Look What I Got Today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, thanks for posting pics Neeral. Nice choices. I am such a stinker to have as a friend.
Can't wait to help you install, hopefully with the help of TeddyYang.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by buffpatel
Hi guys, my name is Neeral Patel and I recently purchased a 2009 BS G37x at the advice of my friend, Brian (DrGeeMD) and I couldn't be happier. Buying the car wasn't enough so Brian has also gotten me into modding. I have attached a picture of the mods I have received in the mail over the past week. I have not yet installed them, hopefully in the next month or so when I can get help with them. They are not anything special, so i only took one pic, but they are as follows:

1) Injen SRI sp1998
2) BB grounding wires
3) Illuminated Kickplates
4) Midnight Black Grille (the place I bought it from sent me 2, and they have not asked for the extra one back. If they don't ask for it by April, I will sell it to anyone who wants it, probably ~$200 - I paid $240)

My mothers birthday is on Sunday so I will be in Louisville for the weekend. I plan on installing the grounding wires with my dad and will probably have Infiniti of Louisville install the kick plates.

Finally, I purchased a detail kit from detailedimage.com and will be planning on my first wash/detail this weekend as weather in Louisville supposed to be in the 50s (Car wash, clay, sealant, and wax). Wish me luck guys!
If ya want when your in Cbus you can bring it over to my place and I can help ya do it. Ive got a BB kit midnight grill and the injen cant be any harder then my stillen Gen 3 to install. The kick plates shouldnt be hard to do at all. I believe that there is a DIY on doing them.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by buffpatel
Hi guys, my name is Neeral Patel and I recently purchased a 2009 BS G37x at the advice of my friend, Brian (DrGeeMD) and I couldn't be happier. Buying the car wasn't enough so Brian has also gotten me into modding. I have attached a picture of the mods I have received in the mail over the past week. I have not yet installed them, hopefully in the next month or so when I can get help with them. They are not anything special, so i only took one pic, but they are as follows:

1) Injen SRI sp1998
2) BB grounding wires
3) Illuminated Kickplates
4) Midnight Black Grille (the place I bought it from sent me 2, and they have not asked for the extra one back. If they don't ask for it by April, I will sell it to anyone who wants it, probably ~$200 - I paid $240)

My mothers birthday is on Sunday so I will be in Louisville for the weekend. I plan on installing the grounding wires with my dad and will probably have Infiniti of Louisville install the kickplates.

Finally, I purchased a detail kit from detailedimage.com and will be planning on my first wash/detail this weekend as weather in Louisville supposed to be in the 50s (Car wash, clay, sealant, and wax). Wish me luck guys!
welcome to the forum,names mike and i have alot of experience installing pretty much everything the g35's have to offer, if you need a hand feel free to pm or give me a call(ill pm u my #)..i live in louisville and im free sat afternoon.
i wouldnt go to the dealership..at 100/hr youll be better off waiting for an install meet or having another member help out
gl with your parts
mike

Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
When are we gonna have the next install meet. It's about time for one, if for nothing else, as just an excuse to open up the hood. Besides, I need to know when to place orders. I can't order too early and have something just sitting in my garage un-installed for too long, or I go nuts. Are we gonna wait till it warms up more? April?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
I need so many things installed. I plan on going to slowmotion this month or next.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
^no doubt ninja would need his peeps for installs! hahahaha

As for an install meet, We can have one whenever (as long as benny is open for business! hahaha)

I am going up to slow motion after work to take pics to satisfy the masses. 82 miles round trip to make you happy...what a president wouldnt do for you guys! hahaha

Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 PM
I think late March or April when it's tolerable to be outside without winter gear on. Plus I'd like to see some freaking sun.

Neeral - good start, but be forewarned, modding is like any other good addicition, ask Brian...or anyone else on this board for that matter.
And like everyone said, there is a lot of knowledge and experience in our group. We'd be glad to install your parts for free just for the good times. We tend to sit around all day and do work on cars and eat...it's fantastic time and solid learning opportunity and it wont cost you an extra few hundred dollars...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
I think late March or April when it's tolerable to be outside without winter gear on. Plus I'd like to see some freaking sun.

Neeral - good start, but be forewarned, modding is like any other good addicition, ask Brian...or anyone else on this board for that matter.
And like everyone said, there is a lot of knowledge and experience in our group. We'd be glad to install your parts for free just for the good times. We tend to sit around all day and do work on cars and eat...it's fantastic time and solid learning opportunity and it wont cost you but an extra few hundred dollars...
Fixed. LOL just kidding. really Neeral bring it over sometime and we can do it. I wouldnt take it to the stealership especially down there. Infiniti of Columbus may give you a break on the labor especailly if you tell them your from the club. Just talk to Brad, Jason or Nick when ya call if you want to go the $ route.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey, thanks everyone for all the offers for help with installing the mods. Maybe I'll just stay away from the "stealership" and save my money for 6000K HIDs!

Mike, I'll PM you for more info if you're still interested for Saturday afternoon. I don't want to take too much of your weekend time (I think I saw you have a wife and kids). Would we be able to do the SRI or the grille pretty easily maybe in 1-2 hours?

Ben, maybe whatever is unable to be done in Louisville, if you're free in the next week or so I can stop by and install with you.

I think I saw something about a group install in April. If people want, I can wait for the Kickplates until then - that way if others want to see how they are installed they can also learn too.

Thanks again guys!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the direction OGC is going...lets show those socal guys whats up!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
^ I would love to...what we lack in quantity we will make up in QUALITY!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
who wants to install my BBK! ?
ill pay $$$$. i dont feel like spending $250 to
install my bbk.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
who wants to install my BBK! ?
ill pay $$$$. i dont feel like spending $250 to
install my bbk.
Ill do it for 50 bucks and a case of cheap beer. I then will take that 50 bucks and buy pizza for while we are working on the car.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
^have you ever installed a BBK?
and do you have a bleeder.?
if so ill take you on that deal

Old 03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey Ben, could we meet up at some point to do that Z tube? I could really use your help! Should I get a k&n drop in to go with it?

I live off Georgesville.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Look What I Got Today!