Qualify to become a member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Qualify to become a member

I was talking with Jeremy about qualifying to become a member of our club. What do you guys think and starting a rule in order to become a member of The Ohio G Club you have to attended a minimum of three meets before becoming a member. Then maybe buy a T shirt or sticker to show support as well. Plus have dyno performed on your car. Just a thought – Let me know what you guys think. I think we should have guide lines to follow.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
id say at least one meet...as for the dyno..i wouldnt think its neccessary,and def would have to get an OGC vinyl

Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Mike. I think you should make atleast one meet a year maybe two meets. Some people have jobs that require them to be there on the weekends like me and its hard to get off on weekends since for my job..that's when we are most busy and that is where I can make my money.. but I really want to be at every meet that I can to hangout with everyone. I love being a part of this group and I truely am looking forward to meeting the newbies and forming great friendships with everyone!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This club is more about forming new friendships and sharing a community than being super exclusive. Most people don't have dynos of their cars, and it really isn't a necessary part to being a car guy although it's plenty fun and a hilarious contest.

As for number of meets, I agree one or two at most. People are very busy and despite their best efforts may not be able to make an event, this shouldn't preclude them from being a part of our group. Yea, if you come to one meet and we never hear from you again, sure...but as long as you are active and try to come to meets, that should be enough.

Stickers should be a part of it as well.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Ohio G Club Member
^--well said! I totally agree!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Speaking from experience of starting a car club in the past (Columbus DSM)...I can tell you if you make mandatory that people have to attend meets, purchasing T-shirts or put stickers on their car then you may end up with some people turning away from the club altogether.

I found that the best response is to make it as easy as possible for people to be part of the club. You could even have membership levels with people paying dues to get certain items (tshirts, hats, etc.). This way, the people that want those things can pay dues to help pay for those items.

I founded ColumbusDSM along with some friends a little over 10 years ago and it's still going strong today.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I think Baluchitherium4 has a good point...

Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Ohio G Club Member
It was just a thought. I guess if someone decides not to attend any meets then they won't mind being just a screen name. Kinda curious what Ben and Jeremy think??

Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
not sayin u had a horrible idea Bash, but some people will wanna do all they can in the club, others will wanna just come by every now and then, and then some will only be able to make it once or twice a year due to scheduling....I think that there could be incentives for the more "involved" members, but if we make it too exclusive then some people will feel shunned and not wanna be a part of it...

Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Ohio G Club Member
So what are you saying Chris? Everyone won't drive 4 hours to a meet from a different state. jk, good point

Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
But I will!!! So where are my INCENTIVES!!! ha ha...And it is only 3 hours...

Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Im not a real big fan of making people do things to be apart of the club. I thought we started to club mainly to just bring people that have a love for automotive lifestyle. I do like the membership levels persay. Chris can be the first ne in the fruity shirt group. Oh I found some more pics for ya Chris. Lol

Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
great, more pics...U know, i saw that u had replied and I somehow knew that it would be something to the effect of my incentives being a fruity shirt...speakin of, what is the status of digitizing our logo or whatever. I think if we had shirts for HIN it would be pretty cool.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Hes having problems getting ahold of the guy. Ill see him tonight and ill see if theres someone else he can use. We still got plenty of time so Im not worried yet.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Ohio G Club Member
I have a guy here that can make the shirts as a back up plan. He has a store called Embroid me in cleveland.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Qualify to become a member