Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Thunderhill Sun May 28th HPDE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dklau33
Sweet! We signed up for Sunday 28th. Hopefully you can sign up for that day too. Last day for the early bird special is May 13th so sign up soon. BTW where are you located? Post up when you are registered. Hopefully we can get a few others as well.
I'm in Roseville (off I-80 east of Sacramento). I'm trying to talk my buddy with an Evo into it as well. I'll def shoot for Sunday then.

1. dklau33 - (Darren) '04 Sedan
2. Matt - '04 EVO VIII
3. Craig - '05 EVO VIII MR
4. johnbigbootie (Robert) 04 Coupe 6MT

Old 05-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Nice... maybe we can meet up and caravan it up there on Sat. And by all means, the more the merrier.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I finally got an answer from Dave at NCRC, he sez each day is going to be the same as far as the classes of drivers, etc. goes so Sunday is as good as Saturday. I should be signed up before the end of this week. I doubt my Evo buddy's coming now because of the Mem Day weekend, he's headed down to SF for some dance party thing (damned kids!). If ya'll are coming from the Bay Area I could meet up as you come through the Roseville/Rocklin area; I'll pm you next week.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
once i get this show season over and done with, i will be joining you guys on some of these track events.

hopefully by then, Darren will be an experienced track driver and can show me some skillz.

have fun and be safe.

see you guys next yr.

vinh

Old 05-11-2006, 01:05 AM
bigbootie

Just remember to sign up by the 13th. Last day to get the early bird special. Once you pay, email Dave and tell him you're a first timer. He'll credit you back with a 33% discount.

vinh

good to see you're interested. hopefully you can make it for future events. would you be driving your G? i'm wondering how you would protect your body kit and your uber paint job?

Old 05-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
that's why i want to wait for the end of the show season. after that, i'm gonna seriously enjoy my car. if my bumper gets fuked up or i get chips, such is life

pending my budget, i'm prolly gonna get some 18" wheels to fit over the stoptechs for track days. might get a cheap replica top secret bumper down the line for track days as well.

i can't wait...

Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM
bigbootie

Just remember to sign up by the 13th. Last day to get the early bird special. Once you pay, email Dave and tell him you're a first timer. He'll credit you back with a 33% discount.

All signed up for Sunday! Made the early-bird deadline (barely). Thanks for the first-timer heads-up, I'll be sure to email Dave.

I'm thinking I can meet up with you guys somewhere up here, it's on the way to Reno. I'll pm you next week.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Sweet, so now we got 4... Don't everyone register at once now...

2. Matt - '04 EVO VIII

Old 05-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Sweet, so now we got 4... Don't everyone register at once now...

2. Matt - '04 EVO VIII
Dumb questions alert!

What are you using to tape your headlights? Masking tape? What are you using for car numbers? Do you have magnetic numbers already? Are you using tape on the car? Can we use white shoe polish on a window?

Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I always use blue painters tape to cover up my headlights and for numbers on the side of my door. You can use white shoe polish for numbers on your windows too. Maybe I'll get those magnetic numbers sometime soon. Be sure to read the checklist of things to bring. And don't wait till last minute to prep your car before the event day. You'll want to definitely use at least a better front pad than the stock pads. Not sure what you are planning on using. I see you got Brembos so pad chaning will be easy for you. You'll also want to bleed your brake fluid for a higher temp fluid. The least I suggest is the Valvoline Syn fluid in a gold bottle that can be found at almost any auto parts store. Dry boiling point is at a decent 490 deg I think. Economical choice of about $6 for 32 oz. Better yet is ATE with 535 deg dry boiling point and about $11 for 34 oz. You'll probably also want to change your engine oil and maybe even flush your coolant if it's been a long time since the last one. But besides that you should be pretty much set. Is this your first track day?

Old 05-18-2006, 02:36 PM
I've got the checklist printed out, I'll be starting on it this weekend. I will def change oil and brake fluid, I'll look at my pads too and I'm looking into getting some Hawk HP Plus pads if it looks like I'll need them. I think the blue painter's tape will look hawt with the DG! 'Cause that's what's important, looking good on the track, right? Thanks for the help...oh and if it's not already obvious, yes first time for me. I have done some high-speed stuff before, I did the Mario Andretti thing out in Las Vegas, 150+ in an Indy Car at LVMS. But I'm all signed up for instructions etc., I'm not taking anything for granted.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by johnbigbootie
I've got the checklist printed out, I'll be starting on it this weekend. I will def change oil and brake fluid, I'll look at my pads too and I'm looking into getting some Hawk HP Plus pads if it looks like I'll need them. I think the blue painter's tape will look hawt with the DG! 'Cause that's what's important, looking good on the track, right? Thanks for the help...oh and if it's not already obvious, yes first time for me. I have done some high-speed stuff before, I did the Mario Andretti thing out in Las Vegas, 150+ in an Indy Car at LVMS. But I'm all signed up for instructions etc., I'm not taking anything for granted.

Cool beans man. You'll be glad you did this. And if blue painters tape floats your boat, then more power to you.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Schedule is out:

7:15 am registration begins, if y'all are coming from the Bay Area you're gonna have an early start!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm going to be staying at a friends cabin up near reno so we won't have to wake up too early...

Are you planning on staying up in the Reno area the night before? If so maybe we can meet up, have some drinks, and shoot the sh*t.

I think we'll be running the quite technical new track configuration.

Talk about a lot of turns!

Last edited by dklau33; 05-22-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I can't go up the night before so we'll have to meet up Sunday morning. Crazy looking track, that should be fun! I'll have to keep in mind that I have to drive home, so no wrecking my car!

Looks like 156 miles from my house, if I average 156MPH I can get there in an hour... Damn I'm gonna have to leave at like 4:30 am...

Last edited by johnbigbootie; 05-23-2006 at 05:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thunderhill Sun May 28th HPDE