Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Post Up Your Lugs/wheel Combos!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice lugs ppl

Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
$80 a piece or for the set of 4?
For all 4.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
i'll be posting my set up very soon

i think calvin has neochrono's hiding somewhere

Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
NeoChro R40

*Kyosho
First of all please understand I am only trying to help! You have an awsome setup and I want you to keep it! So please listen to my concerns for you.

I would be concerned about useing those lugs. Someone could use a bolt with a nut on it to loosen your lug nuts. I will try to explain, one could screw a bolt into the lug then take a nut and tighten it up against the your lug. Once the nut is tight enough then all they have to do is just loosen your lugs.

Dont get me wrong I love your setup, but I would hate see you post pics of your ride without wheels. You could just replace your current lugs with shoter ones so that there is no thread inside the lug left exposed.

mine arent as fancey as yours but they will be very hard to remove.

Name:  P1010064.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  429.9 KB
Name:  P1010063.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  447.4 KB

Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
First of all please understand I am only trying to help! You have an awsome setup and I want you to keep it! So please listen to my concerns for you.

I would be concerned about useing those lugs. Someone could use a bolt with a nut on it to loosen your lug nuts. I will try to explain, one could screw a bolt into the lug then take a nut and tighten it up against the your lug. Once the nut is tight enough then all they have to do is just loosen your lugs.

Dont get me wrong I love your setup, but I would hate see you post pics of your ride without wheels. You could just replace your current lugs with shoter ones so that there is no thread inside the lug left exposed.

mine arent as fancey as yours but they will be very hard to remove.
uUUuUHHHHH.......

Do you know what kind of lug nuts that is? They're Kics Project r40 Neo-Chro. It's made out of cold-forged steel. With your medthods I don't know how you could get a screw and a nut on there? Confusing and a really retarded idea. I'm not saying those lugs are impossible to break, I'm just saying you can't break them with your way.

Also I do want to remind that YOUR lug nuts is the most commonly stripped ones. They sells them on ebay for $15/per set of 20 and the key strips all day long. I used to have 2 sets on my integra. In addition, if you want people to take you seriously, please don't use ADR wheels.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Calvin - I finally got a spanking deal from my homies at World One (a local tuner shop) for a set of r40 Neo-Chro lug nuts! Can't wait to go pick them up on Monday

Old 11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Calvin - I finally got a spanking deal from my homies at World One (a local tuner shop) for a set of r40 Neo-Chro lug nuts! Can't wait to go pick them up on Monday
very nice, bro! how much? PM me if you want. just curious.

congrats.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
what lugs do you think i should get for my new wheels?

all my other stuff is blue on the car so im thinkin either the blue work ones or the r40 neo-chro. what you guys think? and where should i order them from?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Damn, the soon to be my lugs were stolen.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
uUUuUHHHHH.......

Do you know what kind of lug nuts that is? They're Kics Project r40 Neo-Chro. It's made out of cold-forged steel. With your medthods I don't know how you could get a screw and a nut on there? Confusing and a really retarded idea. I'm not saying those lugs are impossible to break, I'm just saying you can't break them with your way.

Also I do want to remind that YOUR lug nuts is the most commonly stripped ones. They sells them on ebay for $15/per set of 20 and the key strips all day long. I used to have 2 sets on my integra. In addition, if you want people to take you seriously, please don't use ADR wheels.
gee thanks for making me look like an ***, I was just trying to help out. Wow I dont even know you. I do know how to work on cars, and I have dealt with these kind of lugs before. Now I did not say the lugs could be broken. I did say that these type of lugs could be taken off. Oh and I like my ADRs, thankyou. Just curious, who ever you are, if you lost all the things you owned does that discredit anything you have to say?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't want to get in a pissing match but what I think tire smoke was saying was that since it's an open ended lug nut and being so deep that there are threads in the lug nut that are exposed (extended beyond the wheel stud). If this were the case then you could screw a 12x1.25 bolt into the lugnut which would engage in the threads, use another nut as a jam-nut which would in turn lock the bolt to the lug nut. Then you could backout the lug nut from the wheel. That would be easily possible.

Another method would be to use a bolt extractor on the exposed head of the lug nut. Since it's sticking out beyond the face of the wheel there is a lot of room and an extractor could easily be placed over the end of the lugnut. It doesn't matter what the material or shape of the lug nut is, the extractor will simply wedge it's self on the nut and off it comes. The extractor uses sharp flutes which cut into and grip any shaped lugnut as long as there is enough clearance to get it on the end and with the lugs extended this is a good possiblility.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:57 AM
thankyou

Originally Posted by DHCrocks
I don't want to get in a pissing match but what I think tire smoke was saying was that since it's an open ended lug nut and being so deep that there are threads in the lug nut that are exposed (extended beyond the wheel stud). If this were the case then you could screw a 12x1.25 bolt into the lugnut which would engage in the threads, use another nut as a jam-nut which would in turn lock the bolt to the lug nut. Then you could backout the lug nut from the wheel. That would be easily possible.

Another method would be to use a bolt extractor on the exposed head of the lug nut. Since it's sticking out beyond the face of the wheel there is a lot of room and an extractor could easily be placed over the end of the lugnut. It doesn't matter what the material or shape of the lug nut is, the extractor will simply wedge it's self on the nut and off it comes. The extractor uses sharp flutes which cut into and grip any shaped lugnut as long as there is enough clearance to get it on the end and with the lugs extended this is a good possiblility.
I dont know why this was so hard for me to explain. I am grateful you cleared it up. I am not trying to get in a pissing contest either. I just like to help out. I love seeing great wheels stay on cars.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:57 AM
aHero4Eternity - PMed ya bro Thanks for the help!

TIRE_SMOKE96 - I'm sorry if I made you look bad but if you don't know the lugs, its composition, and you're spreading false info I have the right of correcting that. I was also trying to be nice in stating that your lug strips easily and the fact that I used to have ADR and the quality was crap and I have seen many cracked sets. Not to get any further in this argument you can take my word for what it's worth - or not. It's up to you but I still stand by the fact that the Kics Project lugs can't be broken by your method.

DHCrocks - I understand what the OP is trying to say but considering the material used to make the r40 lugs I doubt he can use that method. Now I did say other methods could work, just not the one he specifically said

Old 11-17-2007, 05:18 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35
what lugs do you think i should get for my new wheels?

all my other stuff is blue on the car so im thinkin either the blue work ones or the r40 neo-chro. what you guys think? and where should i order them from?
so to get back on topic

Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
go with the neo-chro's dan. you dont have any blue on the outside so it would look weird.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Up Your Lugs/wheel Combos!