TEAM OGC - Coming soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
TEAM OGC - Coming soon...OP edited

Good evening my fellow OGC members.

I just wanted to run somethings by you that Dal and I have been discussing. I know I have been asking around about a name change or about allowing other makes and models into the club.

Well, this is what we came up with. The OGC will remain true to all G series, all Z series and GTRs. For alll our other members that have joined that have other makes and models, we have come up with "TEAM OGC." This Team will consist of our club and the other members when we all show. This way we can keep our club true, keep our all our G/Z owners happy and then show support to our other friends as well.

That means, two clubs. OGC stays as is. TEAM OGC will be for all our other quality rides/ friends that want to show with us, desire to belong to a club, and for soley for purposes of attempting to capture a club trophy at a car show when more than G/Z/GTRs are present.

I hope that this is the move in the right direction that I have been looking for...to keep the club going but expanding our friendships and share the love of the automobile!

Questions? Concerns? Comments? Post up here or give me a text/call.

Last edited by g-adabout; 09-03-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Clarification needed.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 08-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Sounds like a plan guys...!!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm down....

Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'm never on here anymore but I will give my 2 cents...

I think it's a good idea. Chris had mentioned before about possibly changing the name and allowing other makes/models in the club. I think Team OGC is certainly a way to keep the Ohio G Club name but still allow others the opportunity to join us.

The only concern I had ever mentioned to Chris was that this club is a somewhat higher class club. In my opinion, I feel that it would kind of ruin the club's image if crappy Hondas or Neons were allowed to be in the club... I know we don't necessarily want the club to be exclusive but at the same time, I don't know that having a bunch of 16 year old Honda drivers would necessarily be the best thing for the club... just my opinion...

But as always, I'm not really in the club so I just give my 2 cents and let you guys make the decisions

Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
I like it!!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by myguydrivesag35

I think it's a good idea. Chris had mentioned before about possibly changing the name and allowing other makes/models in the club. I think Team OGC is certainly a way to keep the Ohio G Club name but still allow others the opportunity to join us.

The only concern I had ever mentioned to Chris was that this club is a somewhat higher class club. In my opinion, I feel that it would kind of ruin the club's image if crappy Hondas or Neons were allowed to be in the club... I know we don't necessarily want the club to be exclusive but at the same time, I don't know that having a bunch of 16 year old Honda drivers would necessarily be the best thing for the club... just my opinion...

But as always, I'm not really in the club so I just give my 2 cents and let you guys make the decisions

You mentioned Chris and "higher class" in the same sentence...isn't that an oxymoron?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Ohio G Club Member
I like both ideas actually, glad I didn't get a shirt with the wrong name on it

Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Bite me Grant! I put on shoes and sleeves when I have to go to the Wal-Mart...oh, wait...

Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by myguydrivesag35

I have to agree here...I am all for making friends and including people, but the thing that sets us apart is that we are all G (and a couple z's) owners.

TW Competition doesnt let a bunch of schlubs in because they are protecting a brand, and a particular image. Letting everyone in who wants to tag along cheapens our "brand"

Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree.. If this happens it has to be controlled as to who can join and what not.. It should also be like this in Ohio G Club period but so far we have not had any issues..

Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I agree completely about keeping both clubs to the standards of the highest degree. I love this club. I love the people more.
The next step is for some of us getting together and setting the standards for team OGC.

I value everyones opinion and I am thankful for what everyone has done in part of making this club what it is.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so does this mean new stickers. i havent got one yet but i want one but not if their gonna change. Dal, get to work

Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by bash27jp00
I like both ideas actually, glad I didn't get a shirt with the wrong name on it
I don't understand. You have a G, which mean you are part of the Ohio G Club. TEAM OGC will just be those that don't have a G. Our Club will not change. Team OGC is just going to be a second club, or a sub category of our club.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by g-adabout
I don't understand. You have a G, which mean you are part of the Ohio G Club. TEAM OGC will just be those that don't have a G. Our Club will not change. Team OGC is just going to be a second club, or a sub category of our club.
I didn't know the plan was to have a second club

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TEAM OGC - Coming soon...