Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Window tint + Stillen intake ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:56 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
ahh dont pick on the pretty supras!!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Ciabatta Burger
i think since he got u for the intake your going to have to smog the car. but goto alameda state ref... cause stupid guy at fremont didnt pass me cause of oem configeration since i have hks true dual. so 38.25 for a smog and certificate. then i just got a letter in the mail for the violation saying i have to pay 134.50 with my proof of correction. but since he got u for tint and intake i dunno man....
I think they still have to do a full visual inspection anyways...

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chippie, Why don't you think the officer will admit his mistake? Even the other CHP guys did not know why he didn't recognize the E.0. sticker on my intake. He asked me to pop the hood at 6:00am in a Wednesday morning and had no idea what to look for. That's his fault. He took a picture of my engine bay, so there is hard evidence that my CARB sticker was there before he gave out the citation. All he needs is to rewrite/correct the ticket, then he will save me soooo much time and trouble. The problem is to locate this guy, I will go to CHP office this afternoon again.

Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Here it is: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
Just plug in your EO#'s.

If the CARB EO# was on the intake at the time, you shouldn't have received a citation for it. Don't forget, you also need to have the paperwork with you in the car. It may still be worth the trip to the referee and have him make the final say so. If referee says everything is legit, the court may dismiss it. When we write a citation for that section, we only need ONE emissions modification. It could be something as simple as an open element PCV valve. One violation will send you the referee. Good luck getting the officer to amend the citation to tint only. Probably won't happen. You may have to go to the judge with it. Another bit of info, in order to cite that section and put the no sign off referee sticker, the officer has to have attended a POST certified 8 hour course on modified emissions devices. Remember we only need one modification to send to the referee. Pop off valves, adjustable waste gates, adjustable fuel regulators, etc. are all violations. I recently got a kid running about 700 hp out of a 97 Supra. He said it was all CARB legal. Uh, negative ghost rider. Carefull with the engine mods. Make sure whatever you put on has a CARB EO# SECURELY ATTACHED. Don't just assume it's legit.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by kenempireex
GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY!!!!!! What a great day!!!! Just a pull over for front window tint and STILLEN intake ON MY WAY TO WORK. He was asking for a carb sticker proof for my intake, but i didn't get any of that when i got my intake. Now, i need to go get a State Referee Cretification for Emission Violation. I also have HKS exhaust, but he didn't seem to ask too much on that.

Help?
California is great but not for Car Enthusiasts. I use to live there in the Bay Area and don't miss all this type of harrassment from cops.

Unlike cops here in Texas in my own experience, I've had quite a few come up to me and just talk about the car and their cars.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Officer error....I wouldn't live anywhere else!

I'd take the tint off your door windows when you go to the CHP office. That
way both issues can be signed off. Tint only takes 5 minutes per window to
remove, razor blade, spray bottle and towels and the job is completed. What
% tint do you have on your windows? That could be why you were stopped
in the first place, keep it 35% or lighter next time.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I have 35% and i have them for 2 yrs for now, no problem AT ALL. That CHP just had a bad day. I drive by cops all the time without having hassie, cops always come up and say it's a nice looking car. Whenever I see them, I alway drive slow and show the respect.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't assume he just 'had a bad day.' What YOU did to YOUR car is illegal, the tint that is. Don't make the cop out to be the bad guy. If he was a ***** about it, well than that officer's personality. Not every cop is like that. Observe and document is what we do. We don't make the laws, we enforce them. Remember checks and balances from goverment class? Three branches of government? I've said it numerous times, if you don't like a law, write your congressman and get a petition going regarding whatever law you want changed. I wrote a ticket the other day for a guy having one of those smoked license plate covers on. He was pissed and called it a bullsh*t ticket. Well, when that guy runs a red light driving drunk and kills one of your love ones, then flees the scene, the red light camera won't be able to recognize the plate because of the cover over it. Or the countless times he's sped through the Fastrak lane and not been caught.

