DO NOT USE Bodykits.com!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down DO NOT USE Bodykits.com!!!

So, I just thought I would post this for everyone in the club to see... Basically, I ordered a custom bumper for my Lancer from Bodykits.com and according to their website they were going to have my bumper delivered in 1-2 weeks. Well, it has now been 3 weeks since I ordered the bumper and I still have not received it. So, yesterday I called their customer service line to get a tracking number so I could see where the bumper was located. The guy I talked to told me that he didnt have the tracking number but he shows the bumper was delivered on 06/15. Well, I called them back today to get the tracking number and the guy tells me that there was a problem with the order. Basically, they submitted the order to their manufacturer within 48 hours of me ordering. However, their manufacturer claims they never received the order. So, they just resubmitted the order YESTERDAY!! So, I asked them if they could reimburse me in any way since I've had a rental since the 5th and my rental is about to run out and I will be without a vehicle. They try to tell me that there isnt anything they can do because it wasnt their fault. I proceed to tell them that I ordered from them not their manufacturer so it is their fault. Well, all in all, they said they will refund me $40 for shipping... Shipping was $179!!! and the bumper itself cost me $205!!! the d@mn thing is fiberglass and of course isnt even painted or anything so when my body guy gets it he's going to have to spend some time on it...So, don't use bodykits.com their customer service is crap!!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
HA HA!!!!! Anyone know if they are a sponser on here or anything?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cdubel01
HA HA!!!!! Anyone know if they are a sponser on here or anything?
They sponsored me on my APR!!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:42 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Really? HA HA...u have good luck with them?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dal35
Sorry, Dal... not meaning to blast ur sponsor... but they really screwed me over...

Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Hey buddy. Mix ups happen, even to the best companies. Suck it up and stop crying. It is all part of the modding game.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
TuningWerks Competition

No, i was just kidding, i have never bought anything from them. Yet. But yea, i own a business myself. Sometimes people makes mistakes. Sorry it had to happen with you. Atleast they didnt say we cant do anything and didnt work out 40.00 bucks back to ya!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Hey buddy. Mix ups happen, even to the best companies. Suck it up and stop crying. It is all part of the modding game.
Oh, I would have completely understood if they hadn't tried to lie to me and tell me that it had already shipped out when it hadn't. Also, if they hadn't tried to tell me it wasn't their fault. I do understand that mix-ups happen. But at the same time, I don't think any company should take a month to get a product to someone and then act like they had nothing to do with the mix-up. I don't care what kind of business anyone runs, businesses just can't work that way. I didn't pay them $400 up front to have them not actually place my order with the manufacturer...
So, you can view it however you want but, if you were without you vehicle for more than a month and didn't have a second car to drive once the insurance ran out, you might view things a bit differently.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:05 PM
No, i was just kidding, i have never bought anything from them. Yet. But yea, i own a business myself. Sometimes people makes mistakes. Sorry it had to happen with you. Atleast they didnt say we cant do anything and didnt work out 40.00 bucks back to ya!
haha... yeah, it just kinda stinks cuz the $40 doesnt even nearly cover the shipping... but I'm gonna try and get the bumper from another company and cancel the order with bodykits... we'll see...

Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
TuningWerks Competition

yea, even though it is prob the manufacturers fault. Even i manufacture and if that happened.. I would take responsibility.. Thats part of customer service.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Mixups are one thing but how you handle it will determine if the customer comes back or possibly refer someone else. Maybe you're just used to dealing with companies/folks who do not stand behind their product and service. I certainly would not buy from anyone or any company who does not stand behind their product/service.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dal35
yea, even though it is prob the manufacturers fault. Even i manufacture and if that happened.. I would take responsibility.. Thats part of customer service.
^+1

Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
I am gonna have to agree, mixups do happen, but at the same time, customers are buying from u and not from the manufacturer. If u are gonna advertise that u have a product and it will be there in a certain amount of time, then u should have it in that amount of time or at least contact the customer and not just lie to them. Bodykits.com dropped the ball and it is their responsibilty to provide customer service to their customers. Epic fail on their part....

Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea they should of followed up with the manufacture to make sure it got out on a certain day so it would be there on time. So it is there fault for not checking.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Off topic, sorry but your wheels are so sick. The G is just tastefully simple and clean. I love it! I'm saving for HRE's!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DO NOT USE Bodykits.com!!!