Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

I have only seen 3 modded G's around here. EVER.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only seen 3 modded G's around here. EVER.

I have only seen three modded G's around the Bay Area... ever. All the ones I see are bone stock, just de-badged or re-badged at most.

The three that I saw were:

1. Black dropped on some sort of aftermarket rims around Westborough area in SSF.
2. That bright blue almost teal looking color dropped on Gunmetal VOLK SF-C's by Serramonte.
3. DG dropped on Mercury Silver SF-C's in Fremont by my office.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:00 AM
sorry this thread is pointless. i am taking a break from work i brought home again.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This modding business can get quite expensive. Perhaps, that is one of the reasons. I was teetering on the fence about going FI for awhile. Finally, I decided to save the money.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andy2434
This modding business can get quite expensive. Perhaps, that is one of the reasons. I was teetering on the fence about going FI for awhile. Finally, I decided to save the money.
Well, lets see how long that will last. I bet by end of summer you will have FI on your G35 Andy its only natural progression!

Old 04-28-2006, 03:15 AM
hey, where do you work at in fremont? Even though im in san diego now, i lived around grimmer and automall. I go back up to the bay a lot to visit the family...I had my G for a good two weeks before I moved down here.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:32 AM
well i would but it cost $$$$. something a college student lacks for mods.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
I have only seen three modded G's around the Bay Area... ever. All the ones I see are bone stock, just de-badged or re-badged at most.

The three that I saw were:

1. Black dropped on some sort of aftermarket rims around Westborough area in SSF.
2. That bright blue almost teal looking color dropped on Gunmetal VOLK SF-C's by Serramonte.
3. DG dropped on Mercury Silver SF-C's in Fremont by my office.
I always see that blue one too around Daly City dropped on the Volks. You'll see me in about 2 weeks with some new 20's on!

Old 04-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm in a couple weeks you might see me rolling around up there

Old 04-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Stock is the new black... or at least modded, but still stock looking is anyways...

I actually like subtlely modded cars... only people with a keen eye can tell the difference. I remember seeing a G sedan with a Nismo front bumper before... looks very stock if you didn't know what you're looking at...

Old 04-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
kinda good to see not everybody and their mama's have a modded G in nor cal like so cal.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 AM
I have a modded G, but I just didn't do any exterior mods wont last long though, since I was at the NASA/HDPE event at Infineon this past weekend and some dude in a miata t-boned my bumper (at least it was only that). I was on the line, about to hit the corner entry and this guy in red miata was going all crazy, then as I get on the painted strip..I look over and *bam*

Guy is cool about it, he's gonna pay for everything (like he's supposed to). Funny thing is that he was driving Barry Hartzel's (NASA HDPE Director) miata, not his own.

Last edited by kurzo; 05-01-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I saw your car too. Ouch! I was with the Spoon cars. We were parked up on the hill. Let me know if we can help find you some aero parts.

We have a few modded G's in the East bay. We need to get everyone together out here for some fun... maybe a BBQ!?

Originally Posted by kurzo
I have a modded G, but I just didn't do any exterior mods wont last long though, since I was at the NASA/HDPE event at Infineon this past weekend and some dude in a miata t-boned my bumper (at least it was only that). I was on the line, about to hit the corner entry and this guy in red miata was going all crazy, then as I get on the painted strip..I look over and *bam*

Guy is cool about it, he's gonna pay for everything (like he's supposed to). Funny thing is that he was driving Barry Hartzel's (NASA HDPE Director) miata, not his own.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh man, the Spoon RSXs were sweet. They were fast as ****! What did they have on them?

I just got an estimate done - in the ballpark of $2555-2767. ($70-74/hr) Fender, right lamp, and bumper. How much can you hook up a bumper for I like the kenstyle and the impulse bumpers, those are pretty hot.. and if you know of a good body shop, I'd appreciate it.

It sucks though that it's going to cost this much, since now the guy is thinking that he will use Barry's insurance instead of paying out of pocket.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
IQ9
Insurance might not cover the incident due to it being a racing/track event. Keep it in mind.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yeah the Spoon race cars are very fast, especially for being NA! I know, I used to have one. It just goes to show you what a great suspension, great tuning and engine, mixed with an excellent chassis design can do. Someone was thinking of the race track when they developed the DC5 chassis!

Ken Style aero parts are not a problem to get, however I do not get the "replica" parts. I am an authorized reseller of Ken Style so of course I have to support the real JDM. I have a full Ken Style aero kit in stock, as well as the exhaust. I also deal with Impul. I only have the rear spoiler in stock at the moment, but we can get the rear 535CS bumper. We also have a state of the art body shop where we do all of our work next door. We have built the sponsored Top Secret widebody Z and the Ken Style G here already. We also work with all insurance companies and make sure all the work is to your satisfaction! Simply, that is what we do. Send me an email if we help you out: sales@2visionsracing.com

Thanks. Jeff.

Originally Posted by kurzo
Oh man, the Spoon RSXs were sweet. They were fast as ****! What did they have on them?

I just got an estimate done - in the ballpark of $2555-2767. ($70-74/hr) Fender, right lamp, and bumper. How much can you hook up a bumper for I like the kenstyle and the impulse bumpers, those are pretty hot.. and if you know of a good body shop, I'd appreciate it.

It sucks though that it's going to cost this much, since now the guy is thinking that he will use Barry's insurance instead of paying out of pocket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have only seen 3 modded G's around here. EVER.