DO NOT USE Bodykits.com!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:59 AM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
id cancel the order through paypal/credit card then use someone else..can prob find one cheaper used and maybe in poly

Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
id cancel the order through paypal/credit card then use someone else..can prob find one cheaper used and maybe in poly
Yeah, that's exactly what i plan on doing... I have already called another company and they are $100 cheaper and they can get the bumper to me by the 8th... which is only 7 days later than bodykits would have gotten it here... and plus, the new company said they use the same manufacturer as bodykits and that manufacturer had some issues with some of their bumpers sagging so they were going to have to check out the bomber bumper before they actually sent it out. They also said that would mean that if there is a problem with that bumper then I should cancel my order with bodykits anyways cuz they would have sent me a defective bumper... so yeah... quite annoying...

Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
have they called u back yet? I know it's still early on the west coast, but....

Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Nope... no cb yet... and i accidentally left the paper with their number in my car... and i dont feel like walking down there to get it... so, i'll have to call later... hopefully they'll still be open when i leave work!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:36 AM
So, I'm usually one of those people who will try to give a company the benefit of the doubt. However, bodykits.com has more than worn out their welcome!! The bumper finally came in today... but the entire thing was busted up. It literally looked like someone put a fork lift through it, box and all... So, i had to refuse the shipment... well, i called bodykits.com and gave them the refusal number and told them why we refused it. Then i asked him if i was going to be refunded the full amount. He said, "probably not, there's a 25% restocking fee on refused shipments"... Then he tried to tell me, "how do we know if it was damaged by the manufacturer or by the shipping company"... Then said they have a specific return policy where they expect you to take pictures and send them to him... So,i had to ask how the he!! they could charge me a restocking fee on something that i would have used had it not been damaged; something i had to refuse because of no fault of mine. Also, why is it my problem if it was damaged by the shipping company??? I didnt choose Estes Express! And, what kind of company makes you take pictures of a shipment that you refuse at time of delivery?! i mean, seriously?! So, they said they cannot do anything until the bumper actually gets back to them. So, thats fine. i'll give it a week and as soon as that week is over, i'm talking to the owner if necessary and i better get the full amount refunded! but just thought i would share how poorly this business operates!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
We work for UPS (which I know is a much larger company) and we don't even ask for pictures...it is all the shippers problem, and we inspect it if there is a claim filed....This company is GAY!!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you just do a chargeback?

Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
define chargeback? Means something completely different where we work....

Old 06-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you bought it with your credit card, call bank and open a dispute.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:03 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
gotcha, yea, I've done that before, but the bumper was ordered by the bodyshop and they don't really wanna deal with all the hassle apparently. I had to do that when Concept Z performance tried to screw me over...She ordered from the other place with her CC, but original was ordered with bodyshop guys CC