NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Track Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track Day

Any of you down for a 'real' track day? I thought we could all figure out how to remove our governors, go drifting down 45th street and the Ave, then get high and go like 100 mph down residential areas? Joking aside, I'd be interested in hittin up Pacific Raceways for open runs if anyone else (maybe Soopa G?) would like to help coordinate it. I may be lacking the expertise to coordinate one of these since my experience only goes towards meets. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You so funny!!!!!!!

www.pacificraceways.com

check the schedule.................

Old 07-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Since no one else wants to check the schedule, I will:

Open road course track days at Pacific Raceways are on the following days (all Fridays):
Aug. 4th
Aug 18th
Sep 22nd
Sep 29th
Nov 10th
Nov 24th

You have to fill out this form and the cost is $150, which I assume is for all day? I'm too lazy to look anymore. There are also a bunch of open Drag days.

I'll add more info as I get around to it. . .

Post up if you're interested in going, and let me know what day.

l8z!

-drew the poser-

btw, check out the open track day down south that my old homies went to. The pictures turned out great! (Except for the VRT G with the dragging O2 plug! OUCHZOR!)

Last edited by Drewer; 07-25-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Drewer
Since no one else wants to check the schedule, I will:

Open road course track days at Pacific Raceways are on the following days (all Fridays):
Aug. 4th
Aug 18th
Sep 22nd
Sep 29th
Nov 10th
Nov 24th

You have to fill out this form and the cost is $150, which I assume is for all day? I'm too lazy to look anymore. There are also a bunch of open Drag days.

I'll add more info as I get around to it. . .

Post up if you're interested in going, and let me know what day.

l8z!

-drew the poser-

btw, check out the open track day down south that my old homies went to. The pictures turned out great! (Except for the VRT G with the dragging O2 plug! OUCHZOR!)

those may be open lapping days, which are not what you want to look for, look for the Speedware days, which are $175 and includes lunch, or any of the car clubs, such as Alfa or BMW, you usually have to join their club before you can participate in their track days though, don't bother with PCA, unless you have a Porsche.

Look forward to swapping paint with ya Drew!!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:46 PM
You'd be gettin' a lot of wave-by's from me. . .haha! I think I def. need new coilovers before I do any twisties again. . .mine are still stock and feel like mush. (I have 90k on the car now. . .the best all purpose car I've ever had the pleasure to drive!) Any recoomendations? I don't want 12kg/mm springs either!

-Doser-

formely Drewer

p.s.
Oh yeah! And who can order me some Weds Sport SA-90 forged wheels? I want ones just like ZeroGen.
Curses! The pics were never updated!

Old 07-25-2006, 07:14 PM
If I have money on any of those days, I'd be down for it.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM
You'd be gettin' a lot of wave-by's from me. . .haha! I think I def. need new coilovers before I do any twisties again. . .mine are still stock and feel like mush. (I have 90k on the car now. . .the best all purpose car I've ever had the pleasure to drive!) Any recoomendations? I don't want 12kg/mm springs either!

-Doser-

formely Drewer

p.s.
Oh yeah! And who can order me some Weds Sport SA-90 forged wheels? I want ones just like ZeroGen.
Curses! The pics were never updated!
coilovers? Depends on what you want to spend...... personally I'd like to get the Tanabe Seven's but not sure if I want to drop $2500 for them

Top Secret has some but they're big dollars, $3500 I think.

Penske would also be on my short list but not sure if they have an application for the G35

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
The Pro Seven's look cool. . .but you're right $2500 is a big drop. However, they look like the new "Tein Type Flex with EDFC" since they have their own TEAS (which is like EDFC). I can' tfind the Type flex's with 10kg/mm springs anywhere. . .they're all the extra hard US-version. Do you know anything about HKS Hypermax LS+'s? Those were the other ones that I've been checking out. . .

-drew

BTW, sorry to hijack the thread again. . .at least my panties aren't in a bunch this time.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:50 PM
$175? wtf... i'd rather go blow all that on booze and a food with my girl... and go remove the governor and go like 350 mph on the residential streets.. that's how i roll

Old 07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
The Pro Seven's look cool. . .but you're right $2500 is a big drop. However, they look like the new "Tein Type Flex with EDFC" since they have their own TEAS (which is like EDFC). I can' tfind the Type flex's with 10kg/mm springs anywhere. . .they're all the extra hard US-version. Do you know anything about HKS Hypermax LS+'s? Those were the other ones that I've been checking out. . .

-drew

BTW, sorry to hijack the thread again. . .at least my panties aren't in a bunch this time.
I've heard good things about the Hypermax, the only negative thing I heard was they have to be sent back to Japan to be rebuilt, whereas the Teins are rebuilt in the US. And the Hypermax won't set you back $2500, more like $1800 or so.

Alldepends on what you want out of your suspension. If you're doing mostly spirited street driving and the occasional track day then hell, just throw some DSpecs on and call it a day

Old 07-26-2006, 03:27 AM
I'll be there at Sept 5th with some peoples from work but I'd be down with going again with yall too . I think I'm coo with anyday.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:58 AM
I definately would be interested in doing a lapping day. I think I can go just about any day - it'll be nice to hit up PRW again.

It's a good thing I have a sexy "rear end" - because that's all you guys will be seeing ;-).

Old 07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Versus
It's a good thing I have a sexy "rear end" - because that's all you guys will be seeing ;-).

It's not fair that you weigh like half as much as me. . .bah! So unfair! Don't make me do something drastic like boost my poor car or drive the Evo on track day!

Old 07-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Even if you boost your car it's still rock chipped to death on the front bumper man. LOL JK.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
You're not boosting the body. Last I checked the body of the car doesn't make it actually go. In fact, I bet the attachment is faster than all our cars! So don't go baggin' on the old timer-mobile. . .it's got character! It's like the Millenium Falcon baby! "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts!" We definitely hafta drag now. . . HAHA!

-d-

Attached Thumbnails Track Day-vroum.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track Day