Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
converted dash

Hi All

Thought this might be of interest, found this place for parts and I brought the DOUBLE DIN DASH SET/27130 CONTROL ASSY.
and converted my dash to a double din unit, then had fitted a UK Pioneer: AVIC-D3BT Double Din DVD monitor + Navigation.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/maker.php?maker=Nissan

Worked out really well and looks great, plus no more radio 2

Daz

Old 05-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Martins350GT
Thanks Andy. I love the colour. Can a I get a paint stick from Nissan?
I would think Nissan could get one for you...I got mine whilst on holiday in Florida, along with some stickers to replace the various *** ones around the car.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by darrhowa
Hi All

Thought this might be of interest, found this place for parts and I brought the DOUBLE DIN DASH SET/27130 CONTROL ASSY.
and converted my dash to a double din unit, then had fitted a UK Pioneer: AVIC-D3BT Double Din DVD monitor + Navigation.

Daz
Hi Daz. How funny. Just been surfing that site to see what new items they'd added since I bought my front bumper from them. Then I checked this thread and saw your post. They seem a helpful bunch. Have you completed the conversion? And do you mind me asking how much? Any pics?

Andy

Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Hey Andy

Yer conversion is all complete, I will take a few pic's tomorrow and post, but the double din dash unit and control unit where just over £200 inc shipping and there was no import VAT. Then I had the fitting and Pioneer: AVIC-D3BT Double Din DVD monitor + Navigation unit installed which was about £1000, but it was top of the range when I brought it. Plus the steering wheel radio controls all work and I had a Ipod connection installed into where the old sat nav box use to be ( above the glove box ) which fit's the ipod perfectly.

Will post the pic's tomorrow so you can see what you think.

Daz

Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Andy

Yer conversion is all complete, I will take a few pic's tomorrow and post, but the double din dash unit and control unit where just over £200 inc shipping and there was no import VAT. Then I had the fitting and Pioneer: AVIC-D3BT Double Din DVD monitor + Navigation unit installed which was about £1000, but it was top of the range when I brought it. Plus the steering wheel radio controls all work and I had a Ipod connection installed into where the old sat nav box use to be ( above the glove box ) which fit's the ipod perfectly.

Will post the pic's tomorrow so you can see what you think.

Daz

Nice one Daz,

this will be good to see.
Im not getting all this double din stuff as im an old fart who only needs Heart radio and 5 live sport Do you use any of the existing kit like the part that makes the screen go up and down etc.
Tom

Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by gregthay
So who went to Japfest this past weekend?
I saw two other 350GT's. One on the AutoBMC stand (silver) and one on the Tetsuo? Stand (silver with nismo kit). Come on own up! I was on the DJCC stand...
I was there Greg, (not with my car though ) i went with a mate of mine in his R33 gtst.
I only saw Andys (Blitzskyline) mate there in a silver one. I did see a
blue 350gt on the way which i am sure hade some sort of white graphics on the side of it, don't know if it was at the show though

Did you see the Japspeed skyline smash ? he was from the club i was with and was running on standard brakes (not a good idea when tracking your car at Castle Combe ) He hit a few corners hard then boiled his brake fluid and got brake fade . You can see the outcome below. He also posted a video of it, beware it makes bad viewing

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...Movie_0001.flv

Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 AM
So here is my car and the converted dash

http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/8128866

I tried to get the pic's in the reply, but was a step to far I think

Old 05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Nice install.

I saw this Silver Skyline at Japfest.

The blue one like this -

Thats mine. Graphics are coming off tho. Just there to see what attention they got -

I didn't see the Liner come off but I did see the driftworks car total it and this NSX getting real close to disappearing into the field!

He just kept spinning and spining!

I was on the DJCC stand area. Couldn't get onto the Skylineowners one!

The only other 350GT I saw was on the AutoBMC stand. Silver with Black rims.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice setup you've got there Daz. I found the same Pioneer unit on this site for £787 fitted
http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?i...FQQ_MAodi3bECw

Has your pop-up screen been disconnected?

Hey Greg, nice website. Can't wait to see how it progresses. I can recommend 6 pot AP Racing brakes.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Greg i notice the gauges on your dash, are you running TT ,T or SC. Couldn't make out the logo on the boot lid.
Sorry for the obvious question but why the different wheels front to back ?

Old 05-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Hi All

Daz
Do you have a picture of your handy work?

Old 05-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by xover
Do you have a picture of your handy work?

Yer sure here you go

http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/8128866

Daz

Old 05-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Nice setup you've got there Daz. I found the same Pioneer unit on this site for £787 fitted
http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?i...FQQ_MAodi3bECw

Has your pop-up screen been disconnected?

Hey Greg, nice website. Can't wait to see how it progresses. I can recommend 6 pot AP Racing brakes.
Yer the screen has been disconnected, but left inplace there is an option to remove it and have a coin holder in it's place, which I may do at some stage. The unit itself is very good full Sat Nav, blue tooth, Ipod connection, touch screen and DVD player for those long traffic jams.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:27 AM
My cars still beebing at me!

Getting right on my wick now! Spoke to nissan this morn they said it might be the senser in the seat which Tom also brought up. How can I fix this without finding the speaker and shoving a big old screwdriver in it.

HELP ME SOMEONE!! I'm losing the will to live

Old 05-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Martins350GT
My cars still beebing at me!

Getting right on my wick now! Spoke to nissan this morn they said it might be the senser in the seat which Tom also brought up. How can I fix this without finding the speaker and shoving a big old screwdriver in it.

HELP ME SOMEONE!! I'm losing the will to live

Im at a skyline rolling road day next saturday at TDI's in Thurrock Essex. If you bring it along i might be able to get one of the technicians to look at it for you.

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners