Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

summer shows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
summer shows

hey guys, are any of you coming to the pod this weekend for JAPSHOW?

Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by paulhappvincent
hey guys, are any of you coming to the pod this weekend for JAPSHOW?
Yep im going for the weekend. First time drag for my car since having the work done to it. thats if i can get hold of two semi-slick tyres.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I am going with Andy ( blitzskyline) and ,maybe some of the autobmc gang. we will try to get into the show and shine area, so come and say hello.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
great day. Did watch ukgt. Good effort mate.did you find out why it was bogging down on the start line? I had my silver 350gt parked with Andy and Sally in the show and shine area. I think we were the only 3 gt's there.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:55 PM
great day. Did watch ukgt. Good effort mate.did you find out why it was bogging down on the start line? I had my silver 350gt parked with Andy and Sally in the show and shine area. I think we were the only 3 gt's there.
I saw the cars there, they looked really good sat together.

Mixed bag for me today but overall happy with the first outing since having the work done. I was getting frustrated with the launch as i tried a few different ways but without any launch control and on road tyres it was pretty hopeless. I was really pleased with my terminal speed though as i was doing 115/116 mph and that was after a crap 60 foot. The gtr lads doing 12's were only getting 104/105 mph. the downside is i have to wear a skid lid from now on. So if i can get the launch even half right im still sure i can do a low 12 without to much problem as the car feels awesome once the traction takes hold.
Saying all that though 13.2 wasn't bad on a hot day like today as most gtr's and evo's were doing 13's and 14's all day. Turboed cars always perform better on cooler days.

How did you both get on in the show and shine, i heard the red 350z won it ???

Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 AM
To be honest, I have no idea who won what as were not around when the awards were given. I will look at the japshow website later and have a read. I do know that Andy and Sally's cars got a lot of attention after the great feature thay had in Total Nissan magazine. I was impressed that this was your first go up the strip. Your car sounded fantastic, especially over the finish line. we all came out to watch you run. I did have a great day. I even bought myself a very nice ally oil catch can. I suppose that I dont really need it but you never know. Now all I need to do it try and work out where to run the piping from and to? any suggestions??

Old 06-22-2009, 12:32 PM
To be honest, I have no idea who won what as were not around when the awards were given. I will look at the japshow website later and have a read. I do know that Andy and Sally's cars got a lot of attention after the great feature thay had in Total Nissan magazine. I was impressed that this was your first go up the strip. Your car sounded fantastic, especially over the finish line. we all came out to watch you run. I did have a great day. I even bought myself a very nice ally oil catch can. I suppose that I dont really need it but you never know. Now all I need to do it try and work out where to run the piping from and to? any suggestions??
I think catch cans are a must and should be fitted as stock. They reduce the threat of engine fire 10 fold especially if you drive your car hard , if you have a major engine failure like pistons etc instead of the oil spraying over the hot parts of the engine it collects in the catch can and then is dispersed along a tube which goes to the rear of the car where it is released. They also keep oil pressure constant around the crank and reduce the risk of blowing oil seals. Not sure of the fitting but my ARC one came with instructions, just be sure to get the outlet tube as near to the rear as possible and away from the exhaust. Hot oil is far more likely to catch fire on hot engine parts like turbo's and manifolds etc than fuel is.