Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

Skyline Owners National Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyline Owners National Meet

Courtesy of www.skylineowners.com

The National day will take place on Saturday 16th August @ Bruntingthorpe, Leicestershire, UK. It is open to all owners of Skylines regardless of which model or forum you're from.

Spectatorship/Entrance will be FREE! And seeing as it’s in the middle of the country as well, there be no excuses for not turning up.

There’s going to be a Trade village, with plenty of traders on hand to answer questions, give advice, prices and show off they're products.

Confirmed Traders;
Rising Sun Performance
Japspeed
Indigo-Gt
JapCar4U
Carvolution
EPRacingltd
Knight-Racer
Pimpinit.co.uk
Autosaurus
Invo Auto Ltd
Serious Performance
Apex Performance

There's also an onsite Restaurant and Museum to keep you fed and a bit more entertained.

Photography
The event is going to be covered by Nigel Wallace photography, Nigel is know for covering the Time Attack and D1 drift events and his work is as good as it gets.

He'll be there on the day taking various photo's of competitors and show & shine cars.
After the event he'll upload the pics to his website and we'll be able to order photo's direct.

Now the Events;

Show and shine
Trophies for Best Interior-Best Exterior & Best Engine regardless of model.

There will be only 30 places, at a cost of £5 per car, If you're interested PM me.
The cars will be chosen by Me, Keith & Lisa and it wont be a case of who's got the biggest budget, we're aiming to cover all models whether standard or highly modified.

Track action:
Costs are £150 which will include track briefing and an OPEN PIT on the Sprint Track, 0-60 and on the famous 2.0 mile straight!

So you’ll get as many goes on each discipline as you want.

Places in the events will be limited and based on a first come first served.
The cut off date for entrance is April 14th.
Also please don't be put off entering just because you feel your car isn't powerful enough, the day is about enjoying your car and being part of the community, not about power!

Please be aware though that there is a 100DB sound limit.

There will be Trophies for;

Fastest top speed from a GTR regardless of whether it’s a R32-33 or 34
Fastest top speed from a GTS regardless of whether it’s a R32-33 or 34
Fastest top speed from a invited Guest
Quickest 0-60 from a GTR regardless again on which model
Quickest 0-60 from a GTS regardless again of which model
Quickest 0-60 from an invited guest
Quickest lap of the sprint track from a GTR
Quickest lap of the sprint track from a GTS.

To make payment send a cheque or postal order to;

Bruce Morris
6 Charles St
Salisbury
Wilts
SP2 7AW

Please enclose with your payment your User name, Real name and Car details with REG.

If you wish to send payment via paypal it’ll be £155.50 to bmpug@hotmail.com but again please add the details requested above.

**Please do not send payment if you're unsure if you can make it or will pass the sound limit**

Finally seeing as we’re all going to be there we thought why not make a weekend of it and do some camping with a BBQ.

So just down the road is;
Innarla Caravan & Camping Park, Hallaton Road, Medbourne, Market Harborough, LE16 01858 565 478

For those not wanting to camp there is;
Best Western Three Swans Hotel, 21 High Street, Market Harborough (Leicestershire), LE16 7NJ 01858 466 644

If you need more choice just type into google ‘Hotels Market Harborough’

Who's going? I'll most likely be there (99% sure)

Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you going on the skyline owners stand ???

Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
sounds good, near me so might turn up never been to a meet before so not sure what to expect..

Old 05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Are you going on the skyline owners stand ???
No, just gonna mingle with the riff raff

I'll be arriving in the Sussex *** Club convoy. Also, staying overnight on the Friday, that way I can be one of the first in.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Syrus
sounds good, near me so might turn up never been to a meet before so not sure what to expect..
Nice one mate. Should be a good introduction to car meets. We'll have to exchange mobile numbers so we can meet up.

