Official 2012 OGC Events

Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Official 2012 OGC Events

Josh or Chris, can you sticky this?

This is by no means the only events that we are planning. This is just the official events. Please feel free to post car shows, install meets, Weekend gatherings,etc here. Please refrain from using this for planning or discussions. I would like this thread to be a one stop thread for any member to quickly be able to find what is going on each month.

To the Members of the OGC:

After our meeting on 2/11/12, the members present decided that we could plan one event per month so as to not overwhelm the club. These will be official events we are attending. There will always be room for the following but they will not be official events:
Cars and Coffee. There are three locations for this:
Fuel, Cincinatti, 8-12pm every Saturday
Cup of Joe, Columbus, 8-11am every Saturday
Clevelend ? Location unknown by me at the time of writing.
2. Import Friday Nights at Quaker Steak and Lube, Columbus Ohio. 7-10pm
3. Home Depot Hangout, Dublin, Oh. 10-2am
4. Car Shows
5. Any other event that is posted.

For the 2012 Season, here are the official event list for the OGC.

March- International Auto Show, Columbus Ohio, Convention Center. This is not a car show for our cars, but rather an event that we can all attend and talk about cars! Official date : March 17th. Time: 9-11 Cars and Coffee, Cup of Joe, Lennox location. 11-? Caravan downtown together to the Auto Show. Afterwords, Dinner?

April-
1. Install Meet. Chris Meyers offered his place for an install meet and Ryan Martin offered tools and his knowledge to help any member install basic stuff. Although we can't install a turbo set up, we can replace parts or swap out things such as brakes, sway bars, spacers, plenum spacers, shocks, springs, etc. Official date TBD.
There is also the Zattack Show in Tennesee if you are interested. Members of ZROC will be attending, but it will not be an official event for the OGC.
2. There is also the Zattack Show in Tennesee if you are interested. Members of ZROC will be attending, but it will not be an official event for the OGC.
3. Another event I am planning is attending the Ohio Mile. This is just strictly watching drivers tackle a mile as fast as they can sponsored by the same people who oversee the Salt Flatts Top Speed runs. It is a 2 day event over the 28th-29th. I am going to watch this!
May- ZDAYZ! This is the official event for May. It is May 17-20. This includes a top speed run on an airstrip, cruising the legendary Tail of the Dragon, Best Exhaust competition, car show and best of all, geared around the Z family, G family and GTR family of cars! This is a must if you love driving as this is the best road in the United States. 11.1 miles, 318 turns, elevation change of 0ft to 2000ft and no driveways or crossroads. The OGC attended last year and took Best of Show and 3rd place.
May Part two - There isnt much on the agenda but there is always something.
1. Saturday Cars and Coffee at the Cup of Joe in Columbus. 830-? http://columbuscarsandcoffee.net/
2. Cars and Coffee at Fuels in Cincinnati, the most amazing C&C around! https://www.facebook.com/FuelCoffeeCincy
3. We support a friend of this last year at a benefit car wash. This is a great show to attend in Sidney https://www.facebook.com/brianadamsbenefitcruisein
4. Dyno Day supported by Slowmotion Motorsports, Saturday, May 19ths, Canton Ohio, Horizon Audio. To Benefit the Area Humane society. Check info here. https://www.facebook.com/events/211765252241306/

Also planning an install meet if someone will host!

May Part 2-
1. Dyno Day! - Saturday, May 19ths, Canton Ohio, Horizon Audio. To Benefit the Area Humane society. Check info here. https://www.facebook.com/events/211765252241306/

2. Brian Adam's Benefit Car Show! - Sunday May 20th. Sidney, Oh, This is presented by my friend Nikki for her late husband who fought the good fight against Cancer. This event benefits a selected survivor each year. Nikki does it to bring awareness to the rare cancer Brian passed from, but also to keep his spirit and love of automobiles alive. info here http://www.brianadamsbenefitcruise-in.com/

For our Summer months we decided to do one event in each of the 3 Cs.

June- Cincinnatti, Thursday Night Lights, Edgewater Speedway. 6-?. This is a fantastic event sponsored by Zerolift! it is open drags all night with over 400+ imports attending! There are some domestics, 4x4s, motorcycles and hot rods that show, but it is attended mostly by imports.
Also, Planning a Photo scavenger hunt in Late June. It will be in support of the Driven with Purpose Road Rally the OGC is lead sponsor of. It will be something that is state wide so that all can participate. The Starting points can be anywhere in the state, but the endpoint will all be the same. I am planning it to be a 50/50 event. $20 buy in, winner gets half the earnings, the DWPRR gets the other half for donations. Keep an eye open!

July- Columbus, Midwest G/Z Heritage meet, July 6-8th, Dublin OH. This event is centered around the Arthritis Foundation Show and so, it is a show within a show. ZROC will host all the Zs that attend while OGC will host all the Gs that attend. There will be a multitude of vehicles there and the variety will be amazing! Friday night is just a cruise in and just a time for the gearheads to talk about cars. Saturday is the actual show and there will be a specific class for the Z and G. Last year, I took home an Award of Excellence and I hope that the OGC will bring home more. ZROC, iNi, Chicago Z, Cleveland Z, Great Lakes Z and some others will be in attendence. Sunday will be an open event for anyone to attend at Mid Ohio. This Track day will be hosted by the Audi Club of America and we will be guest. Stay tuned for more info.

August - Cleveland. I am hoping to set up a Cars and Coffee with Switchcars. Afterwords, a cruise of Cleveland or some good roads. This needs to get some help from those local to set up. If you have ideas, thoughts or suggestions, please post up!

September - Street Life Tour. Sponsored by ZeroLift. This event has been great the past few years and the OGC has brought home some good honors. They have open drags, Stunt Bikes, Drifting and a quality car show. This is usually the last big show in Ohio for the year so the OGC should bring their best.

October- Driven with Purpose Road Rally. This is presented by the Ohio G Club and will benefit young breast cancer survivors care of the Young Survival Coalition of Central Ohio. This rally will begin in Columbus, cover some of the best roads in SE Ohio and end in Dayton. This event is already in progress and is looking to ahve over 200 vehicles in attendence. I most certainly hope to have a strong showing by our club since we are hosting it. We have some major sponsors verbally committeed already, but if you know of someone or would like to sponsor it yourself, please let me know.

Outside of that, daily hanging out, photoshoots, video production, etc will be posted whenever and where ever they may happen. Please feel free to include the OGC in any of your events. If you would like to propose to make an official event, please message me.

Thank you for checking this out and I look forward to a great year with you!

Jeremy Clark,
President of the Ohio G Club.

Last edited by g-adabout; 05-31-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Updated April!
The following users liked this post:
X-FactorWR87 (02-13-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
looks good J!!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
who says we can't do a turbo install!

Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
i like the sound of that!

Originally Posted by ryamartin
who says we can't do a turbo install!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Love the enthusiasm!

Thanks Josh for the sticky!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Updated March events!

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I need to get involved

Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 AM
^ its easy to do! Looking forward to hanging out!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
When is the install meet this month? I heard the 17th?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
the install meet will be in April, not March. March is the car show, cars and coffee, dinner and drive.

April will be an install meet and cook out

Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cincinnati meet? just bought a g37

Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting involved Even if my G is painfully near OEM...

Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kmchenry12
Cincinnati meet? just bought a g37
Just name a time and place.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
^what he said...

Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 PM
We are meeting tomorrow in Cbus for Cars and Coffee, then to the auto show, cruise and then a possible drive if you are interested...keep checking in here our our Ohio G Club FB page!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2012 OGC Events