Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Sac Meet: Dave&Busters June 5th, 2010 @ 4:30PM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by freshnikez
Security were being jerks. The original parking lot in which we parked at was apparently reserved for employees and patrons of the Fountains. They told us there was a "sign" that I did not see. They told us to move or they would call the po pos lol. Idoits. The whimpy security kid took out his camera phone and started taking photos of our cars to identify us later if we didn't move haha.

Anyways we moved, it was hot. A lot of people left. FAIL meet.

I'm not hosting anymore meets lol. Dave and Busters was fun though. Thanks for being our server Juan :P
If you were at D&B's .. you were patrons of the Fountains, were you not?
LOL ... unless there is a sign that limits the time to park there .. which could cause issues with many of the shoppers there ..

My wife/daughter can spend hours there and NOT buy anything (thank goodness) ...

Old 06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Depending on how cranky you are with security, I'd write a nice little note to both the security company and D & B's. The worst they could do would be to ignore it.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I was thinking of doing that, but whatever. We're not meeting there anymore LOL

Don't get me wrong, The Fountains are nice and all, but they could have a little nicer about it.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Anyways we moved, it was hot. A lot of people left. FAIL meet.

I'm not hosting anymore meets lol. Dave and Busters was fun though. Thanks for being our server Juan :P
lol @ fail meet. I was thinking the same thing I just didn't wanna say it. My girl said she's not going to anymore of those. Something about everyone standing in random groups and no one really being very inviting. I feel her though, when you don't know anyone and first pull up and all you get are "who the f*** are you" eyes; especially after driving an hour to get there. Plus it was mad hot and by the time we actually went into D&B over half the people rolled out.

As far as D&B goes it was small and packed but I still had fun. My burger was great and $5 beer from tap wasn't bad. My girl had a margarita and said it was really good. And she's really critical of drinks, so I guess that was good. Sour face at not being able to take advantage of the eat&play deal. I was pretty much played out before I ate. All in all I had fun inside.

@nikez, no problem. I'll be sure to lend another hand next weekend.

Last edited by Juan-g35; 06-07-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well those security guys are just on little man power trips. They don't really have any real power. You should really feel sorry for him or her... (trying to be p.c.)

Old 06-08-2010, 02:27 AM
I tried my best to be friendly to everybody

Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't sorry

After a long winter of hibernating the sun decided to bake me and I wasn't ready so I felt like **** trying to find any piece of shade.

Sorry for not being more friendly Juan and everyone.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
You did fine.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
The biggest dif between this and the hooters meet was there seemed to be a lol more organization to getting inside. Hooters was ready to support is so when we were ready to go inside there was a large section ready for the large group.
This past weekend that didn't happen. Aside from 2/3 of the people dipping, by the time we went inside it woulda been another hour and change before being able to get space large enough for the 10 of us (3 came in my car alone) so that pretty much broke up the rest of who was left.
I'm just saying...

Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
^ Yeah I called, they said they don't usually do reservations on the weekends lol. I said ... :/ Cool place to go and **** but it's just way to small compared to the one in Milpitas. Maybe we should go to the one in Milpitas and meet up with the Bay peoples

Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ Yeah I called, they said they don't usually do reservations on the weekends lol. I said ... :/ Cool place to go and **** but it's just way to small compared to the one in Milpitas. Maybe we should go to the one in Milpitas and meet up with the Bay peoples
do it!!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
yeah this one def needs a do over. bigger venue might work. i didnt realize you tried to get reservation. that totally sucks that they didnt hold it down for us.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
The biggest dif between this and the hooters meet was there seemed to be a lol more organization to getting inside. Hooters was ready to support is so when we were ready to go inside there was a large section ready for the large group.
This past weekend that didn't happen. Aside from 2/3 of the people dipping, by the time we went inside it woulda been another hour and change before being able to get space large enough for the 10 of us (3 came in my car alone) so that pretty much broke up the rest of who was left.
I'm just saying...
One thing about the Natomas HOOTERS .. owner/manager of that restaurant is a "car guy". If he knows in advance, and if there is no other promotion going on ... he'll do what he can to accomodate car groups. Big or small.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
One thing about the Natomas HOOTERS .. owner/manager of that restaurant is a "car guy". If he knows in advance, and if there is no other promotion going on ... he'll do what he can to accomodate car groups. Big or small.
thats awesome. clearly need to do some more hters meets then