Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

another detail job today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007 | 01:51 AM
|
another detail job today.

I had the pleasure of detailing another friends car today for winter. The good and the bad. The good is that with the car being white it's very hard to see swirling and imperfections like that. The bad is that it's hard to capture a good shine on camera, at least for me. Over all the cars paint wasn't in as rough of shape as I would have expected seeing as how it's NEVER been waxed or clayed!! The car wasn't really that dirty and my friend does a good job keeping the engine bay clean so I was just going to touch that up a bit. Here's some before shots....

Like I said, that car has never been clayed so after a quick wash I clayed the whole car, here's the clay bar after one small section...

So after claying the car I washed it again, dried it off and applied some Megs Tech Wax. After that I applied some P21S and the wiped it all down with Zaino Z8. Now, these pics do the car NO JUSTICE AT ALL. Again, it's was dark by the time I finished and trying to get a good pic in my garage was not easy but hopefully you get the idea. Here are some after shots....

One of the main request my friend had was that he wanted the lips of his wheels to be free of contaminants and feel smooth again. So to accomplish this I clayed each wheel for a good 5 minutes each and then put a nice coat of Wheel Wax on all the wheels and let them sit for an hour or so. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the outcome because the lips felt as smooth as glass and had an awesome shine. I also used Zaino Z16 on the tires.

Here's a wheel shot before....

and after....

Again before....

after....

Again, the pictures don't do them any justice. Lastly, here are some shots of the engine all cleaned up. It didn't take a lot of work, I just washed the engine down, threw a little metal polish on the procharger, nano-protectant on the plastic pieces and megs tire foam on the hoses. I also cleaned the whole underside of the hood but totally forgot to take a pic of that but it looked really clean and shiny.

Overall I was VERY happy with how everything came out. The paint on the car had a bunch of over spray on it in some areas but when I finished claying/sealing/waxing, the paint was smooth and slick as glass. It's so gratifying getting to work on such awesome cars,

Old 11-26-2007 | 01:56 AM
Overglorified Altima
Sick car. Love the rear. Too bad IP is so hard to color match.

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:04 AM
Geee Man
wow thats a sick **** car wanna wax my car?

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:08 AM
Ack..... Um, did you say procharger?!?!?!..... It is a Vortech!

Very nice job on the detail!! How long did you spend on it? A detail job like that would take me about 4-6 hours at least... This would also be a good time for him to take off his air filter and clean and re-charge it as well...

Good Combo of waxes / sealants... any reason for not using either Z2 or Z5? I love Z5 on dark colors and Z2 for lighter colors...

LOL... His engine bay reminds me of a Stormtrooper from Star Wars for some reason!

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:29 AM
haha stormtrooper engine cover anyone?

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by Triji
Ack..... Um, did you say procharger?!?!?!..... It is a Vortech!

Very nice job on the detail!! How long did you spend on it? A detail job like that would take me about 4-6 hours at least... This would also be a good time for him to take off his air filter and clean and re-charge it as well...

Good Combo of waxes / sealants... any reason for not using either Z2 or Z5? I love Z5 on dark colors and Z2 for lighter colors...

LOL... His engine bay reminds me of a Stormtrooper from Star Wars for some reason!
Haha, I meant Vortech. I think it took me about 5 hours I believe. Normally I would use Z2 but since the car is white you're not really going to see the warmth or pop that Z2 gives so I went with Tech Wax because the shine is still great and the durability is equally great especially in winter. As for Z5, I'd never use that on a really light colored car because honestly, it won't do anything for the finish that Z2 won't do. Z5 is something I generally use on darker cars but I've been kind of fading away from it. The "filling" abilities it's supposed to have sucks and that was really why I used it to begin with. Now if I want some to help fill a little more if a full polish isn't needed, I use Menzerna Finishing Glaze.

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:36 AM
love the rear bumper, and the white engine cover! thats str8 gangsta! how come no shots of the front?

Last edited by dcityjatt; 11-26-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2007 | 02:46 AM
Heres some older shots..The car is mine, nevergone did an amazing job! Thanks again man.

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:49 AM
Looks good!

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:53 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
great job

Nice looking Ip

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:56 AM
what front is that? custom 06 with ings lip molded?

Old 11-26-2007 | 03:05 AM
|
Originally Posted by HEGONE
Heres some older shots..The car is mine, nevergone did an amazing job! Thanks again man.

You know I loved every second of it!

Old 11-26-2007 | 06:56 AM
sick.

Old 11-26-2007 | 10:14 AM
damn, thats a nicely done up car!

Old 11-26-2007 | 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by JdM_G35
what front is that? custom 06 with ings lip molded?
Yes sir, 06 sport bumper with molded ings +1 lip

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: another detail job today.