Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Are these the springs for the 350z?? Do you rub any since u have no dampening??

Old 03-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for all of you with these super aggressive/stretched setups with crazy negative camber, i guess there's no such thing as getting an alignment then since it's kinda pointless?

You guys must go through tires like no tomorrow. Just curious, for those of you with slammed, super aggressive, negative camber, how do you make it up the alignment rack? my car isn't slammed but i can barely clear the ramp. I scraped when my car was going down the ramp, and they were using wood ramps to get my car up and down the rack too.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by nyckid
for all of you with these super aggressive/stretched setups with crazy negative camber, i guess there's no such thing as getting an alignment then since it's kinda pointless?

You guys must go through tires like no tomorrow. Just curious, for those of you with slammed, super aggressive, negative camber, how do you make it up the alignment rack? my car isn't slammed but i can barely clear the ramp. I scraped when my car was going down the ramp, and they were using wood ramps to get my car up and down the rack too.

not pointless at all, total opposite actually, with setups like these it's extremely important that all your various alignment settings are proper, not just camber but things like your Toe, and others as well.

I personally had a scary moment because my toe was so out of whack, and I was in the middle of a circly highway onramp and my VDC kicked in wheels locked up, I almost ended up in the bush.

and as far as getting alignment done, there are special alignment shops in my city that service race cars that are even lower than the cars in this thread, I assume it's no different in the city you live in

Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

exactly what adon said. plus most alignment shops ortire shops have "drive on" racks. which are actually flat level to the ground. the rack is recessed into the ground and you simply drive onto the rack so no ramp is needed

Old 03-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
having -3.3 camber HAS lowered ur car more, more negative camber to a certain degree does lower your car more so that is one of the reasons why you are scraping, more positive camber will bring the car more upright

ok so you're out of options for fender work

so basically you want to keep your car "lowered" but don't want to scrape and don't want to add more positive camber, no fender work AND now you want to add a bigger tire which will essentially raise the car so once again.. go stock or deal with it

if you want a bigger tire then you will get closer to rubbing on your fender, at which point the options are more negative camber and/or fender work

here in cali there are plenty of bad roads, construction and speedbumps.. how do people deal with being low? they avoid those streets and those problem areas but also utilize their fitment knowledge to their advantage

it's not for everyone because different people are in different situations, some can AFFORD to go low and some can't and if you HAVE to drive through those kind of conditions everyday and are scraping either deal with it(angle it) or go stock because getting bigger tires so you won't scrape anymore because you are lowered on springs defeats the purpose and is illogical
Well in that case I'll put on the 255/35/20 and see if I can decrease my camber a bit to raise the car a little.

The problem here is, there aren't too many alternate roads like in the US. They didn't think things through too well.

If I were to bring the camber around -3.00 would it make much of a difference in terms of ride height?

Also, will the scraping do any real damage to the car? Or just some cosmetic damage?

At the moment even angling it scrapes so I'm hoping with the new tires out back it should be better.

Thanks dre.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by erklep
exactly what adon said. plus most alignment shops ortire shops have "drive on" racks. which are actually flat level to the ground. the rack is recessed into the ground and you simply drive onto the rack so no ramp is needed
Really? I don't know anyone here that has drive on racks, they all are ramps here from what i've seen. NTB, Firestone, etc. Even some of the performance shops that specializes in dropped cars are ramps.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts
where are all the pix at??? not a single one on this page...Eurodre, rescue us...! LOL

Old 03-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Really? I don't know anyone here that has drive on racks, they all are ramps here from what i've seen. NTB, Firestone, etc. Even some of the performance shops that specializes in dropped cars are ramps.
Southwest alignment & Brake check on the northside have in ground alignment racks. This is in Houston of course.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by D&G35
where are all the pix at??? not a single one on this page...Eurodre, rescue us...! LOL

some europoke just to get some peoples blood pressure up

this has GOT to be bags because if this man rides static i will buy him a beer and give him a high five

thats all for now folks!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
haha, but the overall look is still clean
i got ya, just being a d1ck.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
whats new?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
One of the hardest rides I've seen in a while.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this has GOT to be bags because if this man rides static i will buy him a beer and give him a high five

thats all for now folks!
gotta be bags. first pic he has minor rubber showing in the rear, second pic, he is tucking rim in the rear. soooo schexy though!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
whats new?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
baghahahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]