Slowmotion Motorsports Osiris UPREV Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
supposedly they have seasonal insurance...

Old 05-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's your call, but if i get a beater it's going to be minimum coverage.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have seasonal on my g for winters..its about 60.00 for 6 months(good driving record) but is only liability..then reg rates throughout the summer(full coverage) and drive my jeep for dd..i know on procharger you cant run a reg airfilter on the blower,so it makes me weary driving in rain and snow(g's never seen snow) i def reccomend getting a dd and parking the g on rainy/snowy days

Old 05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

ur seasonal insurance also reflects how many vehicles u have insured with the company and also homeowners/renters insurance can reduce it further

Old 05-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
pick the car and before you buy it, call your insurance...My G I pay 73 a month, my truck 39 and my moto 33 for full coverage with 250k, 500, and 250k coverage...and a $100 deductable. No doubt if you get a beater, you will want full coverage. If someone hits you, you will get a check for the car and not lose out on any money, chances are if you get a really good deal on the car, you might make money on the accident. Also, if you do wreck it and with little insurance and no replacement, you may have to pull out the G in the worst weather of the year to get around...
Just think it through...and you can get free quotes from your insurance company. just ask

Old 05-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Originally Posted by g-adabout
Just think it through...and you can get free quotes from your insurance company. just ask
lol sounds like a geico commercial

Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
also, having a primary and secondary car changes the rates on it. My G is not the primary car and it records less than 7500 miles a year. So the rates are lower. Going with the minimal insurance is the wrong thing to do anytime on any car. You want to be covered, regardless. I also have an umbrella policy that covers me up to a million dollars of liability. That is for anything I do. I have too much riding to let it go because I wanted to save a few dollars on insurance on my car. Check both prices for full or liability, you might be suprise how close the prices really are.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
lol sounds like a geico commercial
haha, if i could sell it on the side without all the classwork, I would. I know the value of it all too well.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Thanks everyone for the tips but Whats liabilty insurance ? Right now my G is insured under state farm with full coverage. Good thing about this is my parents pay for my insurance. (don't judge me!! Lol) and it's $180 a month.

But if I do get a DD obviously I'd have to pay for insurance. Would it be a smart hing to go under my parents insurance for my DD for lower rates? Or should I just get insurance in my own name and not under my parents name

Old 05-26-2010, 01:43 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
dress up in the Lizard suit and try it out :P

Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
oh, we're gonna judge u now Ninja! All this time I thought it was cause u were selling crack out the back of the shop, now I know! :P

Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah $180/mo adds up to plenty of mods, no wonder :P

Old 05-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
Thanks everyone for the tips but Whats liabilty insurance ? Right now my G is insured under state farm with full coverage. Good thing about this is my parents pay for my insurance. (don't judge me!! Lol) and it's $180 a month.

But if I do get a DD obviously I'd have to pay for insurance. Would it be a smart hing to go under my parents insurance for my DD for lower rates? Or should I just get insurance in my own name and not under my parents name
If you get a cheap car, get your own insurance. If you add it to your parents insurance, they may be able to get a discount for multiple car discounts. Outside that, again, call and check what insurance would cost you on your own and then have your parents check to see what it would cost them to add it on. If they add it on, I would offer to pay the difference. It may be cheaper in their name if since you have a few tickets! hahahah

Liablity insurance for your car is coverage for the other person. If you crash your car into someone with ONLY liability coverage, their car will be fixed, where your car will not be covered. You will be responsible for that on your own. Full coverage obviously covers both your car and whatever damage you cause, but also uninsured motorist if you have that option.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM

no wonder ur g is baller..lol ur rates will prob be cheaper under ur parents policy. reason bieng is b/c they'll have multiple vehicles and possibly their homeowners through SF too

Old 05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
State farm is who I have, and I have multiple car discounts, multiple policy discounts (my VUL and ROth IRA), good driving discount, etc...cheapest way should be with your parents. I must have missed somewhere where they have State Farm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slowmotion Motorsports Osiris UPREV Tune