Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Oct. 1-3: Open Track Event (ButtonWillow Raceway)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 02:49 AM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oct. 1-3: Open Track Event (ButtonWillow Raceway)

We're rounding up people for yet another open track event for the 1st weekend of October. If you haven't experienced the thrill of road racing ... this is a great opportunity.

Check this thread for details.

Clint (THX723)

Old 08-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Re: Oct. 1-3: Open Track Event (ButtonWillow Raceway)

I'm signed up as interested to go. Anyone else from up here in NoCal interested? If you haven't been road racing before, your missing out. Extremely fun and teaches you to be a better driver.

04' G35S 6MT Ivory Pearl, Willow, Premium
Z-Tube / NFC Y-Pipe / Custom Mid-Pipe / 350 EVO Rear Sway/ '03 350Z Shocks and Springs

Old 08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
G Kreuzer

We've already got a small decent group going in the list. Would be lots of fun to meet more Nor Cal ppl. I'll be heading up North later in the year and early next year for some great tracks there (i.e. Laguna Seca, Sears Point and Thunder Hill).

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Clint (THX723)

Old 08-17-2004, 01:42 AM

I'm probably going down with a few friends but I won't be driving the G on the track. After going to the last track day with him there is no way I'd take my road car there, the track uses the car to its 100% max and even after 10 minutes the cars are seriously hurting. If anything is remotely weak in the car it will definetly break. Usually it is cooling that is the problem.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:11 AM

Neil,

Don't be so scared. You don't have to push your car to the absolute limits on the track. There is no racing going on. Just drive within your comfort zone. But to track your car one should take the proper preparations. The last time I went I changed out my coolant for a 70/30 water to coolant mixture with water wetter. That definitely helped with the cooling of the car. Also changed my tranny fluid to red line to combat the temps and wear and tear. Did a fresh oil change a few days before the event. Changed my brake fluid to the Valvoline synthetic to prevent any boiled brake fluid. Changed my street pads to race pads to prevent brake fade. All of those things are pretty easy to do and go a long way to making sure your car does fine on the track. And this was with my former car, an '02 Eclipse GT. So I'm sure my better engineered G35 should do just fine. Just take it easy and you shouldn't even be pushing your car to the 100% limit anyways as a novice. Just food for thought. It would be cool if you did drive with us.

Z-Tube / NFC Y-Pipe / Custom Mid-Pipe / 350 EVO Rear Sway/ '03 350Z Shocks and Springs

Old 08-18-2004, 01:38 AM
G Kreuzer

Very well stated dklau33.

It is not common one's concern with the reliability and safetly. While no one could ultimately guarantee both just as no one could do the same when you decide to drive on the street either. Under an near ideal and controlled environment, the track is arguably safer to drive spiritly, provided you apply some common knowledge and remember you're there to learn as much as having fun. If in doubt, show up and spectate the first time and decided if it's something you may want to do in the future.

Cheers,

Clint (THX723)

Old 08-31-2004, 11:57 AM

I signed up for this event and should be a blast. C'mon NoCal guys, bring out your cars and use em to their potential.