Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Thunderhill Sun May 28th HPDE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh... don't worry, you'll be so amped up on your first session that you'll forget that your operating only on minimal sleep although I encourage you to get plenty of rest beforehand. Just remember to bring adequate amounts of fluids and energy foods that won't come back up easily, preferably bananas. Subjecting your body to all the g-forces and loads and all the hard concentration will exert alot of energy. You'll be surprised at how pooped you'll be at the end of the day. But it'll all be worth it and you'll have a nice little grin on your face from ear to ear.

I just wish more of the norcal guys here would get enthused aobut these HPDE's. It'd be nice to have a group of regulars and it'd be nice if I wasn't the only norcal guy to run with the socal guys.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Modded Member
^ I'm planning on doing some HPDE's as soon as my car is prepped.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm back home from a long day at the track (and 5 hours of travel time) but I'm still smiling

For those of you who have not tracked their G I can tell you that I was pleasantly suprised at how hard I was able to drive my (bone stock) Coupe. By the end of the day (once I sorta figured out what I was doing) I was pushing it pretty hard, and it kept coming on. It's pretty cool to drive the snot out of your car on the track, then have a nice, quiet, comfortable drive home!

Darren's Sedan was "all go", all his mods were "functional" for the track with BBK, springs, shocks etc. Gave me lots of ideas...

Darren ('dklau33'), it was very cool meeting you and your buddies, I appreciate the help and advice. I am definitely hooked, and I'll be back for more track time soon!

I'm gonna post some pics of the day over in the Picture Share if anyone is interested.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Old 05-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you had fun. I was really hoping to get out there, but StopTech is keepin' me waiting on my BBK. My stock brakes are about done after I went to Thunderhill last month.

A bunch of Gs will be at Cal Raceway in late July. Hopefully we can get some NorCal guys to drive down

Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 AM
Robert, it was great meeting you and was nice to have some G brethern at the track. Glad you enjoyed yourself even with a bone stock G. It suprises people how well a bone stock coupe can do on a road course. You did quite well out there especially for a first timer on such a technical track. 4 miles with 25+ turns is nothing to sneeze at! I'm sure you got the bug now.

The day was definitely fun and there were some great cars out there. The yellow C6 Z06, the GT3 Cup Car, the Elise, some fast EVOS, and that insanely loud race Mustang. Just wish they didn't change up the track config in the middle of the day. Would have learned more if they left the morning config alone.

All of my mods are definitely functional but the one thing I really need to mod is myself. That very technical course definitely reinforced that notion. Definitely need to stop spending on the car and save up for driving school. That'll be the quickest and most valuable ROI for sure. So start saving up and maybe we can get a group day at Jim Russel or Skip Barber!