Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone up for weekly meets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone up for weekly meets?

Hey i was just wondering if anyone is interested in meeting up weekly or every couple weeks for some coffee/dinner/tapioca. It would be nice to just meet some local people and see some fellow g members. I was thinking we could just hangout at starbucks or something on a weeknight for a little bit.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I probably wouldn't be able to make a weekly meet, but I would definitely try and make it at least once a month.

Best thing to do is post where you will be and when and see who shows up. There are so many different schedules, it's hard to nail down a day that's good for everyone.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
lets be friends
lol

how are you doing skeleton, haven't talked to u in a minute... hit me on yahoo sometime
peace!

Old 11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
What's up bro. I haven't seen you around lately. You should make it out to one of our meets, we have a great time.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM
I think the Z guys tried doing this once. It was a meet every month or so... I dunno. I attended one and now they dont have it anymore. Was it something I said? oO

Since everyone lives somewhat /far/ from each other, a meet every month in a different city would probably be better dont you think? That way the friends down in the South bay can get to know each other, and the ones in the East bay can meet up, etc.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:54 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm down for this. i'm usually in downtown mountain view/sunnyvale on weeknights, either finishing up class or doing some homework at one of the cafes over there. i think you have a good idea Jordaann85. weekly meetings might be hard to get people together, but try setting it up and see what happens. might have to go monthly....

Old 11-30-2005, 03:57 PM
absolutg, where are good places to do homework in mtn view/s'vale? Can you recommend some? I'm in super crunchmode for school right now and need to work in places that aren't my house (less distractions).

alternating places to meet is a good idea... because even if you try to meet somewhere in the middle, it never seems fair ^__^

Old 11-30-2005, 04:15 PM
workin...

red rock on castro is decent, same with dana st. roasting company which is off dana by castro. Le Boulanger can be good too. these spots are a little bit loud at times, just depends on the crowd. parking around there can be decent too so you don't have to worry about a dinged up G (free wifi at all those places too). red rock/dana st. close around 10 i think, not sure about le boulanger.

panera opened up a cafe/bakery in cupertino on stevens creek that's pretty nice. usually you don't have to worry about noise, it's huge and there's power+wifi around. this is my new favorite spot, but i usually go on weekends. the food is pretty awesome too. closes around 9-9:30.

further down the street on stevens creek toward the 85 is coffee society. again it's a bit mixed here, some days it is quiet, other days it can get kinda loud. they have a super comfy setup inside with leather couches, power and wifi.

happy donuts on el camino in palo alto can be ok sometimes. lately it's overrun with high schoolers and the parking situation sucks unless you can find something on el camino. it's a 24/7 spot tho, which is nice for super late night stuff.

the bean scene in downtown sunnyvale on murphy st. is nice. usually pretty quiet, some comfy chairs and free power/wifi. they close around 9 i think?

hope that helps! what are you studying for anyway?

Old 11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
That totally helps - especially the wifi info! Thanks

I'm finishing up a master's degree in business. I have 4 papers that needs to be finished in the next 2 weeks

What about you?

Old 11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
workin...

i'm doing an ms in software engineering part-time while working full-time... i'll be done in july and i'm looking forward to having a life again

if you want to meet up sometime, let me know. we'll be the studious g's

Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 PM
i wanna get together for drinks (coffee or tea/pearls) or studying. i guess we just need to find a good location. hopefully in the southbay ;]

Old 12-01-2005, 02:11 AM
We could have our first meet in San Jose.I'm free monday/wednesday nights. Does anyone wanna meetup at a starbucks in San Jose any of these nights around 8ish?

Old 12-01-2005, 02:18 AM
sounds good jordan, how bout a little bit before 8? like 7:15ish.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Man if only I lived closer...lol

Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 AM
workin...

i can probably do starbucks next wednesday. i'm flying out thursday morning tho so i might not be able to make it if i get behind on stuff @ work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone up for weekly meets?