Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

HIN - San Mateo - April 4th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
"But officer, it's a sedan, of course there is nothing illegal on my family car"

You - "I'm with the sedan"

Originally Posted by bigc
Better Translation: Don't be stupid and the cops won't have any grounds to hassle you. We all know taking off the front plate, tinting our front windows, etc. is illegal, but we do it anyway. Either 1) don't do it, 2) accept the risk that you may get caught, or 3) avoid drawing attention to yourself.

I'm a 6-4 black dude, drove out of the show wearing a hoodie, with a body kit, rims, aftermarket exhaust, tint, stickers on my car, listening to NWA (at a reasonable volume) while following Marcus (another black dude in a modded & tinted G sedan with obvious aftermarket exhaust). We passed at least 2 sets of cops and had no problems on our cruise back up to SF.

As Zack mentioned, when you drive fast / rev at people you're going to draw attention to yourself. While I agree that the show was poorly organized, its not HIN's fault that some people got busted doing something illegal.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by G35papa
"But officer, it's a sedan, of course there is nothing illegal on my family car"

You - "I'm with the sedan"
LOL, that's what I kept telling everyone. Why would they want to pull over a sedan??

I even left the Recaro car seat in the back seat with the window rolled down to show off the fact that its a "family car".

Old 04-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheaters!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Premier Member

aww that's a cute mod

Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
LOL, that's what I kept telling everyone. Why would they want to pull over a sedan??

I even left the Recaro car seat in the back seat with the window rolled down to show off the fact that its a "family car".

Keep telling them Marcus!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
ill Sedan

^Haha, yeah and my family rarely rides in my car. We usually take the wife's car bacause she hates it when I angle across an entire driveway or the fact that we can't park next to another car and have to walk further to where we are going.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:07 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think imma do tht too

Old 04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
once you guys do get pulled over leaving a show after showing your car at an event (HIN San Jose) from a couple of cops in an unmarked car, you'll than come back to the boards telling a completely different story.

this is probably another one of those times where, "if it didn't happen to me, it probably doesn't happen"

i understand that if you have not had this happened to you, you'll think that only people who rev and race out of a parking lot get pulled over.

the unmarked car pulled me over. he asked me why i thought he pulled me over. i said i didn't know. he said i was going a little bit too fast and proceeds to ask me to pop my hood. tickets me for illegal turbo and no front plate, but never bothers to ticket me for speeding. so exactly why do you think he pulled me over????

oh wells, i've learned better. you guys who go to these shows will learn too.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Of course there's always a risk, and I'm not saying it doesn't happen or won't happen. I'm saying that I saw a lot of people out there after the show that were attracting a lot of extra attention to themselves. We all have illegal mods, and we all drive around like that... if I get pulled over and they ticket me for all the non-carb parts I have, my tint, my exhaust and no front plate, well I have nobody to blame but myself. The cops might be "profiling" me as a racer or whatever, but bottom line is that I have illegal mods and I know it.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
so the conversation didn't go like this?

Cop: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

DrSifu: "Possibly because my illegal turbo, officer?"

Cop: "Bingo..."

how bad is that ticket gonna be???

Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
So getting to the show I was pulled over for not having my front license plate on, I think I made it about 200 feet of the freeway ramp before I saw the flashing lights........however I have to give it to the cop........he made it quick, easy and funny.........so the conversation went somehting like this......

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: No sir?
Cop: Front Plate.........
Me: oh good.......I thought it was because of all the illegal drungs in the trunk......... just kidding officer just kidding!
Cop: Linsece and registration........
Me: (inner thought) damm this is gonna suck........
Cop: Well sir heres your license and registration.......its a simple fix it ticket, once you put on your front plate on get any officer to sign off on it and your good............
Me: Any officer, doesnt matter what county or city......
Cop: Any.........either look for them at the donut shop or at a drug raid............have a good night and enjoy the show sir.......

About the show, sadly the show wasn't all that........however I like how G35's showed up in full force and represented!

Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
haha some funny stories there. LOL at papa and Marcus. I have a babysit in my coupe as well and that didnt help me at the last HIN. Got pulled over for clear side corner, tint, and front plate. Not much you can do really. So far it seems that the cop target the attendees rather than those that show their cars. Just bring your DD or stock car next time if you are going to HIN. Not worth the trouble and the tension bringing your modded car.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
ill Sedan

^Geez they got you for clear corners, I thought they were legal as long as you had amber bulbs?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Well my bulb for the clear corner was LED, so it looked white instead of amber. This was in the previous HIN (pleasanton) and they had Fremont PD pulling people left and right using clear corner light as bait. The cops even pulled another stock G35 coupe and start comparing my car and his. I can tell the G35 guy was pretty pissed They also told me that my rear corner light was illegal because I had KS rear . They finally figured out that the amber light was embedded in the taillight and dropped the charge. Anyway pretty surreal experience

Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, so here is a little movie i made...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmB36sljgYc&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D22"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmB36sljgYc&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HIN - San Mateo - April 4th