Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Say it aint so :( bye bye G35.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
holy jeebus, the car's leased?

MORE HOLY JEEBUS, YOU'RE DEMOD'DING, TOO?
:'(
Everyone seems to be leavinggggg

Mike, your G was the epitome of balla.

I, too, am curious what you're going to do with the paintjob, as I'm sure your OEM bumpers are still OEM OB colored (if I remember correctly).

What's the next project?

Good luck with the demod.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, i posted this and then just passed out for the night and didn't even expect anyone to see it until the morning haha but thank you all for the nice words and I'll clear up some things....

I bought it on a lease because the payments were cheaper and had in the back of my mind that i would buy the car out and keep it. Considering that I'm transferring to school further then where I'm at now it'll be really hard to drive the car almost 200 miles round trip x 3 days = 600 miles a week. I'm not sure if most of you know that this is my daily driven car, i drive the car EVERYDAY to work, school, and girlfriends house so i wanted to get something more practical. That is pretty much my biggest concern. I cant afford to buy 2 cars and have one sit for the weekends haha, anyone who knows me knows that i would ALWAYS rather drive my G then take someone else car somewhere. I'll be back on my feet in no time.

I'm not sure what the inspector will say about the paint, i was thinking that they would just be like oh ok so you painted it and now your going to lose the money and we get a nice free paint job, I'm not sure what they'll say so any info to help that out would be awesome!

The buyout on the car is $22,000 and the payments would jump from $450/month to $765/per month and working as a server in this economy isn't going to get that bill paid with other things i need to pay for.

I couldn't have asked for anything more with the car, i have lots of awards, 2 magazine features, its been in a movie, 5 tv shows, magazine ads, and the biggest thing of all was all the friends Ive made here...at the shows... and with every single person who gave me a thumbs up on the freeway almost crashing into the person in front of them.

I know that some people wont understand why I'm doing this but with the help of randy and viet almost ALL my parts are coming off so I'm trying to give them as little as possible and sell what i can to help with the next car.
Again thank you all for the kind words, it means a lot when going through all this.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
haha the top pics were taken in a studio when i shot for a toyo tires ad and then the motor shots and audio shot was taken in my garage with my ring flash and crappy editing to get rid of the reflections and make it "look" like it was in a studio

Originally Posted by Calvin
Bummer, Mike!

Hey, did you use a studio for those pics?!? Or is that in your garage or what? Details! I'd love to shoot in a studio...

Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow bro this is crazy, sad to see you go

but you gotta do what you gotta do

Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What!? Damn that sucks to see all your hard work and time go to waste for a leased vehicle. Well I guess you can say it was fun while it lasted. Good luck parting it out.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
you kno someones going to ask... so why not me lol

what movie and tv shows were you car in?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
oo im sure the dealer wouldnt mind the return with mods "D , but what are u going to do with the parts>?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have taken those payments over for you and sold my car off haha. Ok j/k. Ok not really j/k. I'd consider it though.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Truely a sad thing to see, but I hope everything works out. Your G will remain one of the sickest in my book.....Gl with everything.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mike's doing the right thing. Look at how many fully boosted cars out there get built and than sold. The difference between time and money spent on those vs Mike's is pretty big in my eyes.

Mike did a lot in a short amount of time, accomplished what he wanted and will be better from the whole experience than to have wanted to do these things and never have been able to achieve them.

Life lessons and experiences.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
so you are going to use the money for parts to pay for the difference? because you know that they are not going to let you just "give the car back" they are going to charge you like 4k or more for the paint and labor to change it back. im sure you mileage is where it needs to be at. you spent allot of money on your car that is apparant.

what I cant understand and I am not a fan of is kids that live at home, live off their parents, go to school then drop like $30k in a car when they should be trying to move out or pay their parents back for school instead of wasting it on a car. not pointing the finger at you but i see a trend of this on the boards. what ever happened to kids working for everything?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had leased a car a long time ago and the inspector told me that if I had painted the car to a custom color it would of been harder for them to sell it. Therefore it would have actually depreciated the car and I would of paid extra for it at the end of the lease.

I hope this is not the case here, so good luck and sorry to see you go.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mike does pay for his car payments and his mods.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by rookie
Mike does pay for his car payments and his mods.
I guess you could say Mike is sort of a balla.

Sorry, stupid joke. Imma go get ready for bowling class, now.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I understand what your saying but just to make it clear, my parents are totally against EVERYTHING i do to my car and have not paid for 1 cent in it of for it. i put the down payment from working at in-n-out when i was 15-16 i made every payment myself, and anything else for the car was all me. so I'm not paying them back any money for the car. Yes i still live with them and they are paying for my school but that's an agreement that we both made years ago that if i keep my grades up, keep out of drugs and other things then I'll always have a place to sleep and they want to just see me succeed. I know some parents say that when your 18 your out of the house but I'm very blessed to have parents that let me stay here. There are some young people out there that do give a bad rep for the ones who work for everything and that sucks because its not fun having to always explain myself all the time haha. As for the paint, i might do a quick color change but as of now i'll see that the inspector says and go from there (crossing my fingers).

Originally Posted by SIN3
so you are going to use the money for parts to pay for the difference? because you know that they are not going to let you just "give the car back" they are going to charge you like 4k or more for the paint and labor to change it back. im sure you mileage is where it needs to be at. you spent allot of money on your car that is apparant.

what I cant understand and I am not a fan of is kids that live at home, live off their parents, go to school then drop like $30k in a car when they should be trying to move out or pay their parents back for school instead of wasting it on a car. not pointing the finger at you but i see a trend of this on the boards. what ever happened to kids working for everything?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Say it aint so :( bye bye G35.