NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Anyone interested on working together?

Old 06-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone interested on working together?

I am looking for people to work with on our G's. I want to learn how to do things myself, especially easy bolt on stuff. If anyone is interested in installing or needs help or can help me install any mods, let me know. I plan to get an exhaust and some springs, possibly coil-overs real soon, along with probably a grounding kit, and intake, so I will attempt to install them myself, no jacks or anything however and no real experience in it (although I have past experience from working on cars, just different aspects of them). Let me know, otherwise I'll be taking her to the shop and paying for easy labor.

PS: photoshoot, cruising, bbq/food optional

Old 06-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Sounds like a good idea, I'm definitely down. I'm no certified mechanic but I did do quite a few mods to my old maxima (just bold ons) and love to work on cars. The only thing I have planned for the near future is a Z-tube+K&N, which is cake. Regardless, just holla when anything's going down and I'll make it if I can. I look forward to meeting some other Seattle area G enthusiasts.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:41 AM
sounds good... it's just always better to have another person to ensure that you're doing the install correctly haha

Old 06-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Theres a GREAT write up with photos for doing suspension work written by Gsedan35. (Look for his updated version of this write up as well) I used that a few days ago to install my Tein suspension and a definitely made things go smoothly. I highly recommend printing those instructions out if/when you decide to do your coilovers yourself.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me know if ya need some help, I've done pretty much everything you're looking to do, plus I have hook ups on parts............. way better than prices you'd pay around here

Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I'd be down. You still living in the U-District over the summer? Damnit it's like 94 degress out today and I'm stuck in a damn cubicle. I'm gonna leave early if anyone wants to cruise or do some photos this afternoon?

Old 06-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Sure, I'd like to help. . .

I think I'm pretty much done modding my car (well, maybe just the suspension sometime down the road) and I have a decent amount of tools (ramps, jacks, jack stands etc. . .) so I'd be down with helpin' out whatever you want to do. . .

Stuff I've done/upgraded:
Added an amp/subs
changed brake rotors/lines
swapped stock exhaust for Borla
put in 1/2" spacer + iso thermal gasket
z-tube/pop charger
wiring kit (kinda worthless)
hacked navi to allow programming while driving
swapped wedge bulbs to LEDs (is that even a mod? LOL)

the only thing I paid to have someone else do is my TS ECU reflash when I lived down in CA. . .

-drew
let me know when/where. :-D

Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm down too. I got a few tools and I still need to install my Y-Pipe. let's get something going!

Old 06-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I'd be interested too. I've done the cabin filter, K&N/Z tube. I've done crawford plenum install/removal. Change oil etc.. Nothing big yet.
I also have the autoenginuity OBDII scanner if someone has some codes they need cleared etc..

Old 06-27-2006, 01:36 AM
sounds sweet... i will let you guys know when i get the parts in (should have the Top Speed cat back exhaust coming and I am still debating on test pipes and haven't made up my mind about springs or coil overs yet, but the exhaust for sure). That is as soon as i get my car from the shop, then i'm placing the order, knowing i have a car to put the parts on!

and anyone that needs help feel free to post a notice and im sure all the people here will try and help or bring tools, etc

Old 07-10-2006, 11:57 PM
so i got my short throw shifter to install.. i got the exhaust on but i need to adjust this heat shield that's real close to it.. so i need jacks or lift or something for all that, and definately some power tools cause i cant get the muffler off! haha... that and do some adjustments to the torque damper... anyone else got stuff to do?