I'll start:
Airsoft Andy (Exocet on SJC forum) 07801 669833

Old 06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
mov
just found out the wife and kids are going to cornwall on the 16th so i will be making the trip down, be nice to go in with a few other GTs

mov (the names gordon but only my mother calls me that) 07771843586

Old 06-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Is Mov short for something? And is it pronounced Mov or Muv?

Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
mov
its mov its just a shortened version of the last name

Old 06-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi guys. I'm booking a B&B close to Bruntingthorpe this weekend, for the Friday before the big day. This will ensure an early arrival for the meet. Does anyone from the South wanna join me for the drive up. I could book an extra room or two if anyone wants. I've found a pub that does B&B for £35.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Bad news guys. Check this out.

From Skyline Owners.com

Right guys, due to the lack of interest and not getting enough people to book in the National day is now not happening on the 16th August.

But fear not I’m not giving up that easy, instead I’m working with Big thunder who organize day’s at Bruntingthorpe to do a joint day with them, so filling all spaces and cost’s wont lie with me, even if they don’t get the numbers the day still goes ahead.

The day will probably happen in September now, it will still have the trade stands, photographers, show and shine etc and definitely the track time, but we may lose top speed and quarter mile, but on the up the day should be £50 cheaper making it only £100 for a whole day of open pit!!

As soon as I know the date I will let everyone know and everyone will have the choice of either a full refund or a £50 refund if we can’t secure the top speed and quarter mile.

I do hope everyone still wants to attend and can also make it.

Will be in touch soon

Sorry guys. Perhaps we can have our own meet somewhere more central.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Bad news guys. Check this out.

From Skyline Owners.com

Right guys, due to the lack of interest and not getting enough people to book in the National day is now not happening on the 16th August.

But fear not I’m not giving up that easy, instead I’m working with Big thunder who organize day’s at Bruntingthorpe to do a joint day with them, so filling all spaces and cost’s wont lie with me, even if they don’t get the numbers the day still goes ahead.

The day will probably happen in September now, it will still have the trade stands, photographers, show and shine etc and definitely the track time, but we may lose top speed and quarter mile, but on the up the day should be £50 cheaper making it only £100 for a whole day of open pit!!

As soon as I know the date I will let everyone know and everyone will have the choice of either a full refund or a £50 refund if we can’t secure the top speed and quarter mile.

I do hope everyone still wants to attend and can also make it.

Will be in touch soon

Sorry guys. Perhaps we can have our own meet somewhere more central.

Im up for that andy

perhaps we can make a nice weekend of it and bring the wives/girlfriends for some social time. It would be good to put faces to names. Do you know of any decent priced places in the midlands which are on a nice bit of land.(thought something like this , checked availability is still good for september and £100 for two people)

http://www.superbreak.com/go/IN660/h...llery-4910.htm

Old 07-28-2008, 01:05 PM
mov
should be ok for any meet not worried about distance just can not make 10th to 18th sept due to a wedding in greece

Old 07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
OK so lets go for the weekend of 27th/28th September. The location can be confirmed in a couple of weeks from now, so lets try and get 10 or more cars. I will start the list so add your names if you want to join in and we will see how many we have by 15th August when we will need to book the rooms etc. (i rekon we can get a good price if we block book the B&B rooms).
BTW if any of our friends from over the pond happen to be in England during this weekend you would be more than welcome to join in for the weekend.

1) ukgt Tom + wife 1 double room.
2)

Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
mov
[QUOTE=ukgt]OK so lets go for the weekend of 27th/28th September. The location can be confirmed in a couple of weeks from now, so lets try and get 10 or more cars. I will start the list so add your names if you want to join in and we will see how many we have by 15th August when we will need to book the rooms etc. (i rekon we can get a good price if we block book the B&B rooms).
BTW if any of our friends from over the pond happen to be in England during this weekend you would be more than welcome to join in for the weekend.

1) ukgt Tom + wife 1 double room.
2) mov gordon + wife 1 double room
3)