(Now) Annual Hocking Hills Run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Updated in the first thread...please make suggestions!

Originally Posted by g-adabout
Ok, so by popular demand, the Hocking Hills Run is back on...

Update 9/15/10-and will be continuously updated with exact addresses and routes as they are picked. So Check back frequently!

October 10th - All day event

Meeting Place #1-8am-9am
Breakfast at Crackerbarrel on SR 256 and I70. Early to bed and early to rise! I will be ready to meet up with you guys here so that you can eat something early as lunch will be around 12noonish. From here we will drive south through my town of Pickerington (passing a Krogers so if anyone wants to pick up anything like cookout materials, food, drinks you can)

Meeting place #2-10am
Rt 374 and SH 33 in Sugergrove (Just south of Lancaster) at the Valero Gas Station.
We can meet up here before the drive down 374 to Old Mans Cave. This is also the last real place to pick up any last minute Items to Grill with, pick up pop and chips. No need to mention this is also one place you can top the cars off.
We will leave at 10:15am sharp down to old mans cave. I would also like to see if someone can be down there early to maybe secure some grills and maybe portions of the picnic area.
As for this portion of the trip, this will be just a teaser of the later drive...its full of twisties and elevation changes.

Meeting place #3-12noon
Old Mans Cave- Maybe a walk through the caves, just a short one for those of you that will be here for the drive! Your woman will thank you for taking a picture with her by the waterfall. That is, as long as it has rained and there is water flowing! hahahaa
Lunch, grilled till around 1:30-2pm depending on how people are feeling.

Leaving around 2-230pm to tear up some roads.
Sr 664 to 68...Starts out slow but once we get to 68, it is long, fast sweepers.
We will stop along the way somewhere for meeting place #4 (tba) to allow others to catch up or throw up! hahahahaa! More info to follow...

There will be a park and area to do a small photo shoot here. Chavez said he will be along to do some shots as well.

We will then follow 68 to the legendary SR 555. If you have a motorcycle, you know this road. If you road with us last year, you know that this is the road that causes motion sickness! This will take us all the way to the south end of Zanesville.

Meeting place#5 (TBA) In Zanesville. There is a gas station and a wendy's just before we get back to I70. For those of you that live east, this will be a good place to peel off and head home. The rest of us will be heading back to Columbus from here. Last year, we arrived here around 5pm. Its about 50-60 miles outside Columbus.

Post up any ideas or thoughts you have about this.

I need dates, saturday or sunday, in early October before the leaves start hitting the road...btw, this will be some of the best times of the year for color changes in Hocking Hills, which is by far, some of the best falls in Ohio!

Please answer the following:
1. Dates in October, saturday or sunday...Majority wins
2. Stop for a Bbq at old mans cave?
3. same route as last year? 374 to 664 to 68 and ending on 555 in Z-ville?
4. Photoshoots?
5. suggestion?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Please refer to this thread from here on out for sign up, latest info and who is bringing what for the cookout.

https://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-...ml#post5359033