Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Yo Norcal! New G35 Owner.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Congrats on the purchase. For the tint, since you'd like to be able to see in the dark, I'd suggest nothing more than 35%. 20/18% is pretty much limo tint - very dark and hard to see through at night. For those that don't know, the number is for how much visibility is left after the tint is installed on your windows.

As for the clear bra, it shouldn't mess up your paint at all. On top of that, your car is black, so the paint doesn't need to be color matched because it's almost impossible to see a little discoloration. But because your car is black, the lines of the clear bra will stand out if you are standing within 20 feet of the car. But it's still pretty worth the protection.
Wow, I wanted to go at least 30% or even 20% but I guess I can't if I want to be able to see. I will have to see what I can manage with, I do want 30% at least.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by RoodyPooUS
Wow, I wanted to go at least 30% or even 20% but I guess I can't if I want to be able to see. I will have to see what I can manage with, I do want 30% at least.
Let me rephrase myself... get 35% highest if you'd like to be able to see at night... I have 35 and it's great. Dark enough to make it hard to see inside, but enough vision to see out clearly enough at night. 50% IMO is not worth spending money on since it almost looks like there's no tint, but 20 is waaay too dark.

If you're looking for protection against heat and UV rays, it doesn't matter what percent tint you get, the majority of the tints out there will block out most of those.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Let me rephrase myself... get 35% highest if you'd like to be able to see at night... I have 35 and it's great. Dark enough to make it hard to see inside, but enough vision to see out clearly enough at night. 50% IMO is not worth spending money on since it almost looks like there's no tint, but 20 is waaay too dark.

If you're looking for protection against heat and UV rays, it doesn't matter what percent tint you get, the majority of the tints out there will block out most of those.
Yea, I might just go 30%, the interior is black so 30% should be dark enough.