Randy's Wide body Article by Greg Turnage -Portland Tuner Car Examiner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:28 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Post Randy's Wide body Article by Greg Turnage -Portland Tuner Car Examiner

Here is an article of Randy's G from TW Competition also by Greg on Tuner Examiner.

The first time I saw this G35 was when Randy debut it at the 2008 San Mateo Hot Import Nights. It was one of my favorite cars there. Randy has continue to keep improving the car every chance he gets. which is not as easy as it sounds as this cars pulls double duty. first it's his wife Hoai daily driver and on the weekends it's Randy's showcar . Every inch of this car is so clean you would think it was a trailer baby . But this is not the case with this car as he drives it to every show it's entered in on the west coast .

And just to remind those checking out this ride going down the road the license plates read RRYDE ( our ride ) to let everyone know it's a partnership thats made this custom wide body G35 possible. This is one of the most modified daily drivers on the streets of Southern California . Randy is also a proud member of TWC one of top teams on the show scene . Randy enlisted some of the top shops in So.Cal to work on his car starting with Autoexplosion handling body and paint duty's and Chuy 's Interior took on the interior work . As you will see in the photo's this is one nice G35 and as with most cars at this level pictures just don't do it justice .

So Randy took a moment to answer a few question .

1. What was the first car you customize ?

A 1984 Nissan 720 pickup .

2. What's your dream car to customize ?

A Street rod

3. What's your favorite show to attend ?

Hot Import Nights

4. If money was no object what would you do to your car that's not done already ?

A Built Motor and upgrade the interior

5. Have you ever seen a car that was just cool ( something you would not expect ) ?

Yes I seen a few .

6. Do you have any other projects in the works ?

No

Here a few Fact 's about Randy's G35.

Est . Horsepower : 400 whp

Engine modifications : Fully polished Vortech supercharger, DC sports headers, Greedy EVO III exhaust with HKS tips, Koyo 32 mm radiator, GTM motorsports cooling fans, Earls steel braided hoses and clamps, custom full wire tuck .

Wheels and tires : 21 x 9.5 Modsport SI 3 piece forged front Rim with a 255 x30 x21 Falken FK 452 tire , 21 x 11 Modsport SI 3 piece forged rear rim with a 295 x 25 x21Falken FK 452 tire .

Suspension : Wildwood BBK 6 piston ( custom powder coated ) caliber 14 " rotors in front , 4 piston( custom power coated ) caliber 13' rotors in the rear , Tein type flex coilovers ( custom powder coated and polished ) . Cusco sway bars and a-arms ( custom powder coated ) , SPL sway bar end links front and rear , GT spec upper and lower rear tie rods (polished ) , Fully polished rear sub frame and front components .

Exterior : Kenstyle body kit with one off wide body one off metal fender with vent , Mold in rear spoiler and rear bumper, Top Secret hood and hood dampers. Shaved door handles and marker lights , custom gas door, molded in carbon fiber mirror covers, 06 JDM tail lights and 06 headlights with angel eyes, UTR roof spoiler ,Custom paint Lamborghini orange.

Randy would also like to think the following for there support : His wife Hoai ,Autoexplosion body work , Chuy 's Interiors, Falken Tires , Vortech , Amsoil , Vip Status .

Link to article here..
http://www.examiner.com/x-23886-Port...er-Randy-Riggs

Last edited by Dal35; 11-21-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice thats a sweet G. I love the wheels.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Those are the wheels that I was looking at...but not in a 21"! I can see some simularities in this G and someone we all know!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea J those wheels are like 4-5k I think.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
One of my favorites on G35driver. Congrats!