Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Air Suspension Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i so want an air suspension!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ucg35
no. not on cars at least. i barley trust myself on my own haha.
haha all good man,it was worth a try.Not trying to spend a grip at the shop.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by verilath
Here Is a Pic of my Setup that Kris at MachIII did for me. everything is vaccume sealed and shrink coated to ensure no leaks or problems.

Is there any way to cover most of that up?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
couple things for you guys... regarding some questions and statements in this thread.

30 hours? im sorry but you got ripped off. it can easity be done in a couple of hours.

shrink sealed to insure that there is not going to be any leaks? thats pretty funny. but again. you got took. i promise you will have leaks. its impossible to not have/get any leaks.

regarding the question about why they ran both compressors to the same T fitting...no it is not faster. its actually slower. but the reason i am guessing that they did it is because they did not have any ports left on the tank so they just doubled up on that one. i would have doubled up on other ports that are using other things. but whatever

just an fyi for people. since i can tell most people on this forum dont know a damn thing about bags, they just want them because they think it looks cool... they require a LOT of maintenance. not all at the same time but through out periods of time. it is not a buy one time and thats it kinda thing... here is a list of stuff just to think about

air line does get old and crack, or explode, or melt.

valves do get dirty and either need to be cleaned in and out or replaced depending on the condition.

compressors go out. they sell rebuild kits for them but something that wont even work.

bags get old as well. they either rub on something and get a hole, they get abused to much, or they simply just get weathered and crack.

preasure switches go out.

switches freeze up

relays go out a LOT (DO NOT USE A 30/40 RELAY, GET A STINGER 80AMP AND YOU WILL VERY RARELY NEED TO REPLACE THAT COMPARED TO A 30/40)

anyways though. they are very fun and if you can accept all that, then go for it.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ I agree with everything mentioned. In addition, with pressurized gas, condensation forms as well and if you don't have a release valve that you regularly check you will get moisture in your bags. Also staying true to your spec alignment is almost impossible due to the fact that psi changes with temperature.

I went air ride because I was parking on my street and could not get up my
Driveway without lifting my car dramatically. There
Is a lot of upkeep and maintenance that comes with air ride and I now see why it takes a long time to install.

To the point that it can be done in a couple of hours, that may be correct, but if you don't take your time and make sure everything is air tight and wire correctly you could be sitting on the floor all the sudden when you discover a leak.

To troy's comment, my setup is 95% all below the trunk floor line. We are going to lift the lip that the floor rest on by about an inch so I can put the carpet back down and hide everything.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 AM
to the water in the bags problem. your best best is to get a water trap. it will not get ALL of the water out of it will help a TON. also. i would and always have ran aluminum tanks apposed to steel. steel WILL rust over time. in which case it WILL explode. and not only will the tank explode but your entire rear end of the car will be destroyed. aluminum will not rust and will last a lot longer.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:19 AM
^^explode? sounds dangerous. lol. so if your saying steel tank will explode? what about the aluminum one,will that explode also?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:23 AM
no aluminum will not explode becuase it will not rust. as long as you dont over preasurize it, it will not explode. i believe the aluminum tanks are rated at 150psi but ever one that i have tested has help up to between 310psi and 345psi

Old 08-17-2010, 01:26 AM
how often do you have to replace the tank in the long run?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
i never want air...i talked with a guy who had his bags explode on him, not a fun story

Old 08-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Yup aluminum tank FTW. No rusty rusty

Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 AM
if you get an aluminum tank. well. i have never had to replace one of mine. ran all of them for years. only reason i dont still have them is becuase i dont have the vehicles anymore.

steel tanks. every year or so depending on how well you maintain the system.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whats your personal opinion on the best setup? AirRide Tec, Universal Air..etc?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Uas.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 AM
^agreed. That's what I'm running. UAS parts are much higher quality than many of their less expensive competitors. They also offer a warranty on the bags and hardware if it goes out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Install