14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

BBK decision, need your help tonight!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you for restoring my sanity.

BTW dealer cost right now on the Wilwoods is even less than I estimated. Ended up being just over $1300. woowoo

/thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
PM message I received earlier today from nyqueenz:
Thought I'd post this here for more discussion. I'd like to keep it civil. These are just car parts after all...

Uh, a lot of people care, and not just about brakes. Same reason people buy Volks or BBS and not Rotas or Varrstoens. Same reason why people trust Forged Performance or GTM Motosports to build their engines and not some hole in the wall.

Some people do it to brand *****, I care because I know the engineering behind the parts is sound and reputable. I know if I want to push any component to their limits, it will be there not just once, but every time. I care that my parts are engineered in Japan or Germany where tolerances are exacting and quality is unparalleled. I have no idea what shortcuts are taken to make things cheaper/affordable...and I don't trust that unknown variable.

So who cares? I care. Anyone who wants the best cares where it comes from and how it's made.

I see that you posted your opinion. But his question was clearly stated. He didn't ask what other BBKs he should consider. He asked for your opinion on two kits. If you don't know much about either, then probably wise not to say much else. Would I care if I were him that you posted your BBK, probably not, but I'm not him and this isn't my thread.

We get that you like your BBKs, I'm sure they are decent enough as I haven't heard much negative feedback about them. That being said, that's my point: I haven't heard much at all. That may be because most people buying serious BBKs for serious track duty don't buy Alliance/etc. When the Taiwanese brakes prove themselves under true BBK limiting conditions, then we can draw conclusions about their quality and performance with some certainty.

Run a season with them, see how the rotors hold up to a weekend of hard stops, see how the calipers deal with extreme heat, see how the colors hold up. Talk to some serious track guys and you will know that people with Porsches running PCCBs can go through a set in a few very hard sessions in less than a month. I'm not convinced that these kits can handle that yet. The thing is, if I'm wrong then GREAT, I'm glad someone is pushing innovation for cheaper costs. This will spur everyone forward.

Until that is shown, it's speculation from people who drive to and from import shows and occasionally do some speeding on highways. If that's all you want from your BBK, then I suppose that's great. I just feel more comfortable saving up for a set of Brembo GTs for my stopping needs.
Thank you for your input Mr. stradaONE8...

But as far as I see it.. I'm gonna stand buy the product or whatever I chose to install on my car no-matter what people think or say..

The sayin goes you pay for what you get is 100% true in all aspects.. I've had my experience with a few BBKs either it be the Porsche/Brembos set I had on my BMW M3 turbo, the stock Brembos that came off my G35 or even the Akebono BBK which comes stock on the FX50 I own. I put endless time and research into my project cars and never have I cut any corners to have a complete FAIL..

Quote"
Uh, a lot of people care, and not just about brakes. Same reason people buy Volks or BBS and not Rotas or Varrstoens. Same reason why people trust Forged Performance or GTM Motosports to build their engines and not some hole in the wall."

My car wasn't built from either or "Forged/GTM" .. does it mean my engine will fail.. "Hell No" these are big name companies.. any small company like let's say "Hills Garage" have been proven to put out 100% quality work.. let alone customer services just speaks for itself.. "OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE"

Quote"
"Some people do it to brand *****, I care because I know the engineering behind the parts is sound and reputable".

I couldn't tell in any way if you consider "I'm" a Brand *****, but I will tell you this that if it fits my appeal and needs it will go on my car. If brand ***** was the case then you would see a WP Pro 12 piston BBK on my car.

Quote"
I know if I want to push any component to their limits, it will be there not just once, but every time. I care that my parts are engineered in Japan or Germany where tolerances are exacting and quality is unparalleled. I have no idea what shortcuts are taken to make things cheaper/affordable...and I don't trust that unknown variable.

"I too push my components to the limits Hence, why my ACT 6puck is coming out of the car and getting upgraded to a twin plate.. with my future HPs goals reaching the 800 range.. I shouldn't see brake failure in anyway shape or form.. guess we'll just have to prove this point later..

Quote"
I see that you posted your opinion. But his question was clearly stated. He didn't ask what other BBKs he should consider. He asked for your opinion on two kits. If you don't know much about either, then probably wise not to say much else. Would I care if I were him that you posted your BBK, probably not, but I'm not him and this isn't my thread.

"Ok I can get heat for this one.. I did post something totally different to what the OP was asking. Like I said in my PM.. I posted what I felt I knew more about based off experience with that particular product.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Go ahead and name drop...

WP is in the same boat as alliance!

The NSX guys already crucified one BIG NAME vendor who tried to pass these off to them as a elite racing brake system.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...=134334&page=2

Do some research for once before you post. All you know is hearsay.
WP has TUV approval, which sounds great. Until you realize that all approval means is that they meet European laws. That's not exactly any testimonial to their manufacturing standards. They're still made in China. And that 9g price tag? if you look, you'll find them going for closer to 2g.

How much do you think they had to PAY THM to put a set of those on their car? Even THM admits they were not regular brakes and they were "heavily modified versions" of what you can buy for street cars.

I am anxiously awaiting your "So my engine grenaded and my brakes failed" thread.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ryamartin
Go ahead and name drop...

WP is in the same boat as alliance!

The NSX guys already crucified one BIG NAME vendor who tried to pass these off to them as a elite racing brake system.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...=134334&page=2

Do some research for once before you post. All you know is hearsay.
WP has TUV approval, which sounds great. Until you realize that all approval means is that they meet European laws. That's not exactly any testimonial to their manufacturing standards. They're still made in China. And that 9g price tag? if you look, you'll find them going for closer to 2g.

How much do you think they had to PAY THM to put a set of those on their car? Even THM admits they were not regular brakes and they were "heavily modified versions" of what you can buy for street cars.

I am anxiously awaiting your "So my engine grenaded and my brakes failed" thread.
Enjoy your woodworks brakes playa.. I have nothing more to say to u..