NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Opinions on these Vossen 083 rims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve46
I can handle "honest" opinions, learn to be respectful?
This isn't your therapist's office. Man the fuck up and save the preaching for someone that doesn't think you're a punk.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM
C'mon guys, get it right before you point fingers. It's definitely NOT about price. There are great wheels at a cheaper price point, and there are also shitty wheels at a higher price point. It's about any combination of: quality, customer service, originality vs. knockoff, fitments, weight, strength, style, etc...

For example, I dislike custom forged wheels that are $2000/wheel when they look stupid, such as white face with blue lips. On the otherhand, I give props for wheels that are $300ea such as Enkei RPF1 or 5Zigen FN01R-C. Fake rivets (in this case), ugly wheels, knockoff wheels, wheels that are known for cracking, horrible fitments...these will all get clowned on regardless.

In general, better wheels tend to cost more, but this isn't always the case. There are great wheel choices no matter what your budget, even more so when shopping used or secondhand new.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go with the first set when this weather clears up.

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
This isn't your therapist's office. Man the fuck up and save the preaching for someone that doesn't think you're a punk.
And you know me right? Damn so much anger behind that computer, type away! Sorry if you were neglected or picked on as a kid.

Last edited by Steve46; 12-19-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by pdjafari
I think the first set look good, 2nd set look OK. Alot of guys who mod their cars do it to be different than other cars on the street, not to be just like the rest of everybody on g35driver with volks/works. And for those who think cast can mean crap, you are right and wrong. Cast wheels made by bbs/work/volk/rays are MUCH better than replica cast wheels like sevas/axis/ADR/TSWs. There's no comparing the quality of the first set to the 2nd. I had a set of Volk GT-7s which were forged barrels and cast inners and they were very durable. Hit many potholes, never had a bend. Also had a set of Rays G games and the same went for those. Then I moved onto a set of Work T1s and they again were very durable and NEVER bent or nothing.

The problem is the cast wheels that use cheap materials/alloys such as the 2nd group mentioned. To compare the first set to the second is unfair in my opinion. Where Vossen stands I dont really know as they are a pretty new company. However, unlike Sevas I see them on many forums and they seem to provide good customer service. In the end, what matters is what YOU like and the level of customer service the vendor/manufacturer provides.

The same argument holds true for many parts like the coilover vs spring/strut combo battle. Coilovers are overkill for those who dont track, people who just want the appearance can go with a matching shock/strut combination...

Typically the track junkies are the one's who really press the issue of lightweight/forged rims as well as coilovers/corner balancing and a BBK. However, alot of people who mod do it for looks, dont really care about adding 50lb wheels/tires to each corner. They are more into 'flossing'
+1
C'mon guys, get it right before you point fingers. It's definitely NOT about price. There are great wheels at a cheaper price point, and there are also shitty wheels at a higher price point. It's about any combination of: quality, customer service, originality vs. knockoff, fitments, weight, strength, style, etc...

For example, I dislike custom forged wheels that are $2000/wheel when they look stupid, such as white face with blue lips. On the otherhand, I give props for wheels that are $300ea such as Enkei RPF1 or 5Zigen FN01R-C. Fake rivets (in this case), ugly wheels, knockoff wheels, wheels that are known for cracking, horrible fitments...these will all get clowned on regardless.

In general, better wheels tend to cost more, but this isn't always the case. There are great wheel choices no matter what your budget, even more so when shopping used or secondhand new.
and +1 again

Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 PM
you think Steve46 is a punk because of his wheel choices? wow...

only punk i see is the person in the left with his queer *** pose

Old 12-19-2008, 09:44 PM

Funny you bring that up. There are a bunch of pics of everyone at that photoshoot posing like that. We were giving Steve a hard time for his original pic. Clueless FTL. Nice try, though.

Steve, who was serious:

Everyone else, messing around:
Solo

Tandem

Bam!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 PM
And you know me right? Damn so much anger behind that computer, type away! Sorry if you were neglected or picked on as a kid.
Again, let's leave the psychoanalysis to your therapist. Already know all I need to know from people that met you in person at meets. No anger here, but I'm not the only one that gets annoyed with overly sensitive people that post pics or ask for opinions and then reach for the Kleenex when they don't hear what they want to hear. Grow some.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Wow I didn't know I had a group of followers who don't even know me!

Actually I'm a pretty chill person if you meet me. I've met a couple of the g35 drivers and 350z guys and they were all cool guys, but there is a few select drama queen haters on the 350z forums that stick to their little club like its life or death. The forum over there speaks for itself.

Last edited by Steve46; 12-20-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Again, let's leave the psychoanalysis to your therapist. Already know all I need to know from people that met you in person at meets. No anger here, but I'm not the only one that gets annoyed with overly sensitive people that post pics or ask for opinions and then reach for the Kleenex when they don't hear what they want to hear. Grow some.
In all honesty though, the 4+ years a member I was on the site you were a douche in just about every thread I saw you post. Other than negative criticism, I rarely saw you give props...perhaps a couple times. But more often then not, you were quick to talk $hit... No disrespect, just giving my .02

Old 12-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
steve is a cool guy.. he was just asking us his opinions on some wheels.. who cares if he doesnt want to spend a lot of money on wheels... like he said he rather spend it on other things... why all the anger???

Old 12-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
but honestly after my sevas cracked multiple times.. i am NEVER going with cheap rims again... my wheel almost completely came off after i pulled a hard u-turn once it was cracked.. Sevas is still ignoring my calls and not calling back... great customer service and even better quality wheels..

Old 12-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow I didn't know I had a group of followers who don't even know me!

Actually I'm a pretty chill person if you meet me. I've met a couple of the g35 drivers and 350z guys and they were all cool guys, but there is a few select drama queen haters on the 350z forums that stick to their little club like its life or death. The forum over there speaks for itself.
Everyone has to find a way to sleep at night, so you can pretend you have a fan club if you need to. There are those that consider you a toolbox behind your back and then there are those that keep it real to your face. Guess I know which one you prefer. There's no club really, it's just a car forum. Whether you feel "welcomed" or not, you're as much a "member" as anyone else.

Originally Posted by pdjafari
In all honesty though, the 4+ years a member I was on the site you were a douche in just about every thread I saw you post. Other than negative criticism, I rarely saw you give props...perhaps a couple times. But more often then not, you were quick to talk $hit... No disrespect, just giving my .02
That's just plain retarded. Anyone who bothers searching my posts can see how it really is. Think about it though. Doesn't it make sense that someone who's outspoken and has a discerning eye is going to give props more infrequently than criticism? I'm not gonna lie and pretend so that someone only hears what they wanna hear. This isn't kindergarten, and we're not your Mom. Not really much else to say on this subject.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 12-20-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i love scotch

Old 12-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
This turned out just like my thread. I wish that triple8sol would get Banned. I like choice number 1. They look Hot on that G37

Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by MTG35guy
This turned out just like my thread. I wish that triple8sol would get Banned. I like choice number 1. They look Hot on that G37
Everyone welcome the wankster to the NW section. This guy tries and fails by calling other people e-thugs for no reason at all, yet is the only one typing tough about "meeting face-to-face." For someone that throws out the word douche so easily/often, it's surprising that you're unaware how that behavior is pretty much the definition.

If you take someone's opinion of your wheels as a reflection of what they think of you as a person, you're a joke. Hypocrites FTL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these Vossen 083 rims?