My Turbo Install with Slow Motion Motorsports-Sunbury, Ohio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
How much is it to get a dyno and tune done at slow-mo.

I just bought headders and soon high flow cats. After I install them I want to tune her up.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Thats becasue youve never gotten to second base with a girl.
Thats right! Karen is such a calm girl...maybe I am the one corrupting her?

Originally Posted by Rambo
How much is it to get a dyno and tune done at slow-mo.

I just bought headders and soon high flow cats. After I install them I want to tune her up.
Just give slo mo a call and talk to either Corey or Wyan. Be sure and tell them that I or dal sent you and that you are part of the Ohio G Club! They will hook you up, this I am sure of!

The point of this thread is to showcase their work and hopefully show the quality work they do. I am heading up there tonight actually.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
BTW, just talk to Wyan and the Intercooler and Piping is going in as we speak!!! I am heading up to SLow Motion after work to take some more pics and check out what they have done!

btw, I do mean to post the pics so far, just been busy with school (I am a teacher and its near the end of a six weeks...errr grades)

I have the dyno sheet, dyno run vid and pics of the beginning of the install with Mine and Dal's car...I will try again to post tonight.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I went to Slowmotion and found they also had the clutch and flywheel already installed, along with the intercooler and some of the piping. If all goes well, they could have it all done today! but Tuning and dyno next week. WOW! The Guys at Slowmotion rock!

Check out their mainpage and see the tale of two G35s...

http://www.slowmotionmotorsports.com/

Old 11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
get it done and bring it down to Louisville next weekend....

Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ +1000!!! You should definitely bring it down if it gets done... If you still have grades to do that week, bring it with you... we'll help you get it done!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed

Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few Pics I snapped:

Dyno Room for baselines!

Clutch Job is complete. The Turbo Kit is close to getting finished up. Heat wrap and other misc. things still need to be completed. Gauges and Turbo Timer is up next. Then back over to the dyno room for Tuning. The goal is to be finished by this Friday.

Thanks for checking us out!

Corey Parrish
Slowmotion Motorsports
www.slowmotionmotorsports.com

Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
lookin goood!!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
um wow! thanks Corey!!! I didnt expect to find all these on here. When we were talking today, I was thinking you were just talking on the website...not here! I cant wait I am soooo excited!!! I snapped a few more today and I have to update my laptop with my new blackberry suite and then I will be uploading the pics I took! Of couse, they are all on my Facebook page already in low resolution...

Old 11-13-2009, 10:54 PM
So the car should have fired up today, and Corey is doing his homework on the UpRev management system. Next week it should be complete with the exception of any suprises! now if only I can find my sd card adapter, I will up load all the pics of the build I have been taking...

Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
in for the finished product!

and fyi to whoever said 6psi is the stock block limit: incorrect. The tune has a lot to do with it. I'm tuned to 12psi on stock block and haven't had a single issue yet. There are many members with up to 12psi and have 40k+ miles on them.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Now that's good to hear! After doing a ton of reading in the FI section, I have come to the understanding that our cars have strong blocks but we'll see. I don't plan to push it as I would not have the $ to fix a hole in the block anytime soon. I would love to see what it could do, but I will be happy with a mild tune pushing around 350-380 at the wheels.
As for a tune, I am going with UpRev. I am not one of those guys that have to have it now, but rather understand that quality comes with time. So if it takes a few days longer to get the proper tune, I am ok with that. It looks like Corey from Slowmotion will be tuning it this week.
Again, I am sorry for not posting more pics for those of you that are following. I am actually at my military weekend as I type this. When I get home, I plan on findinf my cord so I can finally upload all these pics I have taken...and I have taken quite a few.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
under 400hp tune won't stress this motor.

The weakpoint on our cars is the stock rods. A proper tune and not going crazy on trq/hp will keep this from being an issue though.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
yes, that is what I have read binder...

Now as for my pics, I attempted to upload them tonight, but my sd card adapter broke! Seriously!?!?!?! and I left my cord at work on my desk...geezzz. it looks like all the pics will be posted at once from beginning to finish!

My apologies...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Turbo Install with Slow Motion Motorsports-Sunbury, Ohio