Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

would u buy a car if you found a gun in the glovebox?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a carry permit and keep a gun in the center/ nav glove compartment, of my G when traveling. However day to day it is not kept in teh car. Generally I carry on my person. Leaving a gun in the vehicle is irresponsible. If some one breaks into or steals the car, there is another gun in the wrong hands. Not to mention, if some one else drives your car, and doesn't have a CCW permit, they could be in for a major hassle. Leaving a gun in the glove compartment of a Miata is just asking for trouble. If the person is stupid enough to leave it in the car to start with, let alone knowing that some one would be looking at it, probably isn't smart enough to properly maintain the car.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lov3rboy408
gun is for pu.ssy ..only coward use weapon.
"you know what I hate more than anything?: A pu$$y with a gun" - Shoot Em Up (great movie!!)

Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
uh did you even check if the car was really his? maybe he went car shopping earlier in the day, if you know what im sayin?

Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I would of just asked if the GUn comes with the deal... If so Ill take it! free gun in case of SOS. if someone tryed to jack you you can just be nice and jack them back....

Old 04-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Just because you have a gun does NOT make you a criminal... As long as you are within legal parameters of course. Maybe he's a bounty hunter or something. Maybe he's part of law enforcement or he's a security guard. Owning a gun is your constitutional right as long as you follow the rules and have a sense of responsibility.

But on the other hand if he is illegally carrying the firearm then he's not the first or only person to do so. It is naive to think that there are only a few who do this. If he's illegally carrying the gun then maybe he's in some sort of danger which CAN affect you. If someone is after him then YOU buy his car then hmmm... I don't know if I would feel comfortable with that.

I think having a gun at home is sort of like insurance. Better to have it and never need it than to need it and not have it.

Last edited by Disco_Monkey; 04-08-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by GGRJR
I have a carry permit and keep a gun in the center/ nav glove compartment, of my G when traveling. However day to day it is not kept in teh car. Generally I carry on my person. Leaving a gun in the vehicle is irresponsible. If some one breaks into or steals the car, there is another gun in the wrong hands. Not to mention, if some one else drives your car, and doesn't have a CCW permit, they could be in for a major hassle. Leaving a gun in the glove compartment of a Miata is just asking for trouble. If the person is stupid enough to leave it in the car to start with, let alone knowing that some one would be looking at it, probably isn't smart enough to properly maintain the car.
Not everybody can get a CCW in Cali... I believe it's limited to law enforcement only...

Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
Just because you have a gun does NOT make you a criminal... As long as you are within legal parameters of course. Maybe he's a bounty hunter or something. Maybe he's part of law enforcement or he's a security guard. Owning a gun is your constitutional right as long as you follow the rules and have a sense of responsibility.

But on the other hand if he is illegally carrying the firearm then he's not the first or only person to do so. It is naive to think that there are only a few who do this. If he's illegally carrying the gun then maybe he's in some sort of danger which CAN affect you. If someone is after him then YOU buy his car then hmmm... I don't know if I would feel comfortable with that.

I think having a gun at home is sort of like insurance. Better to have it and never need it than to need it and not have it.
Legally carrying or not, he's carrying for a reason... You would never want someone looking for this guy to mistake you for him because of the car...

Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by dofu
Not everybody can get a CCW in Cali... I believe it's limited to law enforcement only...
California issues CCW permits however those are at the discretion of your local Sheriff and you must provide a "Good Cause" statement explaining/justifying your desire to obtain the permit. Even if you are an upstanding law-abiding citizen, your constitutional right can still be denied if the Sheriff is a retard SOB - like San Francisco's "Sheriff" Hennessey who never actually was a sworn officer of the law before getting the sheriff position 20 years ago.

Under his rule, San Francisco - with a population of ~793,600 - has 10 CCW permits issued. That works out to about 0.00013% issuance rate; the worst of any county in the entire state.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by NismoV35
Pu$$y! Real G's Keep it unda tha Seat.....
naw yo, real G's keep it on their waist so no one knows about it

Old 06-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Rip

Old 06-13-2008, 05:30 PM
update...

So yeah i did end up buying it a while back, i got it 2k below KBB. Plate check turn out fine.

its a sweet ride.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dofu made a good point about not wanting someone to mistaken you because of the car. i knew someone that bought a car from some dude and ended up getting shot because someone thought he was the previous owner of the car.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Aka-Willi
Big deal, so he has a gun in the glovebox...if you like the car buy it!
exactly. i keep a pistol in my car, but i live in GA. alos i have a CCW (they are easier to get than a drivers license here.. haha) it doesnt really fit under the seat. but i frequent the ATM alot and refuse to be victimized. its none of your business why he had it unless he was planning to rob you once he saw the money. but if he wanted to rob you i think he would have had it on him. think of the pistol as a removable accessory that may or may not come with the car.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol dude, you revived a 9month old thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 PM
1 i would have not touched, if i did i would wipe my prints. cus now if that gun is used and they have a glove on guess who is prime suspect if they find the gun? :X

Old 03-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by frog
1 i would have not touched, if i did i would wipe my prints. cus now if that gun is used and they have a glove on guess who is prime suspect if they find the gun? :X
thats a no brainer. you never touch someones elses gun unless you really need to. but that situation, there is no need.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: would u buy a car if you found a gun in the glovebox?