Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Economy Screwed Me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Economy Screwed Me

Well according to Tempur Pedic they are going to a different type of delivery service. Now because of it and the lack of new orders due to the crappy economy they have shut our warehouse down. Now I'm out of a job. This really sucks because there is not a lot of jobs available. Well If anyone in the sacramento area knows of anything available, please let me know.
Battlebuddyp

Old 04-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, I am sorry to hear about your job, Trent.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
just a sedan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, wish you all the best

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Alumni****
Sorry to hear about your warehouse shutting down? I still keep an ear out for any opportunites at my work, but have not heard any inkling of an opening for quite some time now.

Side note: Where was your warehouse located? And what was the name of the company?

Old 04-20-2008, 01:01 AM
It was in south sac. named American Distribution. but yea thanks anything would help right now on Mon its back to the temp agencies but now adays the job market isn't to good but we shall see thanks david

Originally Posted by OOOOA3
Sorry to hear about your warehouse shutting down? I still keep an ear out for any opportunites at my work, but have not heard any inkling of an opening for quite some time now.

Side note: Where was your warehouse located? And what was the name of the company?

Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
I'm really sorry to hear about that battlebuddyP. Hope everything works out for you. Just hang in there and things will turn around for the better.

- Nathan

Old 04-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks to all I hope everything falls back into place.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by battlebuddyP
It was in south sac. named American Distribution. but yea thanks anything would help right now on Mon its back to the temp agencies but now adays the job market isn't to good but we shall see thanks david
Trent,
I definitely know the job market is the $hits right now. A couple of my friends trying to change jobs are not having any luck looking online or sending out resumes. Right now, the good jobs are all taken by networking.

On a side note, I am actually assisting in leasing that space that was used by your previous employer.

Good luck man.

Last edited by OOOOA3; 04-21-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Really?

David,
Oh man really, lol. That's not cool. Well for you i'm sure means some $$$ for that GTR your getting. But as always thanks for looking out. But thats what I am attempting to do network a little through G35driver maybe someone out there can help, I would if I could. Thanks.

Trent

Originally Posted by OOOOA3
Trent,
I definitely know the job market is the $hits right now. A couple of my friends trying to change jobs are not having any luck looking online or sending out resumes. Right now, the good jobs are all taken by networking.

On a side note, I actually assisting in leasing that space that was used by your previous employer.

Good luck man.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Trent. You may also want to look in Woodland in your job search, as they are home to a lot of major warehouse/distributors in the area. Not sure about your background, but if you have had experience in finance, pm me and I might be able to refer you. I will be sure to keep an eye out for any opportunities in the area though.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your job man. I too feel your pain. I'm an escrow officer and the housing market is just $h!tty right now and it's getting worse. I'm also looking into getting out of this business but you're right about there not being anything out there. But luckily for me I got an email from the City of Antioch a few days ago inviting me to an interview next week. I hope I land this position. I applied for this position a while ago and just gave up on it becuase I never heard back until this past week. My advice is to send your resumes out to as many employers as possible and keep your hopes up. Something will turn up sooner or later. G/L.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm in the same boat man... Good luck to you.. I still have a job, but our office might close by May.. As of now, we still don't have new projects coming in even though the owner's been going to meetings.

I've been looking around jobs, and there's not enough out there. I applied for a video job and haven't heard from them. I'm still taking it easy but when this company closes I will aggressively hunt for jobs and hope land a new job right away.

Good luck to the both of us, and everyone who got affected.

niM

Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by patman530
Sorry to hear about this Trent. You may also want to look in Woodland in your job search, as they are home to a lot of major warehouse/distributors in the area. Not sure about your background, but if you have had experience in finance, pm me and I might be able to refer you. I will be sure to keep an eye out for any opportunities in the area though.
I have surveyed the Woodland market recently and that is the last place Trent would be able to find a job. There are tons of warehouse/distributors, but a lot of them are looking at downsizing, subleasing, or even selling the building, if they own them.

I know people who have walked into every office building around downtown and have come up with nothing. These are people with good attitudes and good experience, so it's pretty bad right now. Nobody wants to take the time to hire new help, particularly if they are downsizing already, and even if they're doing okay, the downtime it takes to train someone new is not what companies are looking for.

There are ALWAYS sales jobs available, but then again, sales isn't for everybody.

Keep your head up Trent