Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone uprage audio sys w/ stock head unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone uprage audio sys w/ stock head unit?

Hey everyone
I am currently itching to gut the bose POS system, it sucks like crazy. I really want to keep the stock look in the front though so dont think i would want to do the double din conversion. Wondering if anyone in the bay area has installed new amps and speakers but left the stock head unit in. I want to hear how it sounds like before i dive in. Ive been through the forums, seems like some ppl say that they can get their system to sound good w/ the stock head. They were happy which is all that matters. I'm not too concerned about gettin competition quality sound, but good enough SQ where I can say, damn not bad. So if anyone up in here near sf and have done something like that, please let me know, send me a pm, i would liek to swing by and chec it out. thanks....

Old 04-30-2006, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It won't sound good. The bose unit has a different ype of output than a regular head unit. Even with a line output converter it will actually decrease the sound quality.

I had it switched around where my AVIC-D1 was pushing the stock amp and 8 stock speakers. Sounded like crap. The bose head unit actually sounded better than with the AVIC-D1. I ended up swapping out everything within two weeks. The stock head unit will only sound good with the stock amp since they are made for each other. Some people may disagree since they have just swapped out their speakers and amp. But I have heard their systems and I honestly believe that stock sounded better.

Unless you want more bass and you are going to add subs, keeping the stock headunit will sound the best with the stock speakers and stock amp.