As far as the officer amending the citation, may or may not happen. In my opinion, I seriously doubt it. Plead not guilty to the modified emissions violation and take it to court. Show the judge that the EO# is clearly attached to the intake. Ask the officer if he saw the EO#. Ask him what an EO# is. If he doesn't testify to have taken a POST certified class for emissions, ask him if he has. It's a hefty fine. If your wrong, then there is no change from pleading guilty. Do your homework and read all of 27156 VC.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
I wouldn't assume he just 'had a bad day.' What YOU did to YOUR car is illegal, the tint that is. Don't make the cop out to be the bad guy. If he was a ***** about it, well than that officer's personality. Not every cop is like that. Observe and document is what we do. We don't make the laws, we enforce them. Remember checks and balances from goverment class? Three branches of government? I've said it numerous times, if you don't like a law, write your congressman and get a petition going regarding whatever law you want changed. I wrote a ticket the other day for a guy having one of those smoked license plate covers on. He was pissed and called it a bullsh*t ticket. Well, when that guy runs a red light driving drunk and kills one of your love ones, then flees the scene, the red light camera won't be able to recognize the plate because of the cover over it. Or the countless times he's sped through the Fastrak lane and not been caught.

As far as the officer amending the citation, may or may not happen. In my opinion, I seriously doubt it. Plead not guilty to the modified emissions violation and take it to court. Show the judge that the EO# is clearly attached to the intake. Ask the officer if he saw the EO#. Ask him what an EO# is. If he doesn't testify to have taken a POST certified class for emissions, ask him if he has. It's a hefty fine. If your wrong, then there is no change from pleading guilty. Do your homework and read all of 27156 VC.
Chippie, I know i am breaking the law for the tint window. I admit guilty for that and will take them off. But what about the emission citation? It's legal from the day I installed to my car. I got a citation for that, because the officer did not recongize the sticker, or else he wouldn't take a picture of my intake with the sticker on it.

One way or another, seems like i have to take this to the court if I want to fight it. Spend hours of time, gas money, maybe some fee just to prove the officer didn't recongize the EO sticker. Seems like i am the one who had a bad day.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
cop is just doing his job... so he may have made a mistake or was unfamilar w/ your setup, cut him some slack. Do you court thing pay the ticket or whatever but no need to make this bigger then it really is.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by matthimself
cop is just doing his job... so he may have made a mistake or was unfamilar w/ your setup, cut him some slack. Do you court thing pay the ticket or whatever but no need to make this bigger then it really is.
Can I at least talk about it with fellow G drivers?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Xet
cop was in the wrong. he wrote an incorrect ticket, he obviously didnt listen to the op because the sticker was there. why should the op have to go so far out of the way or even pay a fine because a cop doesnt know what the hell he is doing?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by kenempireex
GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY!!!!!! What a great day!!!! Just a pull over for front window tint and STILLEN intake ON MY WAY TO WORK. He was asking for a carb sticker proof for my intake, but i didn't get any of that when i got my intake. Now, i need to go get a State Referee Cretification for Emission Violation. I also have HKS exhaust, but he didn't seem to ask too much on that.

Help?
maybe he should blame stillen and not the cop

Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Xet

maybe he should blame stillen and not the cop
What the heck??? Do you even know the story, man? My sticker was there and the Cop failed to recongize it. Stop saying so much, if you don't know what's going on.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm not trying to start ****...I have respect for a modded car.. I just don't like when people get upset over cops doing there job.. my bad if I misread the post and thought u didn't have a sticker. if ur stuff is legal should be simple fix?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Xet
I'm not trying to start ****...I have respect for a modded car.. I just don't like when people get upset over cops doing there job.. my bad if I misread the post and thought u didn't have a sticker. if ur stuff is legal should be simple fix?
it should be but he wanted to get the cop who issued it to write it off or w/e because it was his mistake. but basically it seems the consensus is that the cop wont do it and the op is screwed and has to go way out of his way to a station to get it checked off when he shouldnt have to for that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window tint + Stillen intake ticket