NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

UPS delivered my wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Get the right tire sizes before you mount them. It might be your only chance at some type of reasonable return. Pat and Hai know their tire sizes. You may not particularly agree with their post style or whatnot but they are right on this issue.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
triplesol I'm really flattered you have to post on every one of my threads even on the all other car forums to bash my wheels/tires or whatever it is you do.

With that said, it's not all about looks, its about fitment as well. I didn't buy these tires from D2. I spoke to D2 again on this matter to see what tire setup they recommend before mounting these things.

1. The reason they recommended 285-25 instead of 30 in the rear is because on cars with tein s-techs or h&r (me) that basically slam the car, there has been rubbing issues with that wheel which could require fender modifications to make the wheels fit. Since the g37 fender is already pre-rolled from the factory, that could cause even more problems. I don't really want to deal with my wheels not fitting and having to get new suspension. If I was running eibach pro-kit or h-techs fitment probably wouldn't be as big of an issue.

2. I do realize that my speedo will be thrown off by 4.1% which I'm not exactly thrilled about, but thats part of modding sometimes. I do realize I have to be extremely careful driving around, but when you get aftermarket wheels when do you not have to be careful?

3. If I run 285-30-20 in the rear, I will have to run 245-35-20 in the front so the rubber is even. If I run 245-30-20 in the front, the rear is going to look thicker than the front. My personal preference is I don't want to run 35 in the front, too much rubber for my taste.

Thanks for the concern though!

/end thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Stating facts is bashing? Riiiiiiight.

Well guys, what do you think? Some people just refuse to believe things that don't coincide with their blind justification of their purchase decision. Is it worth the time to explain further and basically just repeat what was already said or is it time to just sigh and give up?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
IMHO only.

I don't think it's smart to run 4.1% stagger ratio and possibly risk VDC issues. I'd hate to have it engaging all the time for no good reason because the setup is more sensitive. If you were worried about the tire height, then I'd rather run some thinner tires/wheels on a small spacer. Or go with the oem Nismo style of running bigger wheels out back and smaler ones in front. ie.. 20s / 19s or something.

Steve, I like the wheels. Should look great. But I don't like how a shop would recommend that much error vs oem in order to sell you a set of wheels/tires.

But I hope it works out for ya.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Steve46
triplesol I'm really flattered you have to post on every one of my threads even on the all other car forums to bash my wheels/tires or whatever it is you do.
Don't take it personal, that's his thing