Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Relocating to SF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Brittain,

Just saw this thread. Welcome to SF. I live downtown and it's not the best place to drive a G, but well worth it anyway. You'll definitely need a garage, whether it be in your complex or a nearby public/monthly garage. Of course having one in your complex is the best. If you live anywhere close to downtown, which is where I live, then you'll be able to walk anywhere. If you live further out west or south, then parking should be easier to come by as it will be more residential, but there will be more of a need to drive. Let me know what questions you have and I'd be happy to help. For housing, check out Craigslist.org.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Welcome to the By, you will love it. When you decide to buy a house help a fellow G driver out and let me do your loan for you. =)

Old 05-25-2006, 11:22 PM
well its official, I negotiated the salary and benefits today and have accepted the job. I dont get out of the army until July, and for the first couple of months I will be living in minneapolis and travelling to SF during the week. By September I should be fully moved in to an apartment in SF.

BGLA, Ive been seeing a ton of great apartments on craigslist- I will shoot you a PM with some specific questions about the different neighborhoods.

Thanks for everyone's input and welcome, I will definitely be down for a meet when I get to town.