Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

G35/350Z Test Vehicle Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35/350Z Test Vehicle Needed

The is a rare opportunity for us NorCal owners, since most of the speed shops are in SoCal. I stopped by ModaCar in Livermore to continue to work on getting the dyno files and to check on some parts availability. They asked me to relay this message to our local forum.

ModaCar is developing their own parts company called Force Fed. Among the first things Force Fed is looking to make are cams for the VQ engine (along with the assistance of an unnamed cam company). Down the line, they also plan on making intake, exhaust, ECU flash,etc., but for now they're looking for a G35 or a 350Z to test the cams on.

The test car will be need to be given to them for approximately 4 weeks. They would prefer a MT over a AT, but other than that any G35 or 350Z will do. A G35x might be an exception, since I think they'll only be using a 2wd dyno. Before and after dynos will be run to ensure that the parts are making reliable power. New valve springs and retainers will also be installed in the hopes of being able to raise the redline and make more power on the top end. Some tuning may be performed to accomidate the new cams.

The owner of the test car will get all of the parts free of cost (including installation). You will be expected to post the before and after findings, not just the horsepower seen on the dyno but the "streetability" and everyday driving experiences also. I didn't ask about whether they will be filing for CARB exemption, but that would be a concern. I also would caution anyone who would still like their engine warranty honored.

Anyone interested should contact ModaCar during the week at 1-888-818-8318. Ask for John or Bruce for details and to sign up. They are looking to start development ASAP, so call soon if you're serious about it.

BTW: I am in no way affiliated with ModaCar or Force Fed and would have jumped at the opportunity, except that I have 30k miles of warranty left. Whoever gets the cams MUST take me for a ride afterwards as "payment".