Old 06-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Dal35
+1
+2

Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
So ummm. I have a small problem im cant decide what or how to deal with this guys so your opinion would be great! I need to change my oil.. Apparently, since I now have a wide body kit. My jack will cant reach under my car to the section i need to jack it up at... So therefore i cannot do the oil change myself..

Option 1. Should i just take it to Nissan and have them do it for me? Reason nissan is it is cheaper there and all thieir tools and machines are the same... Afterall they now have the system to work on the GTR.. So they can jack my car up to work on.. And they would do a 20 point inspction refill fluids etc..?

Option 2. Take it to my performance shop. I know they can do the oil change but would cost a little bit more and they will not be doing all these checks they would at the dealership? What was is? 20 point inspection i think.

Option 3 ???? You idea?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
umm, unless i am missing something....Dealership is cheaper and u get more done (fluids, inspection, etc), so as long as u trust them, i would say go there....plus, if they break something, u can hold them liable.....

however, my option 3 is to get air jacks like the F1 cars and then u can raise the car urself to get the jack in....but that is prolly not as cheap as the dealership, so....make sure they know u r breakin in a turbo and i would watch them like a hawk!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Originally Posted by cdubel01
umm, unless i am missing something....Dealership is cheaper and u get more done (fluids, inspection, etc), so as long as u trust them, i would say go there....plus, if they break something, u can hold them liable.....

however, my option 3 is to get air jacks like the F1 cars and then u can raise the car urself to get the jack in....but that is prolly not as cheap as the dealership, so....make sure they know u r breakin in a turbo and i would watch them like a hawk!
that is the main reason i want to take it to the dealer... so they can check the fluids... Well.. So Nissan Dealership or Infiniti?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
ugh, if same price, then which ever is closer? however the Nissan guys may have more technical knowhow considering the GTR, but not neccessarily a guarantee...i vote Nissan though.....

Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So ummm. I have a small problem im cant decide what or how to deal with this guys so your opinion would be great! I need to change my oil.. Apparently, since I now have a wide body kit. My jack will cant reach under my car to the section i need to jack it up at... So therefore i cannot do the oil change myself..

Option 1. Should i just take it to Nissan and have them do it for me? Reason nissan is it is cheaper there and all thieir tools and machines are the same... Afterall they now have the system to work on the GTR.. So they can jack my car up to work on.. And they would do a 20 point inspction refill fluids etc..?

Option 2. Take it to my performance shop. I know they can do the oil change but would cost a little bit more and they will not be doing all these checks they would at the dealership? What was is? 20 point inspection i think.

Option 3 ???? You idea?
Option 3...buy the low profile ramps that I've bought to get your jack under the car. They work great and my Infiniti dealer loves them ....

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2346

Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Option 3...buy the low profile ramps that I've bought to get your jack under the car. They work great and my Infiniti dealer loves them ....

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2346
not a bad idea either....

Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by cdubel01
not a bad idea either....
Thanks Chris, also I won't let the service dept. guys drive my car into the bay. They line up the ramps so my G will be lined up with the lift, they're really cool with my paranoia.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Thanks Chris, also I won't let the service dept. guys drive my car into the bay. They line up the ramps so my G will be lined up with the lift, they're really cool with my paranoia.
wow i like! i figured they do make race types. It is the rubber kind too not the hard one where it would just slide when you are trying to get the car on it. That would be perfect for me to get under my car. But im still going to go to Infiniti for oil changes i decided since i have already been there numerous times. Nissan... i never been there...

Again im still getting those ramps so i can install my GTspec under body brace! lol

Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Those of you that dont change your own oil, do you guys take your cars to different places to do the oil change? for example, would you take your G to Infiniti and then take your Z to Nissan?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Those of you that dont change your own oil, do you guys take your cars to different places to do the oil change? for example, would you take your G to Infiniti and then take your Z to Nissan?
I take it to Infiniti and bring my own oil and sometimes my own filter. They only charge me like $10 for the change.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow i like! i figured they do make race types. It is the rubber kind too not the hard one where it would just slide when you are trying to get the car on it. That would be perfect for me to get under my car. But im still going to go to Infiniti for oil changes i decided since i have already been there numerous times. Nissan... i never been there...

Again im still getting those ramps so i can install my GTspec under body brace! lol
Hey Dal if ya get those ramps you can bring it over to place Ive got a low profile craftsman jack to get under it after that.

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...t&keyword=jack

Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do my own oil. Me and my bro do ours twice a year.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
I do my own oil. Me and my bro do ours twice a year.
With my built motor and TT setup, I go around 2K miles for synthetic change.

Last edited by BrianlG35C; 06-23-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Ohio G Club Member

Make sure you take the ramps to Infiniti, so they can get their lifts under your car and also they won't damage your sideskirts. If their lifts are the same as my dealer's, they'll have to put on the extra pad on the arms too, so your sideskirts won't get damaged.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?