Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

what a sh^^^y saturday morning. State Ref Ticket. ARGH! HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
sorry to hear about the bad experience. it sucks that we are paying for such worthless things such as cops going around and just ticketing for this kind of bs

Old 07-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, Nim, sounds like this officer had a real hard on for you, or at least the car. Sorry to hear about this. Best of luck getting everything worked out. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was it airport police or san bruno police...
if it was san bruno pd i know they are insanely strict due to alot of street racing thats been happening around elco and san bruno ave. its cuz around may some kid flipped a civic.... dont ask me how but they did and since then they have been all over the place.

you dont need carb #s just go to the ARB(air resource board) website google it. and they have all the needed carb info...

since its more than one modified thing on the vehicle they might smog you because the carb is only for that one part so they need to make sure you are still producing less emissions so you will have to pay for a smog cert. when all this is done you get a nice little compliance cert though =D

Old 07-13-2008, 03:26 AM
nim

i got popped for same shyt.... intake , exhaust, my sun auto hyper force system, and rear license lights. what i did and this is what u should do and mine was put for loud exhaust and intake and it was non correctable.

put on your stock intake, leave the hks on

goto the alameda state ref and he will pass u cause i passed with flying colors but your going to have to pay 38.25 for a smog test. but what i thought was just a fix it ticket i was totally wrong. i got a courtesy notice form the superior court of santa clara saying that i have to pay 134.50 with proof of correction and if u dont pay and bail forfeiture is 608.50. so it sucks.... but at least now if a cop pulls me over i can wave this complience sticker in his friggin face! HA

hope this helps nim

Old 07-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
sorry to hear that nim. this has been pissing me off too but i'm just so used to it now. most of the ones i've gotten have been easy correctables. i've had the measuring tape pulled on me three times -_-

Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Man, that sucks. I would never drive my g or 240 to the airport. Airport cops are real strict. Good luck with the ticket.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks, Nim. Hopefully, you will get everything resolved without too much difficulty.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^Dito
Good luck Nim

Old 07-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Hey guys,
thank you so much with all these informations. Its helping a lot..

Ciabatta Burger:
Thanks for the tip regarding alameda man. I'm actually thinking of going to the contra costa college state ref which is about 3 miles away from Rachel's house. I've been there before when I got the CARB sticker for my supercharged corolla, the tech was pretty cool.

Questions though if you don't mind.
Did you receive the state-ref sticker in the back of your ticket? This basically means that the car must not be driven immediately and therefore the cop has the right to impound the car. The reason why I'm asking is, I got the sticker, BUT I will NOT tow the car to the state ref (I can't even jack the car-up for an oil-change). Did you tow the car to the state ref or you took your chances? And if you did, did the state ref frowned-upon it?

And also, did you know that you have to pay $134.50 before you went to the state ref? Was the original amount of the ticket different? And was this the total amount for all your citations or was it just for the exhaust?

Sorry for all the questions.. =) Thanks Ryan.

Thanks again guys.

niM

Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drive the car to the state ref. The officer cannot tow the car. The officer can only cite you for 24004 VC if and only if you were advised of 24004 at the time of the issuing of the citation. You are allowed to drive it to a repair shop, home, etc. If you are out with your girlfried going to dinner and a movie, then he can cite you for 24004 and 27156(b) again. Whenever I issued a citation for 27156(b), I will write on the body of the ticket "Advised 24004 VC."

24004. No person shall operate any vehicle or combination of
vehicles after notice by a peace officer, as defined in Section 830.1
or subdivision (a) of Section 830.2 of the Penal Code, that the
vehicle is in an unsafe condition or is not equipped as required by
this code, except as may be necessary to return the vehicle or
combination of vehicles to the residence or place of business of the
owner or driver or to a garage, until the vehicle and its equipment
have been made to conform with the requirements of this code.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to an employee who
does not know that such notice has been issued, and in such event the
provisions of Section 40001 shall be applicable.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 AM
g35 chippie:
Oh wow.. Thank you so much for this info. Your response made me research the vehicle codes for my citations. hehe..

Quick question if you don't mind.
The police officer told me that I CANNOT touch anything with my current set-up until the state-ref tells me do so. So Ryan's suggestion is to install the stock intake manifold back, can I do that?

Thank you so much.

niM

Old 07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nimdivino
g35 chippie:
Oh wow.. Thank you so much for this info. Your response made me research the vehicle codes for my citations. hehe..

Quick question if you don't mind.
The police officer told me that I CANNOT touch anything with my current set-up until the state-ref tells me do so. So Ryan's suggestion is to install the stock intake manifold back, can I do that?

Thank you so much.

niM
did he take pictures and write down specifically what you had on the car at the time of citatio? if not just do the switcheroo for compliance and you should be fine. i could be wrong but the state ref isn't going to ask you to state or write down what you had installed in your car at the time of the citation either.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 PM
measuring tape for bieng too low? isnt the code for that any part of the car cannot be lower than the lowest part of the rim? you dont need measuring tape for that garbage =T too lazy to look up the code but incase you need it for any of the codes they cited you for

http://california.lp.findlaw.com/ca0...ml#castatecode

Old 07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Nim I just drove the car until I had to got the state ref. Thing is I don't think your front bumper is going to clear the smog machine. Since the ramp is somewhat high and when they back it in the front bumper might scrape the ground unless they have an inground dyno. I didn't know I had to pay till they sent me a notice cause what I was going to do is goto the court and show them that my car is good to go but when I got home I saw this notice and it was for all the violations. Hope this helps

Old 07-14-2008, 05:24 PM
FenixL1P:
No, the officer did not take pictures however in the comment section of my ticket it says "Intake does not have CARB label". I was thinking of uninstalling the intake anyway (its not like its helping or anything) and then I'll bring the intake with me and throw it in the trash infront of the referee. =). I can also just call JWT and they can send me a sticker.

Ryan:
The smog-station in Contra Costa College is inground so I'm set there.
Thank you for your contributions man, its helping a lot to answer lots of questions.

Thanks to the rest of the guys too. All these infos makes this ticket like a piece of cake..

niM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what a sh^^^y saturday morning. State Ref Ticket. ARGH! HELP!