Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Would this bother you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Would this bother you?

Okay, I know I'm nuts and pretty difficult to please, so I'm asking for opinions before I flip out.
I ordered 19" MRR GT1's from RX MotorSports in FL. They came yesterday. (30 day wait due to a backordered Falken FK452)

I opened them up to find 2 centering rings missing and my spacers were forgotten. That's an honest mistake, no issues there.
I just opened my wheels to put a coat of wax on them, while I wait for my parts to arrive and I find the following.

One wheel has a nick in the edge. Not too bad, but it's there. My OEMs have 20,000 miles them and they are 100% perfect... not a friggen scratch. I'm the guy who needs scratches taken care of ASAP, they drive me nuts knowing they are there.
Another wheel seems to have gotten a little abuse around one of the lug holes.
Below are the pics.

Is it worth complaining and going through the hassle of shipping these from MA to FL because of a little cosmetic damage?
Should I just relax and accept them for what they are?
I know they're not 5K wheels, but they did cost me 2K.

I need opinions and advice here.
Thanks guys.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
at the least, you should probably email the pictures the Charles at RX and see what he thinks. The lug nuts wouldn't necessarily bother me much but the nicks probably would.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Those look like that may have been mounted before. I dunno, I'd probably call them and let them know, end them pics too.

BTW, who mounted the tires?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
yea definetly let Rxmotors know ..b/c if i paid 2k for rims i want them to be 100% flawless!

Old 07-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Those wouldn't bother me, but if it bugs you ... bring it up!

Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't bother me after 1K miles...but before they get even mounted? I'd call and at least see what they can do and how long it would be to replace.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Wouldn't bother me after 1K miles...but before they get even mounted? I'd call and at least see what they can do and how long it would be to replace.
+1. They were DEFINATELY mounted. After waiting 30 days, i would DEFINATELY have something to say! I would demand them to be replaced, and i would make it known that i am not a fool. See if they will give you a refund for some, or shipping back.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys,

I PM'd Charles to see what he thinks.
I hope he doesn't think I'm a PIA, as silly as that sounds.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Dude those wheels look like they were display models. If your paying money for brand new wheels, then you should be getting BRAND NEW wheels. Just my opinion.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Scott, that would not deter me from running those rims, but I would definitely let the dealer know about it.
Let them know you were not pleased.

They should look awesome .

Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I would keep them but I would DEFINATELY complain about it. Im pretty **** myself and things like that would bug me. You dont buy stuff and expect it to be damaged or imperfect in anyway. Especially since you spent 2k on it. Change it if they will ship you new ones at no additional cost.

The damage on yours is nothing compared to mine. Im talking about my stillen exhaust. Upon receipt of the exhaust, there were two fairly good deep scratches surrounded by a dent on one of the resonator pipes. Im still complaining about it as we speak.

I would attach an image right here if the file wasnt too big.. but if you PM me your email, I will send you the image and you'll see how bad it is compared to yours. Yours look nothing compared to mine!

Furthermore, your damage is purely cosmetic, my damage could potentially lead to a hole in the resonator pipe which would render my exhaust inoperable.. or have a really really bad sound if that ever came to be.

So im hoping that never comes to be, but there you are.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Okay, I know I'm nuts and pretty difficult to please, so I'm asking for opinions before I flip out.
I ordered 19" MRR GT1's from RX MotorSports in FL. They came yesterday. (30 day wait due to a backordered Falken FK452)

I opened them up to find 2 centering rings missing and my spacers were forgotten. That's an honest mistake, no issues there.
I just opened my wheels to put a coat of wax on them, while I wait for my parts to arrive and I find the following.

One wheel has a nick in the edge. Not too bad, but it's there. My OEMs have 20,000 miles them and they are 100% perfect... not a friggen scratch. I'm the guy who needs scratches taken care of ASAP, they drive me nuts knowing they are there.

Is it worth complaining and going through the hassle of shipping these from MA to FL because of a little cosmetic damage?
Should I just relax and accept them for what they are?
I know they're not 5K wheels, but they did cost me 2K.

I need opinions and advice here.
Thanks guys.
New implies new, as in: not used and unmarked.

Call and complain. I would not be happy with that.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I would definitely bring it up. You paid $2k for new wheels, and you got used ones, it's as simple as that.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 AM
yea i would call them dude...if you bought used wheels then its understandable.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Well, I've been going back and forth with Charles all day. He's receptive but is avoiding the issue in a way. He's taking care of the forgotten spacers and has been professional through the entire deal, but I get the vibe that he's avoiding the ding issue. He thinks it was done during shipping and I sorta believe that could be possible.

I came home tonight and pulled the wheels out. They have definitely NOT been mounted, but one lug hole happens to be slightly scratched. I think it's something I can buff out and it's not worth the shipping back.
The other wheel, the one with the nicked edge, I showed it to my wife. The same woman who thinks I'm nuts for doing anything to my car short of oil changes and the occasional wiper blade. She doesn't get the obsession but I asked for her opinion anyway.
She thinks I'm friggen nuts. Yes, there is a very, very small nick there, but it's so small that she couldn't find it until I pointed to it.

They're brand new and look awesome. I'm starting to lean toward just mounting these puppies and considering this medicine for my very overly-compulsive nature.

Here's another pic, the nick being at 6 o'clock. I guess it's nothing I'm not going to get within the first 50 miles with these things on NE roads anyway, right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would this bother you?