the tint, and saw my tires.

Needless to say, I was less than polite when I figured he was gonna stick me with the tickets anyway. I already got the tires so this is what I'm going to do: get a front plate bracket, take the tint off, get my citations signed off, then i'll just take the bracket right off (no holes drilled) and I'll put the tint right back on. That said, I will use every clerk/court loophole and provision to get the deadline extended again and again so I wont really have to deal with this until well into June (my current deadline is mid-may).

F*CK YOU CHP. If I have to go the round-about way and spend $$$ to maintain my freedom of choice, I will do so.

edit: my G is definitely not stock . This car's gotten pulled over a grand total of 12 times, with the last ticket bringing the ticket count to 5 (9 citations though.. hah). The discrepancy between the numbers is a testament both to my silver tongue and to the ease with which community college graduate cops can be manipulated.

Last edited by rocaveli; 03-25-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 PM
GEEEESUSS.....5% ALL AROUND? They were harrassing me for 30% up front and 20% rears. I too have gotten pulled over for the three things (no plates, tint and exhaust). I wish they would leave us alone. We're not the civics of the street trying to race everyone at a stop light.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by rocaveli
useless lifeless "police" wasting our and their time citing mindless infractions for authoritarian laws no-one follows.

it's always confused me about America how the entire legal system seeks to make a criminal out of the normal person...branding as illegal basic personal freedoms such as tint, front license plate, and drinking age in a seemingly suicidal effort to erase its own relevance.

that said, I JUST got pulled over and got a triple citation: tint (5% up front), no front license plate, and my back tires were too bald (yes, you can get a ticket for that hahaha)

the slimy cop was in the left lane, waiting for the light to run green. I pulled up to the stop light (windows down), stopped, and prepared to turn right. The waste-of-space rips across 3 lanes to get behind me, pull me over, and harrass yet another tax-paying citizen with triple his education, a hundred times his bank account, and a thousand times his utility. He didn't have **** on me until he walked to the front of the car to see no plate, got me to roll up my windows to see the tint, and saw my tires.

Needless to say, I was less than polite when I figured he was gonna stick me with the tickets anyway. I already got the tires so this is what I'm going to do: get a front plate bracket, take the tint off, get my citations signed off, then i'll just take the bracket right off (no holes drilled) and I'll put the tint right back on. That said, I will use every clerk/court loophole and provision to get the deadline extended again and again so I wont really have to deal with this until well into June (my current deadline is mid-may).

F*CK YOU CHP. If I have to go the round-about way and spend $$$ to maintain my freedom of choice, I will do so.

edit: my G is definitely not stock . This car's gotten pulled over a grand total of 12 times, with the last ticket bringing the ticket count to 5 (9 citations though.. hah). The discrepancy between the numbers is a testament both to my silver tongue and to the ease with which community college graduate cops can be manipulated.
Ok rocaveli, show me on the doll where the CHP officer touched you.

You sound really bitter man. No one likes getting nailed for trivial infractions, but keep things in context, this is not Afghanistan under the Taliban.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sucks man.. =[ if only u knew someone who can jus sign it off so u dun hav to remove ur tints..

Old 03-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had 5% tint all around (except windshield) on my car for going on two and a half years now.... I've gotten pulled over three times for it, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and two weeks ago in Pleasanton. This last time the cop said I rolled the stop sign (which I did, hey having a stick makes that happen sometimes we all know it). He nailed me for the windows at the same time and then walked to the front of the car and then had this little nasty cop smirk on his face. Then he came back and mentioned I had no front plate either. This is one thing that makes me miss living in LA, I could be driving right next to a cop down there and NEVER get pulled over. EVERYONE (including all the celebs) have tint and don't get busted. Being up here, I usually just try to roll down the windows when I see a cop but this guy surprised me. It's just luck of the draw I guess. I've considered going up to 20% on the fronts, but having a "buddy" to help you out is always nice!!

Old 03-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Wow... and I just dodged a bullet for the same last week... almost got a dui too (although I doubt the beer I had hours before would give me a 0.08).

Good thing my friend was wearing his FD hat!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F*CK YOU CHP.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:26 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ loL!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
haha....

Yea guys... Although it sucks that some officers would rather spend all day busting peoples ***** about minor things like tint and no front plates, we all know that it is ILLEGAL. It doesn't matter what reason makes it illegal, other than the fact that it is. Most of us choose to ignore the law and mod our cars regardless. Therefore, theres not much to bitch about.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
J-Dizzle

Become someone important in the US Highway and Street Safety Committee, I think they help provision the law, and change the law. Other then that, you can curse, swear, and yell at LEO's for rest of your life and nothing will change.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
I see your problem... you think this is a truly free world... well, I'm sincerely sorry to have to be the one to tell you that you're wrong, my friend. The only thing America promises is the freedom to do business... You can try to argue against that all you want. But take a step back and take a look for yourself. The laws don't lie.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ f'ing andy always looking at the bright side. lol
besides if it wasnt illegal to tint ur windows and everyone had it what entertainment would i get sitting in traffic. nothing like watchingpeople do random things in thier cars or watching people fight or picking thier nose lol

Old 03-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
You know, I wasn't going to say anything . . . But, please allow this old stuffy guy a few lines, here.

No one here enjoys their car(s) more than myself. As such, we mod our vehicles. Do we add items to our cars, which we know may potentially get us into a bit of trouble? . . . Absolutely, we do. Then, why do some of us whine like babies late for a feeding . . . When we get caught?

Listen, we have no one to point the finger to, but ourselves, when we knowingly put ourselves into these situations.

I would love to not have that ugly front plate attached to my bumper. However, for me, it is definitely not worth the drama.

Yes, some of us may choose to blame law enforcement for our own woes. However, it doesn't change things . . . We make our own choices and decisions. The real question is . . . Can we live with the said?

It's all relative, peeps.

Last edited by Andy2434; 03-26-2008 at 12:56 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another "I got a tint/front plate ticket" thread