Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Window tint + Stillen intake ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i "somehow" got a JWT carb sticker for my arc intake

Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by 1trueG
Isnt the carb number CARB Approved - E.O. #D-436-12?
LOL, that's what I thought, too. I guess not.

Good news, I just called stillen, they said they will mail the sticker to me after i show them the proof of purchase. Awww...

As for the window tint ticket. Awww...

Old 07-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Incorrect information CB....!

Originally Posted by Ciabatta Burger
Yea stillen doesn't give out carb stickers for their intakes. Its funny ken cause I got popped for the same shyt too but not tint. Goto the state ref in alameda. They passed me with my hks on there but I took off my arc intake and put back the stock one cause I didn't have a carb number.
I called Stillen over a year ago with concerns about not having a carb number
for my intake. Guess what, they sent me one....all you gotta do is call with
the information about when you purchased it and from whom. I'll PM you the
number!
Gary

Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
i take back what i said....

Old 07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by kenempireex
GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY!!!!!! What a great day!!!! Just a pull over for front window tint and STILLEN intake ON MY WAY TO WORK. He was asking for a carb sticker proof for my intake, but i didn't get any of that when i got my intake. Now, i need to go get a State Referee Cretification for Emission Violation. I also have HKS exhaust, but he didn't seem to ask too much on that.

Help?
BTW, whoever did your tint should have known better and warned you that it is illegal to have tint on your front sides if they are too dark.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Very cool. Sounds like stillen gots some good customer service.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I did the same thing as above when I had my Vortech and before they came with stickers, just went to the website and printed out the CARB approval number and kept it in my glove box. Only had to use it once and they let me go.

There was a cop just standing next to his bike on an off ramp, he was just looking at cars going by him and pulling over those that had something obviously wrong or missing....I just gave him the nod as I drove by

Old 07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by SalvadorRuizJr
BTW, whoever did your tint should have known better and warned you that it is illegal to have tint on your front sides if they are too dark.
I think 99% of us know that when we did our tint.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
R

Is there a way to get the Stillen intake sticker??? Is there a fine to all of these afterward? No, he complain about the exhaust but didn't write down on that. Yes, he DID want me to pop the HOOD!!! Come on, man. We are all going to work and he knows that! My car looks hella stock anyway!!! HE even TOOK PICTURE!!!!! OMG.

Time: 6:45am
Traffic: Somewhat
Reason: I passed him at 67mph and with flashy exhaust
Right now: I am still hella PISSED OFF!!!!!
I hate Fremont. Sounds like Rossetti (?). That cop is funny. He took pics of my engine bay because he said, "This way you can't lie to the judge."

Anyway, you're lucky it was just tint and intake. I had so much to demod to get it all squared away with the State Referee.

Good luck.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I think 99% of us know that when we did our tint.
I could account for the 1% hahaha . I always assumed that as long as you can see the driver it was ok. Apparently it doesn't work that way.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
by the book any tint on the windshield/front windows is illegal in ca. I got a ticket by chp mine is dark 25%. I had a fix it and pay 10 bucks or b. pay the total fine of like 230 or something. I just paid the fine.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ken, PM sent. Hope it helps.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Wow that sux man.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I just realized that I do have a CARB sticker on my Stillen intake. It just the officer and I didn't know it is the one. He even took a picture of my intake, so that will be the proof that the sticker was there before he gave out the ticket.

Now the problem is, I need to locate this officer so he can correct his mistake. I can always go directly to the Referee, but then i will be admitting guilty for NO CARB sticker and pay an expensive fine. I went to fremont CHP this afternoon and talk to another CHP. He was surprised that i got a ticket like that and don't know why the officer didn't see the CARB sticker. He said he will leave a message to this officer for me. I hope he will play it cool and fix his mistake.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here it is: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
Just plug in your EO#'s.

If the CARB EO# was on the intake at the time, you shouldn't have received a citation for it. Don't forget, you also need to have the paperwork with you in the car. It may still be worth the trip to the referee and have him make the final say so. If referee says everything is legit, the court may dismiss it. When we write a citation for that section, we only need ONE emissions modification. It could be something as simple as an open element PCV valve. One violation will send you the referee. Good luck getting the officer to amend the citation to tint only. Probably won't happen. You may have to go to the judge with it. Another bit of info, in order to cite that section and put the no sign off referee sticker, the officer has to have attended a POST certified 8 hour course on modified emissions devices. Remember we only need one modification to send to the referee. Pop off valves, adjustable waste gates, adjustable fuel regulators, etc. are all violations. I recently got a kid running about 700 hp out of a 97 Supra. He said it was all CARB legal. Uh, negative ghost rider. Carefull with the engine mods. Make sure whatever you put on has a CARB EO# SECURELY ATTACHED. Don't just assume it's legit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window tint + Stillen intake ticket