Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

GTR style bumper new pic!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
looking good

Old 04-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post some in color.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Geee Man
Originally Posted by O RLY
thruxtons make O RLY sad.

oh god

i like it nice car

Old 04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
thanx for your comments guys.

1) the original pic was full color but I just decided to de-saturate it since my car is in Black + Grey + white anyways.

2) RedSkylineGT : yes, It has a carbon fiber lip. Your car is my ultimate mod bible dude!! Thanks.

3) I'm repainting the middle part in Flat Black now.(I'm writing this reply while I'm waiting for the flat black primer dries. )
I finally realize that anything around the same brightness range with Gun Metal or even darker than that, still looks way brighter than it is cause it's surouned by black frame. (I think it's pretty well known illusion artifact.)

The REAL color pic with crazy bumper DIY will be posted soon after the re-painting job done.

- JK -

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
LOL i feel the same.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by tuffenuff

1) the original pic was full color but I just decided to de-saturate it since my car is in Black + Grey + white anyways.

2) RedSkylineGT : yes, It has a carbon fiber lip. Your car is my ultimate mod bible dude!! Thanks.

3) I'm repainting the middle part in Flat Black now.(I'm writing this reply while I'm waiting for the flat black primer dries. )
I finally realize that anything around the same brightness range with Gun Metal or even darker than that, still looks way brighter than it is cause it's surouned by black frame. (I think it's pretty well known illusion artifact.)

The REAL color pic with crazy bumper DIY will be posted soon after the re-painting job done.

- JK -
cool will wait for dem pics yo yo yo fo sho oooooo

Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tuffenuff

- JK -
When mine gets back and yours is done lets do a photoshoot and then Calvin can make the pictures right by taking them himself....hahahaha

Old 04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
i agree. tsw wheels are 1980 looking wheels with big lips. you cant run those wheels with that front. The parts are miss matched.

definately need to get sides and a rear. that is prop the most aggressive kit to date for the G35. good luck.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
grrrr.... Thruxtons... But... well.. it's just too late to exchange them again so I'd rather keep it until the time comes.

RedGT : Yeah!! Let's git together and shoot some pics!!
I painted the middle part yesterday with 4coats of black sandable primer + sand + 5coats of Flat Black + 6coats of clear coats.
I really really like the solid fat look(yes, it's way way better than bright silver)but the flat black surface is not SMOOTH at all. It has like crazy rough texture on it.
Maybe I have to wait until paint cures for couple of days and see whether secondary sanding needs or not.

Thanks for your comments guys.

- JK -

Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Disgusting, as always.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
^Now, that's constructive.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Here ya go more disgusting stuff for you triple8..From Modified mag..yes it's a ad...lol

Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why, they actually look pretty good on his car.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:44 AM
mmm +1000 on the sides and rear.. i know you are getting them next.. but get it faster!!.. wayy aggressive front for stock sides and rear..

Old 04-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Disgusting... haha... dunno what to say. As far as I understand, and as a noob to this forum, this media share section is for getting FEEDBACK / SUGGESTION or somethin like that.
What am I supposed to do? Just take that 2 weeks old bumper out and throw it away then try to get Non Disgusting bumper until everybody in this forum likes it?

I know that the thruxton has sort of out-dated look and GTR style bumper is totally out of taste for some people.

But please think twice before you say "disgusting" to someone's favorite. Please...

I'm not forcing someone to love thruxton wheels or GTR bumper. Just wanted to share the information about stuff that relates to all we loving-G and that was it. If you think it really looks BAD, then please just don't go for it instead of saying something bad.

Btw, I was seriously considering SIDE and REAR for the next thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

- JK -

Last edited by tuffenuff; 04-23-2008 at 02:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR style bumper new pic!!