Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

anyone interested in track event?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres one at infineon in mid feb hosted by nasa. i have a big chance going that weekend, but either infineon or thunderhill. you dont need a competition license unless you are participating in the competing events. helmet is pretty much all it requires.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 PM
unless your RE050 is fairly new, otherwise you might need them replace once or twice on thye track.

Originally Posted by cmcpokey
green flag driving is hosting. other than a helmet i don't think there are any other requirements. 325 for the day, which is a lot, but not compared to the other track days i have looked at. this is my first track day anywhere, let alone at laguna, so i am not really sure how its all going down.

i live in monterey, so its only a 20 min drive or so for me. i have a stock 06 6MT. nothing fancy. and this should be the death knell for my RE050s.

hopefully one of you guys can come out. i'd like to meet a fellow G driver in the area. just moved here from florida.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by mpp_us2003
unless your RE050 is fairly new, otherwise you might need them replace once or twice on thye track.
my RE050s are OE. the rears are toast as is. they were not great when i bought the car a few months ago, and i haven't done much to help with my driving habits and doing an autox.

one of these days i'll save up enough to get a set of race wheels and tires, just for autox and track days.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cmcpokey
green flag driving is hosting. other than a helmet i don't think there are any other requirements. 325 for the day, which is a lot, but not compared to the other track days i have looked at. this is my first track day anywhere, let alone at laguna, so i am not really sure how its all going down.

i live in monterey, so its only a 20 min drive or so for me. i have a stock 06 6MT. nothing fancy. and this should be the death knell for my RE050s.

hopefully one of you guys can come out. i'd like to meet a fellow G driver in the area. just moved here from florida.
I'm gonna double check my work schedule tomorrow and possibly put up a thread to see if anyone else wants to drive out from the city with me. $325 is pretty pricey, but running at Laguna Seca I feel might be worth the pretty penny. I'm scared now that you guys are talking about tires my OEs might not hold out if I'm gonna be wearing the **** out of them on an autox. Then again it would be my first trackday too so iono if my track driving is gonna be up to par to really worry about the tires. What do you guys think?