NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Random Chat Thread~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seymore4
Roll by Intec and get hooked up with a Viper alarm! If you're not sure check out the install Lawrence did on my civic, seriously car toys doesnt even compare
Car Toys Does Compare. They have more Master Certified Installers than any other company...Intec has even paid Car Toys installers to do some car alarms there, one imperticular named Mar (drives a bad *** white g35). Also I would rather have a company that has more stores do my alarm if their are any issues i can go to any local car toys and get it fixed whereas if i had intec do it id have to go there. Each installer at Car Toys also has to get re-certified every 4 years to keep their job...show me where any tech at Intec is mecp certified. I bet your install from Lawerence is soooo great on a civic...one of the easiest cars to do lol. I dont doubt Intecs work, i remember a few years back where everyone hated intec, most of those forum members have since left and parted with their g35 but intec was never the **** til you got work done there, and now work there? If youve had a bad experience with Car Toys it was probably the sales people and not the installers, the sales people are paid **** and have quotas and will raise prices (comissions a bitch) but if you just worked with an installer from the gate im sure theres no issues.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DatsunOf@Gun
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...video=23909987

ROFLMAO !!!

i'd pay her $20 in compensation
provided she lets me dunk her in again

Made my day lol.

Interesting to see how when ever someone feels hurt the first thing
that comes to their mind is to sue someone.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Of course Car Toys has a lot of "master certified installers." They make the certificates. Lawrence from Intec worked there for several years, WAS a master certified installer, and was even awarded custom installer of the year. I've seen 4 alarms that they installed, on my car, my GF's car, and two friends cars and it was all get it done as fast as possible work. All of them could have been disabled within a minute by a knowledgeable thief. I've personally watched Lawrence install 5 alarms--my civic, a honda fit, 350z, 86 corolla worth $40,000, Titan, and the attention to detail is unsurpassed.
He is the only one at Intec that does Alarm installs; we're not going to let an inexperienced tech work on someone's car, regardless what the job is.

If you're a local guy why does it matter that there's a bunch of locations to go to?? You only need one.

I do not "work" at Intec, I'm co owner. I will agree that there were some unfortunate events in the past that caused some drama around the shop, and we are working hard each and every day to better the car community as a whole and ensure that that does not happen again. No one who was working here at that time currently works here, and the current staff is all very knowledgeable and passionate about cars.

In the last year that I've been a part of Intec I've seen hundreds of happy customers, including a bunch of guys on the forum, and how many dissatisfied ones???

And how would I be able to vouch for a shop that I'd never been to?? I knew exactly what I wanted when I bought my G35 and had an Osiris tune by Lawrence 2 months after, so yes I had a positive experience and I've been repping Intec the whole time.

Originally Posted by PoorG35
Car Toys Does Compare. They have more Master Certified Installers than any other company...Intec has even paid Car Toys installers to do some car alarms there, one imperticular named Mar (drives a bad *** white g35). Also I would rather have a company that has more stores do my alarm if their are any issues i can go to any local car toys and get it fixed whereas if i had intec do it id have to go there. Each installer at Car Toys also has to get re-certified every 4 years to keep their job...show me where any tech at Intec is mecp certified. I bet your install from Lawerence is soooo great on a civic...one of the easiest cars to do lol. I dont doubt Intecs work, i remember a few years back where everyone hated intec, most of those forum members have since left and parted with their g35 but intec was never the **** til you got work done there, and now work there? If youve had a bad experience with Car Toys it was probably the sales people and not the installers, the sales people are paid **** and have quotas and will raise prices (comissions a bitch) but if you just worked with an installer from the gate im sure theres no issues.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Snuffaluphagus
Interesting to see how when ever someone feels hurt the first thing
that comes to their mind is to sue someone.
I watched an interview with her, and it made me want to throw a rock at my keyboard

Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
good morning bitches!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey seymore you have a ae86?

Old 01-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Snuffaluphagus
Hey seymore you have a ae86?
nope, but the silkroad corolla is back at the shop after a major rebuild, its gonna drop a lot of jaws when its finished

Attached Thumbnails Random Chat Thread~-turp_0410_01_z-toyota_corolla_drift_car-front_view.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
nope, but the silkroad corolla is back at the shop after a major rebuild, its gonna drop a lot of jaws when its finished
who drives that?

Old 01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Premier Member

nobody ATM, Lawrence once he retunes it lol

Old 01-21-2011, 06:40 PM
it looks like a pro am? or just a car

Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Premier Member

that was a picture from when it ran in D1GP in Irwindale, it now looks like this:

Attached Thumbnails Random Chat Thread~-low_corolla.jpg   Random Chat Thread~-lo_corolla.jpg  
it looks like a pro am? or just a car

Wow I would love to see that thing drifting lol

Old 01-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course Car Toys has a lot of "master certified installers." They make the certificates. Lawrence from Intec worked there for several years, WAS a master certified installer, and was even awarded custom installer of the year. I've seen 4 alarms that they installed, on my car, my GF's car, and two friends cars and it was all get it done as fast as possible work. All of them could have been disabled within a minute by a knowledgeable thief. I've personally watched Lawrence install 5 alarms--my civic, a honda fit, 350z, 86 corolla worth $40,000, Titan, and the attention to detail is unsurpassed.
He is the only one at Intec that does Alarm installs; we're not going to let an inexperienced tech work on someone's car, regardless what the job is.

If you're a local guy why does it matter that there's a bunch of locations to go to?? You only need one.

I do not "work" at Intec, I'm co owner. I will agree that there were some unfortunate events in the past that caused some drama around the shop, and we are working hard each and every day to better the car community as a whole and ensure that that does not happen again. No one who was working here at that time currently works here, and the current staff is all very knowledgeable and passionate about cars.

In the last year that I've been a part of Intec I've seen hundreds of happy customers, including a bunch of guys on the forum, and how many dissatisfied ones???

And how would I be able to vouch for a shop that I'd never been to?? I knew exactly what I wanted when I bought my G35 and had an Osiris tune by Lawrence 2 months after, so yes I had a positive experience and I've been repping Intec the whole time.
"They make them" righhhhhhtttttttt
http://www.mecp.com/home.asp

Kudos to Lawerence for his award, I am not bashing his ability to do an alarm install or any install for that matter, what I am saying is that Car Toys does have great installers that dont do hack work, keeping in mind that there are always some bad seeds in each company, just like yours a few years ago-apparently all gone. Talk to anyone at Car Toys and ask if theyve worked with Phil Tweet or Brian Baba and youll never ever see an issue with any install ever performed by these two individuals.
The reason i mentioned more locations is simply put you have 1 location, who knows when its going to die, just like worldone performance, xtreme autosalon, fastlane, etc. I know your business is booming but in this economy you never know, especially when some people were recommended to go to intec to do a motor swap and your reps either didnt care since it was a basic cheap job or quoted high for a stock rebuild

Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
Alright I think your opinions have been aired at this point yea? Any business that is still in business these days must be doing something right, with the current economic climate and the growing demand for customer and professional service any "hacks" are quickly being weeded out no? I have had installs done with both locations and have had results that I expected from each, Which is to say, good. I am all about the love as you know by now, so I propose we share some hot cocoa and a hug and acknowledge that things change, and not every assembly line shop is crap. Except circuit city...those guys sucked hah jk...or am I? No I am....not....yes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Random Chat Thread~