Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Is anyone familiar with this road?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I work in Mountain View and live in Pleasanton. On some Friday's when the traffic on 680 is already stopped / slow at Calaveras Rd (237) I'll take Calaveras all the way up over the hill and hop back onto 680 at Hwy 84 (Livermore exit).

It's a fun road, don't go too fast because there are motorcycles and lots of blind turns. It's pretty narrow too, and you have to literally move all the way over to let a car by. The other thing that sucked when I was on that road a month ago, there were pebbles and rocks EVERYWHERE. For about 20 minutes all I saw were rocks flying by my window when the wheel was turned. I'm not sure if a truck carrying rocks was "leaking" the whole way over or what, but it sucked *****. It's a fun road though, just go only during the day and take it fairly easy. Pretty cool "lake" back there in the hills too...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool..i might actually have time to go up there tomorrow, but it depends on my mood and how much gas i have left lol. ill be sure to keep it safe for u guys

Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GRide
I work in Mountain View and live in Pleasanton. On some Friday's when the traffic on 680 is already stopped / slow at Calaveras Rd (237) I'll take Calaveras all the way up over the hill and hop back onto 680 at Hwy 84 (Livermore exit).

It's a fun road, don't go too fast because there are motorcycles and lots of blind turns. It's pretty narrow too, and you have to literally move all the way over to let a car by. The other thing that sucked when I was on that road a month ago, there were pebbles and rocks EVERYWHERE. For about 20 minutes all I saw were rocks flying by my window when the wheel was turned. I'm not sure if a truck carrying rocks was "leaking" the whole way over or what, but it sucked *****. It's a fun road though, just go only during the day and take it fairly easy. Pretty cool "lake" back there in the hills too...
Have you ever been up on 9? I think 9 has more narrow lanes...

Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yeah... my brother has a friend who live up there. i hate taking him there cause i have to pass Marsh Rd. even in daylight

OH! and that sign that says "dead bodies found"
yep, i seen it. we went up there on aprils fools day after a friend's bday back in 04, (stupid teens ) and yeah, saw that sign. lol