Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jinubob81
sorry i missed the meet guys. I was on a group ride on my aprilia that weekend.

maybe next time? we should DEFINITELY hit up hocking hills. It's worth every mile to get up there. Hell, if I can get there to hit up the twisties on my bike, we can easily do it in our cars. I can even get a route from our riding group if people were interested in devoting a few hours to nice winding roads.

I like the "forming an official club" idea. I think I might even have made a group on myspace or facebook or something already. I'll gladly hand out admin/mod powers to whoever wants to get it running a bit better. I think I even called it "Ohio G35 Club" or something like that.

see you guys next time.
All sounds good, if you can get a route made up we can have some people from the columbus area meet up again and cruise out the the lancaster/ hocking hills area then get to the twisties! were you guys thinking sometime before winter, or sometime next year?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I think we should have a meet in late september/early october...the leaves down there are changing then which makes for some beautiful backdrops for photo opportunities...I went to OU, Twice. I can tell you that the backroads, and the autumns are like none other around Ohio.

I dont mind attempting to head up this stuff, it would only seem appropiate since I tried three years ago and it is only catching on now!

As for getting a route from your riding buddies Jinubob81, that would be a good idea. This last drive and meet was good, but the driving part could be better and longer. And it seems that we would also need stopping points along the way (checkpoints) where we can make sure we all meet up again if we get lost...I never leave a man behind! This comes to mind after talking to an MR2 Club member who says that one of theirs lost a car on the back twisties down in Hocking Hills.

Ohio G35 Club is the best name, but if other names are suggested, then maybe we should do a poll. I think Dal put it best saying that "Ohio G35 Club" covers everyone in Ohio. I had suggested 3CG club (three C's =Cincy, Cleveland, and Columbus...).

I also do believe we should see who would like to take the lead spot.

Maybe three positions total for right now.

1. President - Sets up meets, drives, and talks to locations about allowing us to use their property, etc
2. Vice-President -would take up additional duties and sub for President in the event he/she can't preform duties due to work, military or whatever.
3. Treasurer - Would act as a mediator, hold any funds donated for causes(if we should hold a charity run or something like that), or funds that would help with cost of food, beverages and things of that sort (we cant drive all the time!!!)

Well? sounds like a good start? Lets get things going...

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Just moved to Cincinnati from Florida with my '05 tt G35. Anyone know of any G/Z clubs or car shows around Cincinnati?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by G311
Just moved to Cincinnati from Florida with my '05 tt G35. Anyone know of any G/Z clubs or car shows around Cincinnati?
I am trying to find out the same thing. What area of Cincy are you from? Anypics of your car so I will know it's you if I see it? I am in N.Ky and have seen a few nice G's around.

There is a car show tomorrow 2pm @ Quaker Steak & Lube in Milford, Oh. It is on the East side of town right off of 275.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Evil Bastard
i'll get a route together.

the philosophy we use in our riding club is this: at least one person stops at all intersections (if not everyone) to wait for stragglers. Obviously, this is easier with motorcycles, but if just one car waited at every intersection to wait for late comers, there should not be issues with people getting lost.

that, or everyone could just program the route in their GPS (and have a printout of the route).

anyways, I'll see what I can put together.

are we thinking hocking hills for the next ride (South east of cbus), or a different area? My opinion is, the best roads in ohio are in the hocking hills region. There are better roads in west virginia, but not sure we want to go that far.

Also, we would have to dedicate at least 3-4 hours for the drive. We can stop at old man's cave or whatever it is in hocking hills, and there are plenty of fuel stops for bathroom breaks. For food, I'd say let's do a BBQ or just bring food with you.

let's try to figure out a good meeting date that would work for most of us. I'd say we should do the meet early to mid october, if we're going for a "fall colors tour" type deal.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Hocking Hills is awesome. Actually Central Ohio Subarus is having their annual HH run on the 13th. I am thinking about going but not sure yet.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I vote for the 18th as I just checked my schedule and it's like my only free weekend of the month. Hocking Hills sounds fun, never really been down there.
And I definitely agree with upping the driving time, last time was no doubt fun minus the flying dead possums and, but that road needed to be a lot longer.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Hocking hills sounds like the best place to have this meet, lets just make sure we get something together/ organized soon so we can have a good turn out, hopefully even better than last time!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey guys I'm actually in columbus today, was at a wedding and then brothers yesterday saw a real nice silver g there down the street had a kit and some wheels was too drunk to figure out which it was but yeah anything going on today here In cbus?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Ohio G Club Member
WoW finally found this thread... awesome!! New to the G/Z scene. I'm located in Independence, OH which is like 20 mins south over Cleveland. Hocking Hills is a fair drive from here but won't be a problem with advance notice. Look forward to meeting some G owners that are enthusiasts not Geriatrics!!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Just moved to Cincinnati from Florida. I previously had a supercharged 350z but now drive an APS TT '05 G35. Is anyone going to the 21st annual Z Club Association Convention in Cleveland, Ohio September 28 to October 3, 2008?

http://www.clevelandrockz.com/

Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Just moved to Cincinnati from Florida. I previously had a supercharged 350z but now drive an APS TT '05 G35. Is anyone going to the 21st annual Z Club Association Convention in Cleveland, Ohio September 28 to October 3, 2008?

http://www.clevelandrockz.com/
I would really like to go, but that is my b-day weekend and I think hubby has something planned. He is a big Z lover so maybe I can talk him into it

Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Just moved to Cincinnati from Florida. I previously had a supercharged 350z but now drive an APS TT '05 G35.
Nice. Did you buy the G35 already TT'd? Who did the install/tune? What numbers are you running? More details please.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 AM
its been awhile since i checked this, my laptop was stolen and I have no internet at home...

as for a meet, it seems this weekend is coming up and not much response...
what about the following weekend? the 27th? anyone?

looks like our list is growing...

remember, there is a sonic in nelsonville, about 20 mins from old mans cave, and also one in lancaster now...can anyone imagine the looks if 15+ G35s rolled in all at once? it would be like it was in those small towns near MOhican state park!!!

anyways, jinobob, you come up with anything? I think we need a good week to plan food, places, and routes. Anyone with ideas and cool places they know of, please offer suggestions.

I know that Route 13 north from 33 east outside Nelsonville goes to Zanesville and its where the MR2 club of columbus does a semi-annually run. and there is some good amish fried chicken down there in Logan!!! and a newer BBQ pit with a large open parking lot right off 33 on the exit to old mans cave.

lets get on it ppl!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Cruise and Meet (Emphasis on the cruise part!)
Copy and Paste and include any info you wish to add...

Saturday September 27th (date subject to change due to availability of people)

Whose going?

1. G-adabout (Jeremy) (PM me for my Cell if you wish)

What will you bring? (food, drinks, snacks, grill?)
1. Chips (doritos, fritos, lays, and pretzels)

Route suggestion?
1. 33 S/E to Hocking Hills area, Food, Old Mans Cave (cook out?), south to nelsonville, and then north on Route 13. From there ????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?