Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Auto Body

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Gon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Body

Hello,

Anyone have a good experience with a body shop in the Bay Area. I prefer Dublin/Pleasanton but I'll go elsewhere if the service is great.

Also anyone tried the paintless dent removers services? I guess they glue or suction the ding for a fraction of the cost.

Thanks for the Help,
Gon

Old 08-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Re: Auto Body

hey, i had a guy named alex who did a great job on all of my paintless dent/ding repairs on my wrx. his website is http://www.dentmender.com/ . I've also had a recent paint issue on my g35 and have gone to Superior Auto Body. Though I wouldn't recommend them 100% they are in San Carlos and were recommended to me by Peninsula Infiniti. I have to say they did a great job in color matching the paint and getting this slight ding out that I had on my car. Only thing that pissed me off was that when I went to pick up my car there was a scratch on the side they had just repainted that wasn't there when i dropped it off. They repaired it immediately and 2 business days later I was able to pick up my car. It's been less than a week and I just noticed that one of the mouldings weren't put back on (the little clear sticker on the rear infront of the wheel, dunno what it is but it was stock on my car when i bought it). when i bring my car back for their free detailing I'll mention it. i don't anticipate any problems with them replacing this missing piece, but definitely feel that it should have been taken cared of in the beginning.

Old 08-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Gon

Does the paintless dent remover work well? I have a very annoying dent on my rear quarter panel. It was quoted at $400 w/o paint.

Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM

depends on the size of the dent/ding. $400 leads me to believe this is a pretty nice sized dent. all the work alex had ever done for me left me 100% satisfied, but none of mine were ever that big. the last time i went to see him he was making house calls. if anything he can quote you and tell you if he can get the entire dent out and how much he'd charge. otherwise you'll probably be stuck having it repaired by a body shop that'll charge you a lot more. good luck.